Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now available for Windows on GOG.com and Steam, offering a Windows side-scrolling action/RPG from Koji Igarashi (Iga), father of the Igavania genre. Versions are also out now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with a Switch edition expected next week. This project raised over $5.5 million on Kickstarter, breaking Pillars of Eternity's Kickstarter funding record for a game project. A new Launch Trailer accompanies the release, offering word from Iga in Japanese, but with English subtitles. Here's word on the game:
Conceived by the legendary Koji Igarashi, the renowned godfather of the beloved Igavania genre, and featuring music by Mirichu Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a modern, side-scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy long-time fans of Iga’s previous work, as well as entice players new to his legacy. Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side-scrolling environment that evolves as players progress through the biggest game map of his career, giving them more to explore and enjoy.

Set in 18th century England, where a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power, players of Bloodstained take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body, enabling her to use spells, weapons, special items and abilities to tailor the game to their playstyle. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 19, 2019, 11:32 CthulhuFan

Darks wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 19:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:00:
Man this looks fucking ridiculous. To each their own though. Good that you guys have fun.

I know right! I cant understand how shit like this gets funded. its like kids from the 80's have invaded our timeline.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Sadly, my budget is blown so I'll have to wait until next month to buy it but I can't wait.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 18, 2019, 22:16 Scottish Martial Arts

Darks wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 19:30:

I know right! I cant understand how shit like this gets funded. its like kids from the 80's have invaded our timeline.

For the same reason any crowd-funded game project by a legendary game director gets funded: people want a spiritual follow up to something they love.

I haven't played this yet -- and admittedly the trailer does make it seem ridiculous -- but it is uncontroversial to say that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is one of the best games ever made, and that SOTN's Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS follow-ups were generally very good, so on the strength of that pedigree this is probably at least worth a look. Likewise, the stand alone prologue to this game, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, was an outstanding homage to Castlevania III and 8-bit NES action platformers in general.

Again, I haven't yet played this, but trailer not withstanding there's every reason to think this will be very good and worth picking up.

4. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 18, 2019, 19:30 Darks

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:00:
Man this looks fucking ridiculous. To each their own though. Good that you guys have fun.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 18, 2019, 16:00 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 18, 2019, 11:31 LurkerLito

I like it so far. If you played Castlevania SOTN, this game seriously feels just like it to me.  

1. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 18, 2019, 10:59 eRe4s3r

Wohoo It was the last game I backed (Star Citizen aside) and I hope it deserved my support... downloading ^^  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >