Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning

A post to the Halo Insider Forums has word that the Halo: Reach test flight has leaked online (thanks PC Gamer). 343 Industries promises to take a leak on those who pirate this, however, saying those who download or play it illegally will be perma-banned: "It has come to our attention that the Halo Insider flight has been illegally distributed online. If you download or play this illegal copy, we have the right to ban all associated accounts and remove you from all current or future 343 programs. The Microsoft Service Agreement can be found here." Those curious about the PC edition of the shooter may want to head over to PC Gamer (thanks Neutronbeam) where they offer this video that shows off the Tip of the Spear mission (R.I.P. Bill Paxton) running on a PC in glorious 4K resolution.

View : : :
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning
Jul 6, 2019, 06:40
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 6, 2019, 06:40
Jul 6, 2019, 06:40

If anyone's desperate enough to be pirating this shit then the developer should be thankful. Those pirating are more likely to become purchasers further down the line. Draconian bans like this don't work and only impact those interested in the franchise.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Jul 2, 2019, 18:50
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 2, 2019, 18:50
Jul 2, 2019, 18:50

Beamer wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 08:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 14:01:
Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 07:22:
I wonder if there are any other product categories in which grown men dogpile on top of each other to demonstrate who cares least about a new release not necessarily aimed at them.

I'm about as interested in this as I am in a bowl of goat head soup.

Hey, what you eat is your own business, but where do you even find it, or does your wife prepare it for you?
Usually harvested from any roadkill goat I come across. Can't let a good goat head go to waste!
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jul 2, 2019, 08:23
Beamer

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 2, 2019, 08:23
Jul 2, 2019, 08:23
 Beamer

I wonder if there are any other product categories in which grown men dogpile on top of each other to demonstrate who cares least about a new release not necessarily aimed at them.

Hey, what you eat is your own business, but where do you even find it, or does your wife prepare it for you?

Jul 2, 2019, 08:08
Verno

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 2, 2019, 08:08
Jul 2, 2019, 08:08
 Verno

Kinda nailed ya on that though didn't he?
Playing: FF7R
Watching: The Last Dance

Jul 2, 2019, 04:13
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 2, 2019, 04:13
Jul 2, 2019, 04:13

Rilcon wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 15:59:

Thanks for putting the effort into stating you don't like a thing. Do you often go into news articles about things you don't care about to let everyone know you don't care about them

Check your sarcasm meter there buddy. I think it's stuck.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jul 1, 2019, 21:05
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 21:05
Jul 1, 2019, 21:05

Numinar wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 10:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 05:01:
Rhett wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 04:33:
The games really aren't that bad. They're solid FPS experiences, they fully support coop, and have typically been very polished.

Obviously Microsoft has milked the hell out of it, but it really can be fun with friends. Did you guys really not play Halo when it came to PC?! That was awesome!

No, we played Half-Life 1 and 2. Doom, Doom 3 and Quake 2, Quake 3, Wolfenstein, System Shock, Deus Ex

I played all those games as well! I think they are in the same conversation as Halo, genre defining classics that are still worth playing today with a bit of extra polish/port effort, though most of them predate OG Halo of course except HL2.

Some of them have worse shooting than Halo, less fun enemy AI and design and none had co-op except Doom, which wasn't great, and maybe the Quakes but I think you had to do it one map at a time. Certainly not good out of the box 4p online co-op like Reach. Also none of those games had awesome vehicle physics, with co-op/PvP support and boarding mechanics, or an in built level and film tool, though mods are better of course. I don't think any of them had ADS for the one guy to whom that is important to, except maybe some select weapons or with a macro in Quake.

I also think you guys missed out. I can't wait to co-op this with my kids. Almost old enough now... minecraft has them trained up at controller FPS controls good and proper!

Agree that H4/5 didn't cut the mustard, though they had their moments. They just were not pushing boundaries and features like Bungie used to, trading functionality and ambition away for some nicer, smoother graphics. H5 even had the return of the Arbiter and the trip to the Elite civil war which seems so awesome on paper, but that game was such a disjointed mess. The only one I havn't finished once let alone the dozens of times of H1-3, HR and ODST. Doom, Doom 2 and Hexen are probably the only games that compete for playthroughs and I struggle to enjoy those these days,

Well, you are absolutely right

But we also played BF1942 <3

I guess I only wanted to make the point that your path into gaming can hugely define how you look at Halo. If you are a new player RIGHT NOW then you really don't have a ton of good MP FPS to choose from either. I mean I am like the biggest Battlefield fanboy, and I hated BF1 and SKIPPED BF5 (because it is BF 1.5 to me). If I wanted a good FPS right now I'd be pretty lost..... I am not half averse to trying out Destiny 2.

Also Half-Life 1 will always have a special place in my heart, I actually did a few speed runs on that, got to 50minutes... record is 21.. oh well. But it was fun learning some of the tricks to get through faster. And you can get through really fast, stuff like using buttons through walls is something that you can never unsee and will try everywhere after that.

Jul 1, 2019, 17:47
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 17:47
Jul 1, 2019, 17:47

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 10:00:
I don't particularly like Halo. It's just really weird to see so many people diving on top of each other to make sure everyone knows they think they're above something.

Even your response, assuming I must love it, and assuming that anyone that likes it is inferior to your taste. It's kind of pathetic. "I'm a bigger gamer because I don't like Halo, raaaawr."

Honestly, we're all north of 35, most probably north of 40. Bragging about being the bigger gamer is kind of pathetic, no?

Who's more pathetic? The one that shares an opinion, or the one that takes the time to post twice about something not related to the article -- just to attempt to prove a point that no one really cares about?

Jul 1, 2019, 15:59
Rilcon

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 15:59
Jul 1, 2019, 15:59
 Rilcon

Thanks for putting the effort into stating you don't like a thing. Do you often go into news articles about things you don't care about to let everyone know you don't care about them

Jul 1, 2019, 14:01
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 14:01
Jul 1, 2019, 14:01

Jul 1, 2019, 12:13
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 12:13
Jul 1, 2019, 12:13

Looking at the 38 page, 15,000 word EULA it appears they can revoke all your license’s LOL I wonder if they can revoke your O/S licenses too?

Jul 1, 2019, 11:36
Jivaro

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 11:36
Jul 1, 2019, 11:36
 Jivaro

When I bought the original XBOX I was so hyped. Even as a pc gamer, I thought MS might be able to do some cool things with a console.

So yeah, I was wrong. At the time though I was all in and I bought Halo and Madden for it as soon as I could. I was unimpressed with Halo and that was that, never touched the franchise again. I suspect to a younger generation who didn't mind a shooter played with a gamepad it left a better impression. For me, there were just too many better options on PC.

Still have that XBOX though...works great. They did make a fair amount of decent games for that thing.

Jul 1, 2019, 10:12
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 10:12
Jul 1, 2019, 10:12

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 05:01:
The games really aren't that bad. They're solid FPS experiences, they fully support coop, and have typically been very polished.

Obviously Microsoft has milked the hell out of it, but it really can be fun with friends. Did you guys really not play Halo when it came to PC?! That was awesome!

No, we played Half-Life 1 and 2. Doom, Doom 3 and Quake 2, Quake 3, Wolfenstein, System Shock, Deus Ex

I played all those games as well! I think they are in the same conversation as Halo, genre defining classics that are still worth playing today with a bit of extra polish/port effort, though most of them predate OG Halo of course except HL2.

Some of them have worse shooting than Halo, less fun enemy AI and design and none had co-op except Doom, which wasn't great, and maybe the Quakes but I think you had to do it one map at a time. Certainly not good out of the box 4p online co-op like Reach. Also none of those games had awesome vehicle physics, with co-op/PvP support and boarding mechanics, or an in built level and film tool, though mods are better of course. I don't think any of them had ADS for the one guy to whom that is important to, except maybe some select weapons or with a macro in Quake.

I also think you guys missed out. I can't wait to co-op this with my kids. Almost old enough now... minecraft has them trained up at controller FPS controls good and proper!

Agree that H4/5 didn't cut the mustard, though they had their moments. They just were not pushing boundaries and features like Bungie used to, trading functionality and ambition away for some nicer, smoother graphics. H5 even had the return of the Arbiter and the trip to the Elite civil war which seems so awesome on paper, but that game was such a disjointed mess. The only one I havn't finished once let alone the dozens of times of H1-3, HR and ODST. Doom, Doom 2 and Hexen are probably the only games that compete for playthroughs and I struggle to enjoy those these days,

Jul 1, 2019, 10:00
Beamer

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 10:00
Jul 1, 2019, 10:00
 Beamer

Wraith wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 08:24:
I dunno Beamer, are there other categories where a grown man vomits out his butthurt because people criticize something he likes?

I don't particularly like Halo. It's just really weird to see so many people diving on top of each other to make sure everyone knows they think they're above something.

Even your response, assuming I must love it, and assuming that anyone that likes it is inferior to your taste. It's kind of pathetic. "I'm a bigger gamer because I don't like Halo, raaaawr."

Honestly, we're all north of 35, most probably north of 40. Bragging about being the bigger gamer is kind of pathetic, no?

Jul 1, 2019, 08:34
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 08:34
Jul 1, 2019, 08:34

Wraith wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 08:24:
I dunno Beamer, are there other categories where a grown man vomits out his butthurt because people criticize something he likes?

Laugh2

Jul 1, 2019, 08:24
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 08:24
Jul 1, 2019, 08:24

Jul 1, 2019, 07:22
Beamer

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 07:22
Jul 1, 2019, 07:22
 Beamer

Jul 1, 2019, 06:52
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 06:52
Jul 1, 2019, 06:52

Yeah, played the first one on PC. Pretty much the only one I've played and it was pretty good for its time. (Other than the terrible FOV and horrible performance on PC)

Jul 1, 2019, 05:01
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 05:01
Jul 1, 2019, 05:01

Jul 1, 2019, 04:33
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 04:33
Jul 1, 2019, 04:33

Jul 1, 2019, 04:03
Rilcon

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 04:03
Jul 1, 2019, 04:03
 Rilcon

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 19:21:
bigspender wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 19:15:
It'll be fun in coop, but the price better be right.

Although will I have time if I'll be playing the new Ghost Recon Breakpoint, which is a much more deep and grand experience in every way? Probably not.

Reach is one of 4 or 5 (6?) games in the Master Chief Collection, which I assume will be $60.

Reach alone will be $10.

Anyway, I liked these games, they're straight forward fun. The rancid "PC elitism" was funny as a meme 10 years ago, sort of lame when it's taken seriously still today.
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older