Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2019, 23:49 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 10, 2019, 20:02:
FALSE

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-empty-parking-lot/

Yep. Ok.
I'll have to take a "Mea Culpa" on that.
That's what you get for posting while rushing out the door to a meeting and not checking.
However it doesn't change the fact that if Trump can't block political criticism on Twatter then neither can "Occasional Cortex".

It cuts both ways. (At least it's supposed to)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2019, 20:02 RedEye9

FALSE

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-empty-parking-lot/

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

5. removed Jul 10, 2019, 19:55 ventry

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 2019, 20:09.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2019, 16:18 Mr. Tact

What someone needs to do is buy the information to track all the board members of T-Mobile and then release the information. Even if none of them are caught being somewhere they shouldn't be I'm guessing they might not care for that information being available let alone released.  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2019, 16:02 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jul 10, 2019, 14:16:
Drumpf only has himself to blame. If he'd use the POTUS twitter account, as he is supposed to, for his presidential bleetings, he could ban whoever he wants on his personal one. But since he insists on using his personal one for official business (lock him up?), he is not allowed to prevent people from viewing his inane ramblings.

But as for Ocasio-Cortez, I don't think AOC's speech is required by law to be viewable by all, like the President's is. IANAL.

Sure it is. The government can't shield itself from criticism. That's why the first amendment is the first because free speech related to criticism of government is an absolute necessity in order for a democracy to function as intended. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If The Donald can't silence his critics she can't silence hers. That chick gets way too much press.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

2. removed Jul 10, 2019, 15:01 Luke

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 2019, 18:09.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2019, 14:16 Creston

Drumpf only has himself to blame. If he'd use the POTUS twitter account, as he is supposed to, for his presidential bleetings, he could ban whoever he wants on his personal one. But since he insists on using his personal one for official business (lock him up?), he is not allowed to prevent people from viewing his inane ramblings.

But as for Ocasio-Cortez, I don't think AOC's speech is required by law to be viewable by all, like the President's is. IANAL.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >