Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews

A Sunday review flood due to an unusual embargo schedule:

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 8, 2019, 13:04 Riahderymnmaddog

AMD is crushing it as they always do. That's why I use Intel.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 8, 2019, 11:12 Beamer

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 10:07:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 21:04:
Osc8r wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 20:36:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 20:16:
Osc8r wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 19:58:
45db and performance all over the place? Well that's... disappointing.

Was quietly hoping they'd pull something out of their sleeve to at least bring Nvidia's pricing inline a bit but meh.

LULULULULULUULULULUL!!!!!11 You were hoping the last almost 15 years would be just an aberration or something and suddenly, one day, AMD would stand a chance? HAHA!! No. Bring back ATi, and maybe nVidia would have some competition. But, I mean, if you want cheap garbage that you have to upgrade in 6 months, there's always AMD as an option.

I was only quietly hoping, like really really stealthily. I mean, their CPU department did a commendable job at least! We just need a little more competition in the GPU market - like where the F is intel anyway? Seems like there's plenty of room for them.

To be bluntly honest though, i was just hoping that the 2080ti prices would come down so i could snag one ''''cheap'''' lol.

I gave up years ago waiting for AMD to provide competition. But yeah at least their CPUs are finally catching up. I'm just waiting for 7nm GPUs from nVidia to drop so I can run Cyberpunk 2077 in 8k.

Actually AMD already has the best graphics card in the price range that matters the RX-580 and 590 are by far the best in the $200 range. As to Navi, just have to wait and see what the market brings. The last thing I am going to do is support Nvidia's ridiculous prices.

As to 8k it is just a joke on the public, just like ray tracing. The differences on a computer screen are just not discernable.

The 1060 can be had for the same price as the 580, and from what I'm seeing, seems to be the better performing card for gaming at 1080p, certainly not behind "by far."

Also, ray tracing is a joke on the public? The current implementation is limited, but you don't believe it will never have an impact, do you?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 8, 2019, 10:07 Ozmodan

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 21:04:

Was quietly hoping they'd pull something out of their sleeve to at least bring Nvidia's pricing inline a bit but meh.

LULULULULULUULULULUL!!!!!11 You were hoping the last almost 15 years would be just an aberration or something and suddenly, one day, AMD would stand a chance? HAHA!! No. Bring back ATi, and maybe nVidia would have some competition. But, I mean, if you want cheap garbage that you have to upgrade in 6 months, there's always AMD as an option.

I was only quietly hoping, like really really stealthily. I mean, their CPU department did a commendable job at least! We just need a little more competition in the GPU market - like where the F is intel anyway? Seems like there's plenty of room for them.

To be bluntly honest though, i was just hoping that the 2080ti prices would come down so i could snag one ''''cheap'''' lol.

I gave up years ago waiting for AMD to provide competition. But yeah at least their CPUs are finally catching up. I'm just waiting for 7nm GPUs from nVidia to drop so I can run Cyberpunk 2077 in 8k.

Actually AMD already has the best graphics card in the price range that matters the RX-580 and 590 are by far the best in the $200 range. As to Navi, just have to wait and see what the market brings. The last thing I am going to do is support Nvidia's ridiculous prices.

As to 8k it is just a joke on the public, just like ray tracing. The differences on a computer screen are just not discernable.

17. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 8, 2019, 02:43 JSP

Looks like the Navi cards struggle particularly on UE4 games. Perhaps a driver could fix this issue?  

16. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 22:46 eRe4s3r

Oh look, another AMD GPU flop

Meanwhile a kickass new CPU.. mhh

Also not 40db, 65db to BARELY maintain 95°C ^^

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2019, 23:09.

15. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 21:04 ForgedReality

14. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 20:36 Osc8r

13. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 20:16 ForgedReality

12. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 19:58 Osc8r

11. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 17:00 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 15:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 15:22:
Vega 56 came out 2 years ago. You should be able to pick one up for around $300. Drivers should be mature by now. If not, they won't get any better as all of AMD's driver programmers will be busy working on improving Navi. If I were you, I'd spend an extra $50 and get a 5700. There's a big performance delta there.

You completely misunderstood me. I was comparing the launch of this with the launch of Vega 56 which is now in a very good place after optimization. That was the whole point of my post. I was not saying Vega 56 launched today or something lol.

Yeah, I misread. Thought you meant you were liking a Vega 56 now that the new cards had come out. My brain stuck an "I" in front of "like."

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 16:35 Simon Says

Drayth wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 16:27:
Those minimum FPS scores are all over the place on the AMD side. Frame time issues hooo!

AMD launch drivers issues, as usual. In a month it'll be fixed, as usual, anyway AIBs, the ones that will really be worth it and not loud hot messes won't be released for a while.

Still, I can't say I recommend either of them at these prices. 350-450$ seems to be the new 200-300$, so fuck'em ( and Nvidia too ).

9. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 16:27 Drayth

Those minimum FPS scores are all over the place on the AMD side. Frame time issues hooo!  

8. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 16:27 Simon Says

You obviously haven't watched the Gamers Nexus review, the 5700XT is very far from the 2070S, even OC'd and guzzling almost 350 watts it's barely touching a stock 2070S, if at all.  

7. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 15:42 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 15:22:
Vega 56 came out 2 years ago. You should be able to pick one up for around $300. Drivers should be mature by now. If not, they won't get any better as all of AMD's driver programmers will be busy working on improving Navi. If I were you, I'd spend an extra $50 and get a 5700. There's a big performance delta there.

You completely misunderstood me. I was comparing the launch of this with the launch of Vega 56 which is now in a very good place after optimization. That was the whole point of my post. I was not saying Vega 56 launched today or something lol.

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

6. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 15:22 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 14:32:
I think like Vega 56, it could be decent when drivers mature. Also we need some partner boards, its a terrible reference design. I like the price to performance overall but the benchmarks are just all over the place and point to a sloppy launch.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 15:15 jdreyer

The XT a great card for 1080P, but not as future proof on either FPS or features as an Nvidia card. Still, you're getting nearly the perf of a 2070S for $100 less. That's pretty good bang for the buck, and glad AMD priced them right. If you need an interim card, and plan to upgrade in a couple of years, this would hold you nicely. Also, I bet the drivers are still immature, so performance should improve.

We still need a third player in the GPU market. C'mon Intel, get your act together!

4. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 14:51 Angrius Maximis

same AMD crap we are used to!  

3. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 14:38 Cutter

Promising overall. We'll see what the AIBs bring come August. I'm definitely in for one of these but I'll wait a few months yet.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

2. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 14:32 Verno

I think like Vega 56, it could be decent when drivers mature. Also we need some partner boards, its a terrible reference design. I like the price to performance overall but the benchmarks are just all over the place and point to a sloppy launch.  

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

1. Re: AMD NAVI Graphics Card Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 14:09 Simon Says

If you want the critic point of view on the 5700XT, head over to Gamers Nexus's channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAWtKEIYbw

In short, it's a very hot, loud, OC impotent mess with broken drivers. Pretty much a trend for AMD GPUs in the last few years...

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo