Out of the Blue

We're unpacking loads of boxes, and spending a lot of time wondering how we fit all this stuff in our old home. The scary thing is we still have more in storage to arrive soon, so we better get efficient about putting stuff away, and ruthless about getting rid of things we don't need. I'm also struggling at times with my cell-phone internet connection, but at other times it's fine. I can't figure out if I'm occasionally being throttled, or if that's just cell connection flakiness. Maybe both? Either way, it's good to be settling in, and fun having periodic joyous discoveries, like finding the towels we needed before we could shower. Sometimes it's nice to appreciate the simple pleasures.

R.I.P.: 9/11 Responder Who Pushed Congress To Boost Compensation Fund Dies Of Cancer. Thanks RedEye9.
R.I.P.: Korean Actress Jeon Mi-seon Dead in Apparent Suicide.

Simple Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: NASA’s restored Apollo Mission Control is a slice of ’60s life, frozen in amber. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Stories: Man Owns McLaren for 10 Minutes Before Getting it Impounded. Thanks RedEye9.
Global Health Risks For Summer Travelers In 2019: From Rubella To Yellow Fever. Thanks RedEye9.
Science: Is Spinach Basically a Steroid? New Research Suggests It Might Be. Thanks Max.
Media: HeroStorm Ep 60 'Kill Thuzad'.
360 Drone Footage-Alentejo West Coast and Bernese Alps.
We Need to Talk About Game of Thrones I Guess.
Follow-up: Boeing's 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers. Thanks RedEye9.
"Bond 25" Had A Title... That Was Dumped.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 30, 2019, 10:31
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2019, 10:31
Jun 30, 2019, 10:31

Right there with you Blue. Moved one week ago and have a ton of crap I haven’t seen in years laying around. My wife has approximately 2476 jackets...she wears 3, etc etc. it’s sort of calming to hear everybody that moves pretty much goes through the same process of purging useless junk you’ve somehow accumulated over the years.

Jun 30, 2019, 09:17
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2019, 09:17
Jun 30, 2019, 09:17

Woot! Congrats on the successful move, Blue!

Now the daunting task of finding out which restaurants in your new AoR are worth patronizing.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

Jun 30, 2019, 04:56
El Pit

Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2019, 04:56
Jun 30, 2019, 04:56
 El Pit

So the new Blue Tower is getting erected successfully? Good to read! I hope all goes well but the worst part - the moving itself - obviously went well, so: be happy!
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jun 30, 2019, 01:33
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2019, 01:33
Jun 30, 2019, 01:33
 Cutter

Hey man, that's the best thing about moving. Getting rid of all the crap that's been sitting around for years. Get Zen. If you don't need it...get rid of it. Just get some Chinese food and then talk about getting a puppy.
"What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day." - Phyllis Diller

Jun 30, 2019, 01:31
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2019, 01:31
Jun 30, 2019, 01:31
 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 20:50:
bigspender wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 18:41:
Is Spinach Basically a Steroid? New Research Suggests It Might Be.

8 pounds of spinach a day LOL.... enjoy the oxalate based kidney stones.

Very flawed study. No control group. And went for 10 weeks, a natural lifter cannot to gain any noticeable amount of muscle in 10 weeks. Measurable yes, noticeable no. So when they say that the spinach group gain "significantly more muscle" and not mention the numbers, it's probably like only a few grams difference.

Having read the abstract and sponsors/organisers I think this study is a gimmick to market a new type of sports supplement pill/powder.

Anyway, kale is a way better green vegetable

Aw, I wanted to post:

"Popeye cartoon was scientifically accurate. Who knew?"

Apparently it only affects the forearm however.
"What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day." - Phyllis Diller

Jun 29, 2019, 20:50
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2019, 20:50
Jun 29, 2019, 20:50

bigspender wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 18:41:

Very flawed study. No control group. And went for 10 weeks, a natural lifter cannot to gain any noticeable amount of muscle in 10 weeks. Measurable yes, noticeable no. So when they say that the spinach group gain "significantly more muscle" and not mention the numbers, it's probably like only a few grams difference.

Having read the abstract and sponsors/organisers I think this study is a gimmick to market a new type of sports supplement pill/powder.

Aw, I wanted to post:

"Popeye cartoon was scientifically accurate. Who knew?"
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 29, 2019, 19:38
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2019, 19:38
Jun 29, 2019, 19:38

Boeing outsourcing critical aviation software to India... what could possibly go wrong..

oh wait, 2 planes crashed... entire 737-Max fleet grounded... yeah, that paid off didn't it.....

Jun 29, 2019, 18:41
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2019, 18:41
Jun 29, 2019, 18:41

Jun 29, 2019, 18:01
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2019, 18:01
Jun 29, 2019, 18:01

Just shower & take a casual jog around the block naked, gets you dry & introduces you both to the neighbours.
Um .. Behind you...
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older