Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues

A post to the Bungie.net Forums has word from a number of users who cannot run Destiny 2 on their brand-new Ryzen 3700x CPUs (thanks GameSpot). The original post says that upon attempting to launch the game Battle.net will minimize and says it is running the game, but it never actually launches. Destiny 2 shows up in the Task Manager for a minute or two, and then disappears. Another thread on Bungie.net and a post on Reddit have similar stories, and all of them have posts from other users with similar problems. There are posts from Bungie support saying they are escalating their investigation into the problem.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 10:35 G.oZ

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 09:40:

Uhh... It was mostly a joke, nerd. Calm your little boi titties. I wish this site had a "jokingly says" flag like Videosift.

I will say, though, that it's gonna take a lot for AMD to pull ahead and offer real competition to nVidia the way ATi did.

Well usually one might put the /s tag.

It also Poe's Law coming into effect. I've seen similar sentiment elsewhere dismissing AMD by Intel fans (or trolls).

Also FYI I have big manly titties. Was nerd meant to be an insult?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 09:40 ForgedReality

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 09:29:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 02:44:
This is why AMD is the cheaper option. They save money by not hiring QA engineers.
More like the devs targeted architecture specific configurations in their code and didn't have a reasonable fallback for ones they can't identify.

Bungie has always had garbage spaghetti code on their made-for-consoles games anyway. Is this really going to affect that many people? XD

16. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 09:40 ForgedReality

G.oZ wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 05:20:
This is why AMD is the cheaper option. They save money by not hiring QA engineers.

So based on this single instance of a game problem, you are certain it is an AMD hardware QA issue and not, perchance, something in the destiny 2 code?

'cause, you know, ryzen 3000 series reviews everywhere, people benchmarking stress testing everywhere and nary a peep about incompatibility issues with common productivity software and standard gaming benchmarks.

Uhh... It was mostly a joke, nerd. Calm your little boi titties. I wish this site had a "jokingly says" flag like Videosift.

I will say, though, that it's gonna take a lot for AMD to pull ahead and offer real competition to nVidia the way ATi did.

15. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 09:29 BIGtrouble77

More like the devs targeted architecture specific configurations in their code and didn't have a reasonable fallback for ones they can't identify.

14. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 09:10 Angrius Maximis

Good ole shitty AMD  

13. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 08:00 eRe4s3r

Linux distros also have issues

Probably some regression of standard features AMD "forgot" to tell us about (yet again)

12. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 07:49 Muscular Beaver

I remember buying AMD/Ati cards a few times and having a lot of issues in less known/older games. Not to mention the issues with my AMD CPUs, which for example caused me to get stuck in some games.

It really doesnt matter to me whos at fault. The thing is that there are issues with AMD and especially with less known and old software nothing is being done about it. Thats why I never bought AMD again.
I also was pretty pissed that the AMD proponents in forums never mention those issues.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

11. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 07:48 El Pit

intel pr guy 1: "Quick, guys! We must turn this into some major problem!"
intel pr guy 2: "Like our FDIV bug?"
intel pr guy 1: "1. Yes. 2. You're fired because we got no bugs and never had any!!!"

The code problem in Destiny 2 is only a huge AMD problem in some alternate forged reality.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 07:45 Ozmodan

ROFL, probably Bungie cutting some corners and AMD caught them doing it.

9. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 07:34 Pepe

G.oZ wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 05:20:

So based on this single instance of a game problem, you are certain it is an AMD hardware QA issue and not, perchance, something in the destiny 2 code?

'cause, you know, ryzen 3000 series reviews everywhere, people benchmarking stress testing everywhere and nary a peep about incompatibility issues with common productivity software and standard gaming benchmarks.

I never got destiny 2 to run properly on my intel 7820X without underclocking it, that and the fact that their forums back then were already full with people with technical issues with the game, I'm sure it is not the game's fault at all.

8. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 05:20 G.oZ

7. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 04:09 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 21:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 21:01:
Unless it's a Chevy, cause like their commercials say they are the most reliable cars per JD Edwards.
G2A paid jdreyer JD Edwards to say nice things about Chevrolet trucks.

I work for cheap, what can I say. A man's gotta eat. And drink. Hungover

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 02:44 ForgedReality

5. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 8, 2019, 23:55 eRe4s3r

Really minor issue considering it's out of stock everywhere, early adopters are exactly that... beta testers ;p  

4. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 8, 2019, 23:35 Sneakycamper

Intel Owners are Laughing so Hard in Southern California They caused a EarthQuake !!!! The Ground is Rumbling for Ryzen OWners!!!!!!! Just like First gen Cpu that come out and Gpus Give it 6-9 months !!!  

3. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 8, 2019, 21:21 RedEye9

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 21:01:
Unless it's a Chevy, cause like their commercials say they are the most reliable cars per JD Edwards.
G2A paid jdreyer JD Edwards to say nice things about Chevrolet trucks.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 8, 2019, 21:01 HorrorScope

1. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 8, 2019, 20:11 RedEye9

Never buy a new car on release day  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo