Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Metaverse

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Beebo! Jun 23, 2019, 23:40 Ant

Beebo! Oh, not that Beebo.  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 20, 2019, 07:57 TheVocalMinority

KS wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 13:43:
2 deep links required to spot it's fake.

Applying a bit of critical thinking works also.

reminded me of this:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/youve-got-to-be-kidneying/

"How easily we let ourselves be taken in by partisan labels" - Solzhenitsyn

15. Re: Morning Metaverse - 5G Market Jun 20, 2019, 06:35 Jonjonz

The market 5G is going for is the worlds 1%, in places like Dubai, NYC, Beverly Hills, etc. where the same folk who pay fortunes to get in line annually at Everest will automatically sign up for the VIP 5G.  

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

14. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 18:47 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 17:03:
It's kind of sad the article was about the difficulties moderators suffer rather than the videos themselves.

If you'd like to know more you can follow the source links...
And everyone should do this as part of practicing good media hygiene and critical reading.

The original Boing Boing article is about a Verge article (linked as "latest Verge piece")

The Verge article mentions the videos depicting "organ harvesting" links to a source with "It did not."

So the video that all these facebook mods had to watch that supposedly depicted organs being harvested from living children... actually featured a young girl injured during the Syrian civil war... She recovered and is still alive.

It went viral because it feeds into the anti-abortion narrative of harvesting embryos/fetal tissue -> harvesting body parts from babies aborted very late term and are actually alive -> somehow fully grown child (not an embryo/fetus/baby) having her organs harvested while alive.

Filter for for uBlock Origin if you want it
*boingboing.net*

Just in case you want to be 100% sure you will never click on anything on that scummy website ever again.

This is actually one of the most disgusting clickbaiting scum article I have EVER seen in my life linked here.

2 deep links required to spot it's fake. Kudos on you for doing that.

13. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 17:32 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 17:22:
Seriously though, thanks for doing that deep dive exposing the truth.

I just clicked two in-article links.
But you're welcome

12. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 17:22 RedEye9

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 17:03:
It's kind of sad the article was about the difficulties moderators suffer rather than the videos themselves.

And everyone should do this as part of practicing good media hygiene and critical reading.

The original Boing Boing article is about a Verge article (linked as "latest Verge piece")

The Verge article mentions the videos depicting "organ harvesting" links to a source with "It did not."

So the video that all these facebook mods had to watch that supposedly depicted organs being harvested from living children... actually featured a young girl injured during the Syrian civil war... She recovered and is still alive.

It went viral because it feeds into the anti-abortion narrative of harvesting embryos/fetal tissue -> harvesting body parts from babies aborted very late term and are actually alive -> somehow fully grown child (not an embryo/fetus/baby) having her organs harvested while alive.
how dare you spoil our fear mongering
someone needs to have a serious conversation with this sites curator who is currently out with a bad back

Sepharo, i elect you as the new curator in chief. Let it be known that the job is 24/7 complete w/zero compensation.

Seriously though, thanks for doing that deep dive exposing the truth.

“If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.”
- Stephen Hawking

11. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 17:03 Sepharo

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2019, 14:32 jdreyer

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 13:44:
Always cracks me up when the 5G bigots get going. You need to be within 1000 ft of a 5G access point to get decent quality wireless and that even starts degrading within 500 ft of the access point. That means that initial deployment will be in concentrated areas of users. If you live in the suburbs it will be a long time coming. The ISPs are going to charge handily for this service too, especially when you exceed your account limit.

All in all, it is not going to be as big a thing for quite a while yet, it is going to be quite expensive for the installation of all those access points

Never mind the part where you can block the 5G signal with your hand. Also, I'd say that even a suburban rollout will be a while. Unless you live downtown in a city, you're gonna be waiting a while.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 14:30 jdreyer

Gojo wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 10:45:
What. The. Fuck.
I've been on the interwebs since the early 90's and have seen all kinds of depravity. Goatse, tub girl, 2 girls 1 cup, and even the infrequent foray to liveleak. I know there's worse stuff out there, but this... holy shit! Just reading this is going to mess with me for years when I'm drifting off to sleep. Yeesh.

That job is horrific, never mind the people who make such videos themselves. At some point, we'll have AI that will filter stuff like this, so the human toll will be less. It'll be a while though: how to tell a proper video of organ harvesting from a brain-dead donor, vs a living child having organs harvested without anesthesia.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

8. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 14:26 jdreyer

theglaze wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 11:30:
What. The. Fuck.
I've been on the interwebs since the early 90's and have seen all kinds of depravity. Goatse, tub girl, 2 girls 1 cup, and even the infrequent foray to liveleak. I know there's worse stuff out there, but this... holy shit! Just reading this is going to mess with me for years when I'm drifting off to sleep. Yeesh.

I'll quote the only lines someone actually needs to read from this article:

Delete it.

Delete Facebook now.

Thing is, any platform that allows user uploaded content can be used in this way: Youtube, Twitter, etc.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2019, 13:44 Ozmodan

Always cracks me up when the 5G bigots get going. You need to be within 1000 ft of a 5G access point to get decent quality wireless and that even starts degrading within 500 ft of the access point. That means that initial deployment will be in concentrated areas of users. If you live in the suburbs it will be a long time coming. The ISPs are going to charge handily for this service too, especially when you exceed your account limit.

All in all, it is not going to be as big a thing for quite a while yet, it is going to be quite expensive for the installation of all those access points

6. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 13:43 KS

What. The. Fuck.

Delete it.

Delete Facebook now.

Anyway facebook disappearing won't solve the problem as all major web sites will suffer the same fate. Once a video is in the system, the computers can handle additional uploads, but they have to be classified by a human the first time.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2019, 12:20 RedEye9

"I'll give you my Like Button when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

“If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.”
- Stephen Hawking

4. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 11:54 Luke

What. The. Fuck.

Delete it.

Delete Facebook now.

AAA+ amen to that

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2019, 11:35 RedEye9

Just like you'd turn vegetarian if you ever saw a pig farm, you never want to know how your organs are harvested.  

- Stephen Hawking

2. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 11:30 theglaze

What. The. Fuck.

Delete it.

Delete Facebook now.

1. Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 10:45 Gojo

What. The. Fuck.

=-Gojo-=

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo