Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2019, 22:32 Reactor

Kindle finally caught up with Kobo’s ability to adjust colour temp. It’s surprising they’re the ones playing catch-up.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2019, 20:20 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 17:52:
Fion wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 14:00:
And people wonder why Bethesda has such a hard-on for mobile games atm and are focusing solely on them.

They make more than that on release week of one of their flagship games.

True, but it also requires 5x or 10x the resources to make. Also, part of the attraction of mobile games is the long revenue tail due to MTs

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 19, 2019, 20:15 jdreyer

TheBigVlad wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 16:14:
Well that's just depressing. I'll never stop being amazed at how much people spend on loot boxes, particularly on mobile games. If you would have told me 15 years ago that this would become a hugely profitable business model, I would have laughed in your face. I know it's mostly whales but I personally know of one guy who regularly spent $500-$1000 monthly on... Legend of War or whatever game it was, and he's a lower middle class dude.

$1000 per month sounds like a whale to me.

Also, coming soon for Android and iOS: The Elder Scrolls: Campfire.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2019, 18:12 Mordecai Walfish

100m from whatever much smaller amount they invested in making that mobile game is likely the fuel for them releasing other timer-based mobile cash grabs from their franchises, like Blades.

Really a terrible bunch of rubbish modern Bethesda is putting out, besides Id's usually successful sequels.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2019, 17:52 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 14:00:
And people wonder why Bethesda has such a hard-on for mobile games atm and are focusing solely on them.

They make more than that on release week of one of their flagship games.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2019, 16:31 RedEye9

pfft
Candy Crush hit $3.91 billion in lifetime revenues

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Re: Morning Patches Jun 19, 2019, 16:14 TheBigVlad

Well that's just depressing. I'll never stop being amazed at how much people spend on loot boxes, particularly on mobile games. If you would have told me 15 years ago that this would become a hugely profitable business model, I would have laughed in your face. I know it's mostly whales but I personally know of one guy who regularly spent $500-$1000 monthly on... Legend of War or whatever game it was, and he's a lower middle class dude.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2019, 14:00 Fion

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >