Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Borderlands 3 Video

The Borderlands Website now offers a new video called Episode 1: Pandora, kicking off "Claptrap's Interplanetary Series" for Borderlands 3. This offers a travelogue of the Borderlands setting hosted by its most famous robotic resident. This would normally seem to be the province of Sir Hammerlock, but were not here to tell Gearbox their business. Here's word on the clip: "Join Claptrap and Steve on an awe-inspiring journey across the wilds of Pandora as they search for nature's most beautiful spitting and/or barfing creatures."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 12, 2019, 16:43 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 20:27:
Alamar wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 18:59:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 18:21:
Must be nice for the few on everyone using EGS.

It is, thanks... I'm stoked : )

Was it hard using a different color store front? asking for a friend
Grin Wink W00t Wall Smartass

I wouldn't call EGS a storefront. A Flea Market or a Garage Sale is a more appropriate descriptor. Do you know what both of those have in common? Neither have shopping carts and both are lacking features of traditional storefronts.

The pre-req to use Smartass is smarts. You should stop using it.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2019, 17:10.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 5, 2019, 00:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks like Borderlands 2.3, to the deep sale list you go!

11. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 19:38 RedEye9

Looks and sounds like Borderlands. I'll definitely get it.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

10. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 08:51 Red886

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 22:02:
It can't be just me right? This looks absolutely abysmally bad visually. I get the comic artsy artstyle, I like that they stick to it. What I don't like is freezing at 0:15 and looking at that. I played games 9 years ago that looked better.. and they were RTS games. Ground has zero detail, zero displacement, zero occlusion.

This... this looks like Borderlands 2 only with worse particle effects.. how is that even possible.

And oh boy, freeze at 0:08 to see some of the worst graphics since 2005 (HL2). Water is using environment mapping, no actual reflections. The light isn't GI. There is no ambient self occlusion on models. While the main NPC do cast self shadows, look at the other things around him. And the moon texture is.. blurry?

I mean sure, this is all just visual blah and gameplay might be fun.. but this legit looks like a game from 9 years ago. And in some areas it actually looks worse than HL2 (and that's even older)

And since I am waiting for a slow-ass download, I might as well type even more. I recently replayed Star Craft 2 campaign, and I am actually shocked that a RTS game that's from 2010 looks better than many modern games do now. Some of the effects in SC2 look damn near amazing, distortion effects on beams, portal effects, rim-shading on effect volumes. That is some stuff that you could easily do with UE4 with zero performance cost. So I don't get why this is all missing here.

This might be youtube encoding killing details or maybe I am just getting picky. But how can a UE4 game look this meh?

Anyhow.. the more I see of it the less I like it ;/

how bad can ue4 go? i present to you Bard's Tale 4's first city.

9. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 08:49 Red886

prob still 80% grind with locations reused.

5% scripted content at the start, and 5% scripted content at the end. And another 10% at every 4 hours of play.

8. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 03:52 jdreyer

rist3903 wrote on Jul 4, 2019, 01:49:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 20:05:
I'm still getting used to the new voice... It's close enough that those who didn't spend hundreds of hours in the other games probably won't notice, but for now it's kinda grating on me.
I thought Claptrap was supposed to be irritating? Perhaps changing voice actors is taking that to a new meta level.

The voice is pretty close, but the delivery is noticeably different.

#NotMyClaptrap

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 01:49 rist3903

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 20:05:
I'm still getting used to the new voice... It's close enough that those who didn't spend hundreds of hours in the other games probably won't notice, but for now it's kinda grating on me.
I thought Claptrap was supposed to be irritating? Perhaps changing voice actors is taking that to a new meta level.

6. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 22:02 eRe4s3r

It can't be just me right? This looks absolutely abysmally bad visually. I get the comic artsy artstyle, I like that they stick to it. What I don't like is freezing at 0:15 and looking at that. I played games 9 years ago that looked better.. and they were RTS games. Ground has zero detail, zero displacement, zero occlusion.

This... this looks like Borderlands 2 only with worse particle effects.. how is that even possible.

And oh boy, freeze at 0:08 to see some of the worst graphics since 2005 (HL2). Water is using environment mapping, no actual reflections. The light isn't GI. There is no ambient self occlusion on models. While the main NPC do cast self shadows, look at the other things around him. And the moon texture is.. blurry?

I mean sure, this is all just visual blah and gameplay might be fun.. but this legit looks like a game from 9 years ago. And in some areas it actually looks worse than HL2 (and that's even older)

And since I am waiting for a slow-ass download, I might as well type even more. I recently replayed Star Craft 2 campaign, and I am actually shocked that a RTS game that's from 2010 looks better than many modern games do now. Some of the effects in SC2 look damn near amazing, distortion effects on beams, portal effects, rim-shading on effect volumes. That is some stuff that you could easily do with UE4 with zero performance cost. So I don't get why this is all missing here.

This might be youtube encoding killing details or maybe I am just getting picky. But how can a UE4 game look this meh?

Anyhow.. the more I see of it the less I like it ;/

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2019, 22:21.

5. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 20:27 RedEye9

Alamar wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 18:59:
Must be nice for the few on everyone using EGS.

Was it hard using a different color store front? asking for a friend
Grin Wink W00t Wall Smartass

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 20:05 jacobvandy

I'm still getting used to the new voice... It's close enough that those who didn't spend hundreds of hours in the other games probably won't notice, but for now it's kinda grating on me. Like Carrie Fisher in Episodes 7-9. Maybe Claptrap has spent the long stretch of time in between the same way she did?  

3. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 19:29 Creston

Damn, Steve's a good shot!

2. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 18:59 Alamar

Must be nice for the few on EGS.

1. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 18:21 Kxmode

Must be nice for the few on EGS.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo