Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Hardware Reviews

• ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI-ac on Modders-Inc.
  • Cooler Master MasterBox Q500L Case on Guru3D.
  • [M] Razer BlackWidow Lite Silent Mechanical Keyboard on Mad Shrimps.
  • Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis on TweakTown.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 26, 2019, 22:40 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 19:52:
Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 12:49:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 23:09:
I am looking to upgrade my CPU and mobo to a I9-9900 (Not OC) and ROG STRIX Z390-E. I think my current build is good, but I am noticing less than ideal performance on the CPU side for certain games as relates to 4K60 sustainability. I have no plans to OC. Thoughts?

At 4k/60 you're going to be GPU bound for the most part. If money is no object spend the most amount of money you can on the GPU. After that's done then yeah that CPU is going to be 100% fine, if not overkill. Zen 2 looks really good but Intel is still king for single threaded stuff for the time being.

I have a NVIDIA 2080 Ti 11GB.

Get a 9900k then. You will still probably have to tinker with settings for 4k/60 in some titles though, no CPU/GPU combo will fix bad optimization.

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 26, 2019, 19:52 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 12:49:
I am looking to upgrade my CPU and mobo to a I9-9900 (Not OC) and ROG STRIX Z390-E. I think my current build is good, but I am noticing less than ideal performance on the CPU side for certain games as relates to 4K60 sustainability. I have no plans to OC. Thoughts?

At 4k/60 you're going to be GPU bound for the most part. If money is no object spend the most amount of money you can on the GPU. After that's done then yeah that CPU is going to be 100% fine, if not overkill. Zen 2 looks really good but Intel is still king for single threaded stuff for the time being.

I have a NVIDIA 2080 Ti 11GB.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 26, 2019, 12:49 Verno

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 26, 2019, 11:35 Cutter

Speaking of which, either my CPU or GPU is starting to go, either way I'm way past due for a new rig so I'll be going the AMD route - 3900, and perhaps a R7 card when the AIBs arrive in August.

I'm hung up on a mobo however. Specifically between the Gigabyte - GIGA X570 AORUS XTREME or the GIGA X570 AORUS MASTER. I think you only need the extreme board if you're into VR. That or the ASROCK ASROCK X570 Taichi. They're both good boards but I think I'm liking the Giga one more. I certainly like the heat sinks on their board much better.

There's also the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE. I can probably rule out ASUS but the MSI looks decent.

As for DDR4 do you think we'll actually need to futurproof with 32GB or is 16GB still plenty. Ram's priced pretty good atm so it's not like the extra 16 would break the bank. And any thoughts on brand for DDR4. I've generally used Corsair over the years but I'm open to something else.

My 2 SSDs are only a year old so they don't need replacing. I have a 500GB 7200 SATA HD that I use for storage and games that don't require a lot of overhead. I may replace that however. If I do than I'll swap up to one of them fancy new M2 SSDs.

Lastly case. I'm kinda really liking this one - NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Computer Case Black/Red. This dude gives a great review of it. And his rig is pretty sweet. Other suggestions are welcome.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 26, 2019, 10:46 Cutter

Go new AMD brah!

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 25, 2019, 23:09 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo