Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Interviews

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: In memory of Digital Anvil Jun 22, 2019, 20:40 Kxmode

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Jun 22, 2019, 03:52:
After what MS did to Digital Anvil. No way in hell would I trust them.

Have you seen Flight Simulator 2019? The Last Flight Sim Microsoft released was in 2006 for Steam. FS 2019 is coming to Windows 10 (as an incentive to get people to upgrade to it). Microsoft's support of Windows as a gaming platform ebbs and flows. Right now they appear supportive, so you can trust them in that regard for at least the next year or two. When their new Xbox console comes out, we'll see where we're their loyalties rest.

FS 2019 is in my top list of games to play. It looks breathtaking, and the idea that you can fly the ENTIRE world is just fantastic for exploration nuts like myself.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: In memory of Digital Anvil Jun 22, 2019, 12:33 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Jun 22, 2019, 11:08:

Sure, but that was 19 years ago. How many of the people that did that are still with Microsoft? Of those, how many have any kind of decision making authority in games anymore? The company has had 2 CEOs since. It's gotten into consoles, and released 3 generations of them.

It's almost like refusing to use an American Express card because they once failed to deliver a letter of yours.
stopping all space exploration after the Apollo 1 tragedy

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. Re: In memory of Digital Anvil Jun 22, 2019, 11:08 Beamer

Sure, but that was 19 years ago. How many of the people that did that are still with Microsoft? Of those, how many have any kind of decision making authority in games anymore? The company has had 2 CEOs since. It's gotten into consoles, and released 3 generations of them.

It's almost like refusing to use an American Express card because they once failed to deliver a letter of yours.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. In memory of Digital Anvil Jun 22, 2019, 03:52 WitcherOntheProwl

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo