Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steam Summer Sale

The Steam Blog announces the Steam Summer Sale featuring the Steam Grand Prix 2019 has begun! Start your engines and read on for details:

Start your engines, everybody… the Steam Summer Sale has begun! For the next 14 days, enjoy great savings on a huge selection of games and join in the Steam Grand Prix 2019 event until July 7th 10AM PDT.

Choose your team from a selection of five fabulous racers: tortoise, hare, cockatiel, pig, and corgi, each with their own unique style of vehicle. Compete with your rival teams to earn points by participating in quests or earning achievements from games in your library. Every day is a new race, and a chance for a new team to win! As a daily reward for burning rubber on the track, contributing racers from teams that come in first, second or third place have a random chance to win a game from your wishlist. For Teams that place in the final, all contributing racers have a chance to win!

In addition to helping your team race to the top of the podium, you can swing by the Grand Prix Pit Stop to exchange tokens you earn for rewards such as emoticons, backgrounds and more at the Grand Prix Pit Stop.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 28, 2019, 16:38 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 19:38:
Can't speak for all the deals, but Dishonored 2 and Prey have been on my wish list for quite some time. Dishonored 2 is $19.99. It had previously been $13. Prey is $14.99. GMG has it for $8.79.
Dishonored 2 has removed denuvo, sadly Prey still uses it.

OT
The best bang for the buck, I've found so far is Sleeping Dogs $2 US. I recall much better deals in past Summer sales, maybe the recession has finally hit.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 28, 2019, 02:29 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 11:12:
VoodooV wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 09:55:
kinda bummed Rimworld isn't on sale

Tynan spent like 5 years on the game and pretty much said his games will never go on sale because they're priced appropriately. It's a fair price for what you get, no regrets here.

Yeah, he said he'll never, ever put it on sale. I got about 100 hours out of it (forget what I paid, $30?), so $0.30 per hour is pretty good bang for the buck.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

40. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 11:12 Verno

VoodooV wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 09:55:

Tynan spent like 5 years on the game and pretty much said his games will never go on sale because they're priced appropriately. It's a fair price for what you get, no regrets here.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 09:55 VoodooV

38. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 09:42 Muscular Beaver

75% of my wish list is games that are "coming soon" and a few EA games that are still unplayable due to bugs and lack of content.
I just bought a few games I wanted to buy ages ago, but never did because I dont have time to play them (again) anyway. Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale and a few small but good ones, like Bad North.
Maybe now I will get around playing them.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 09:39 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 10:31:
I wouldn't pick up Civ 6, it's terrible. I got it for free with my vid card which is the only reason I'm not steamed about it. If I could give it to one of you I gladly would. If you want 4X I'd suggest trying Aggressors: Ancient Rome and/or Jon Shafer's At the Gates both on sale atm. I'm going to try At the Gates myself.

Jurrassic World Evolution is on for $15, is it worth it? A lot of the neg reviews are definitely off-putting.

Other worth its?

Star Control Origins $12?
Vampyr $27?

I was hoping X4 would get below $30 but no joy, bleh.

Jurassic World Evolution is boring as hell. Once you completed the first one or two islands, which takes maybe a few hours, its just the same crap over and over again with just a few new dinosaurs.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 05:16 jdreyer

I wouldn't pick up Civ 6, it's terrible. I got it for free with my vid card which is the only reason I'm not steamed about it. If I could give it to one of you I gladly would. If you want 4X I'd suggest trying Aggressors: Ancient Rome and/or Jon Shafer's At the Gates both on sale atm. I'm going to try At the Gates myself.

Jurrassic World Evolution is on for $15, is it worth it? A lot of the neg reviews are definitely off-putting.

Other worth its?

Star Control Origins $12?
Vampyr $27?

Oh, yeah, At the fucking Gates@!! Totally forgot about that. Thanks Cutter.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 00:06 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 19:00:
EA is already doing it on Origin as a middle man. You get access to a fuckton of 3rd party games via Origin Basic and Origin Premier. EA has obviously signed corresponding deals with the 3rd party publishers.

This, how don't we all know this? So yes it is possible is some manner to have 3rd party's on a sub. Perhaps paid/hour?

34. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 21:29 RedEye9

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 15:10:
WHEN is the inevitable "pay $10/ month" play any Steam game subscription service coming out ??
Maybe not "any" game, but i could see 1 or 2 a month.
Subscription requires 1 year contract. Save $20 bucks if you pay in advance.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

33. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 21:06 PHJF

Soooo one of the only recent games of merit, Sekiro, is... $48.

Steam sales are a joke now.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 19:16 Sepharo

Bodolza wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 14:47:
After burning through Obra Dinn, I'll have to pick up Papers, Please for $5.

Did you 100% it?
I loved that game.
I know he won't, but I'd take a repeat of the mechanics with a new story any day.

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 19:00 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 16:00:
So MS, Sony, EA, Ubisoft etc can all do it, since they own their own games.

[...]

A middle man can't do that.

EA is already doing it on Origin as a middle man. You get access to a fuckton of 3rd party games via Origin Basic and Origin Premier. EA has obviously signed corresponding deals with the 3rd party publishers.

Steam will probably do the same as soon as it becomes more common for subscription services to include huge libraries of 1st and 3rd party titles. Of course, we will never see a sub with access to the entire Steam catalog as you said but I could see subs covering a pretty broad range of games/publishers one day (mostly the mid size and smaller gigs).

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 18:23 Osc8r

Age of wonders 3 is still the best 4X game i've played, i also enjoyed it way more than any recent CIV game. Game also has loot, hero upgrades and items, unit leveling up, dungeons etc.

It also has co-op to boot.

Looking forward to AOE planetfall later this year.

29. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 16:00 Creston

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 15:10:
WHEN is the inevitable "pay $10/ month" play any Steam game subscription service coming out ??

Never. You can only do that and have it be profitable if you own ALL the games in the subscription. Steam does not own all their games, and thus would never be able to do so. They'd have to charge like $99000 a month to pay for all the licensing fees.

So MS, Sony, EA, Ubisoft etc can all do it, since they own their own games. Square Enix does too and will start up a subscription service soon.

A middle man can't do that.

28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 15:10 aka_STEVE

27. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 14:47 Bodolza

After burning through Obra Dinn, I'll have to pick up Papers, Please for $5.  

26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 14:34 dscarron

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 23:38:
Bumpy wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 19:25:
Jeez, Battletech for less than $14. Bought!

Good game, worth 14$ for sure.

Particularly with the RogueTech Mod.

25. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2019, 13:41 Cutter

LiTh wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 13:24:

If you thought Civ6 was trash then X4 is whatever is 10 tiers below that. I'll never buy another egosoft game. It's still in has bugs and features missing that an alpha game would possess.

Yeah but I need a space sim. ED sucks hard IMO. SC? Yeah. Sure. If you have a suggestion for something to fit the bill I'm all ears. One thing I really like about the X games is that the environment itself is really beautiful with plenty of cool looking ships and stations. I don't play it as a management sim trying to build a huge corp. I just try to go space trucker, a bit of combat, and building my own place amongst the stars. Recent reviews on Steam would seem to indicate that now as of 2.50 it's got a lot better all around. Which is why I'd go in at $30 or under but $45 atm? Nah.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2019, 13:24 LiTh

If you thought Civ6 was trash then X4 is whatever is 10 tiers below that. I'll never buy another egosoft game. It's still in has bugs and features missing that an alpha game would possess.

23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 12:14 El Pit

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 11:48:
I think I'll grab Battletech season pass

Which is being sold at 25% off. Still too expensive in my opinion. I will wait another year or two.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo