Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2019, 08:53  RedEye9 

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 02:04:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 15:18:
Beamer wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 14:46:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 14:20:
Man who shared New Zealand mosque shooting video gets 21-month sentence

Although abhorrent behavior, that sounds like a possible First Amendment case, had it happened in the US.

I don't think this is anything you could be charged with in the US. Not criminally. You never know what people would come up with, but pretty sure he'd be fine. Civil issues, perhaps, but not criminal.

Well according to this article, and the SCOTUS, it is 100% not a first amendment issue and they can choose not to carry your content.

Oh, for sure private tech companies can ban you for sharing stuff like this. In NZ though, this guy was charged criminally and sent to prison. That wouldn't happen in the US.
NZ is decades ahead of us.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2019, 02:04  jdreyer 

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 15:18:

Although abhorrent behavior, that sounds like a possible First Amendment case, had it happened in the US.

I don't think this is anything you could be charged with in the US. Not criminally. You never know what people would come up with, but pretty sure he'd be fine. Civil issues, perhaps, but not criminal.

Well according to this article, and the SCOTUS, it is 100% not a first amendment issue and they can choose not to carry your content.

Oh, for sure private tech companies can ban you for sharing stuff like this. In NZ though, this guy was charged criminally and sent to prison. That wouldn't happen in the US.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2019, 15:18 Riahderymnmaddog

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2019, 14:46  Beamer 

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2019, 14:20  jdreyer 

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2019, 14:14  jdreyer 

Maybe we can finally stop hearing this kind of BS:

"You banned my Twitter account because I used the N-word? You violated my First Amendment rights!!1"

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >