Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

I think our move was too much for my desk chair, as a piston exploded out of the bottom of the Aeron chair, thankfully not causing any damage to the floor. I tried a while back to replace the pneumatic cylinder this came from, but found it impossible to remove. It still seems fairly permanently stuck into the chair bottom, but at some point I'll try to force it out in a do-or-die effort. Either it will come out or the chair will be destroyed. I hope it will actually come free, as the rest of the chair remains in pretty good condition after serving loyally for 20 years, and it appeals to me to get it back in working order.

R.I.P.: Paul Benjamin Dead: ‘Do the Right Thing’ Actor Was 81.

Seated Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Lego remake of the Apollo 11 landing is here for the 50th anniversary.
Stories: California had its largest earthquake in years - then an even bigger one hit.
Science: Scientists say they found a cure for HIV in some mice. Humans could be next.
Toyota testing improved solar roof for electric cars that can charge while driving. Thanks Slashdot.
New York Times falls for “obesity probiotic” hype.
Media: HeroStorm Ep 61 'Two for One.'
Smoke grenade vs frag grenade. NSFW.
9 Movie Special Effects Nobody Believed.
Now we can even bowl from the couch.
View

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2019, 13:22 Nimh

Google has some stuff.. http://rainydaymagazine.com/wp/2018/12/30/diy-herman-millers-aeron-chair-repair/

My wife and I have Steelcase Leap chairs, and the cylinder on mine has been a constant issue. Mostly because I fidget a lot and chairs don’t seem well designed for that. Should probably just replace it with a bean bag or something equally low tech.

Everyone has a heart, and it’s calling for something. And we’re all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Jul 6, 13:22 Re: Out of the Blue Nimh
  2. Jul 6, 23:16 Re: Out of the Blue Hoop
  3. Jul 7, 07:33 Re: Out of the Blue eRe4s3r
  4. Jul 8, 09:59 Re: Out of the Blue AlexSledge