Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

I think our move was too much for my desk chair, as a piston exploded out of the bottom of the Aeron chair, thankfully not causing any damage to the floor. I tried a while back to replace the pneumatic cylinder this came from, but found it impossible to remove. It still seems fairly permanently stuck into the chair bottom, but at some point I'll try to force it out in a do-or-die effort. Either it will come out or the chair will be destroyed. I hope it will actually come free, as the rest of the chair remains in pretty good condition after serving loyally for 20 years, and it appeals to me to get it back in working order.

R.I.P.: Paul Benjamin Dead: ‘Do the Right Thing’ Actor Was 81.

Seated Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Lego remake of the Apollo 11 landing is here for the 50th anniversary.
Stories: California had its largest earthquake in years - then an even bigger one hit.
Science: Scientists say they found a cure for HIV in some mice. Humans could be next.
Toyota testing improved solar roof for electric cars that can charge while driving. Thanks Slashdot.
New York Times falls for “obesity probiotic” hype.
Media: HeroStorm Ep 61 'Two for One.'
Smoke grenade vs frag grenade. NSFW.
9 Movie Special Effects Nobody Believed.
Now we can even bowl from the couch.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2019, 09:59 AlexSledge

I am currently mulling over the same chair situation. I'm thinking I'll need to use the jack from my car to pop the base off the cylinder. All other prying & banging to date has only ended with minor self injury. :/  
I should be coding.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2019, 07:33 eRe4s3r

Last time I blew a piston on my chair I needed a a proper crowbar to separate 2 pieces that in assembly only needed gravity to connect to replace it. Took me damn well a day and taught me a vital lesson. Never assume simple to put together things are simple to put apart...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2019, 23:16 Hoop

piston exploded out of the bottom of the Aeron chair
Never mind, chair up.
I'll go take a seat over there

Um .. Behind you...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2019, 13:22 Nimh

Google has some stuff.. http://rainydaymagazine.com/wp/2018/12/30/diy-herman-millers-aeron-chair-repair/

My wife and I have Steelcase Leap chairs, and the cylinder on mine has been a constant issue. Mostly because I fidget a lot and chairs don’t seem well designed for that. Should probably just replace it with a bean bag or something equally low tech.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo