Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Interviews

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2019, 10:30 Verno

SMITE wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 04:53:
I can't answer for Cutter, but I'm pretty far left and I find a TON of shit about Polygon offensive. Like this for instance:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/23/18015434/gog-twitter-wontbeerased-hashtag

This article is about a "transphobic" comment GOG tweeted.

Transphobic, you say? Gosh, that sounds pretty hateful. Wonder what "transphobic" thing GOG tweeted?

Are you ready? Are you ready for the hateful thing they said? (Trigger warning for sensitive readers: you might not want to read past this point).

GOG tweeted:

“Classic PC Games #WontBeErased on our watch. Yeah, how’s that for some use of hashtags.”

In other words, they took a twitter hashtag that was being used to criticize some Trump administration policies against trans people, and used it to describe their own attempts to keep classic games around.

There's no fucking hate or fear in that tweet, period.

The fact that Polygon is routinely willing to accuse others of being phobic or hateful when they clearly doing no such thing, is reason enough to avoid reading anything in Polygon.

I just don't find them breaking a lot of original news so I don't really read them very often. Much of what they post is regurgitated elsewhere or its weirdo op-ed pieces that seem like they're trying way too hard to tie political/social commentary into situations. I still haven't forgiven them for employing the insufferable Arthur Gies at one point too. At least he's temporarily gone from the industry to pursue "MY ART!" bwuahahha.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 15, 2019, 14:37 Sepharo

People confuse reporting with taking a stance all the time.
Just recently I saw a friend make an impassioned post about "CNN is calling for a BAN on <thing I care about>!!" and was urging everyone to boycott CNN over it. So I hunt down the article and of course it's actually CNN reporting on a group calling for a ban, and even reporting the other side as well... CNN taking no side or even tinging the story in the slightest. People just suck at critical reading I guess.

20. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 15, 2019, 09:07 Beamer

Yes, that article is about a Twitter fight and appears to pass no judgment.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 15, 2019, 04:53 SMITE

Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 14:42:
Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 14:34:
Is there any other liberal rag worse than Polygon? Jesus, their bullshit is physically nauseating.

What line in the article did you find so offensive?

I can't answer for Cutter, but I'm pretty far left and I find a TON of shit about Polygon offensive. Like this for instance:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/23/18015434/gog-twitter-wontbeerased-hashtag

This article is about a "transphobic" comment GOG tweeted.

Transphobic, you say? Gosh, that sounds pretty hateful. Wonder what "transphobic" thing GOG tweeted?

Are you ready? Are you ready for the hateful thing they said? (Trigger warning for sensitive readers: you might not want to read past this point).

GOG tweeted:

“Classic PC Games #WontBeErased on our watch. Yeah, how’s that for some use of hashtags.”

In other words, they took a twitter hashtag that was being used to criticize some Trump administration policies against trans people, and used it to describe their own attempts to keep classic games around.

There's no fucking hate or fear in that tweet, period.

The fact that Polygon is routinely willing to accuse others of being phobic or hateful when they clearly doing no such thing, is reason enough to avoid reading anything in Polygon.

18. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 14, 2019, 23:19 Sepharo

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 13:35:
no surprise since being a boozaholic
[...]
He used to be a decent actor before the liquids took over.

I'm not much of a Keanu fan, but where are you getting this from?

I just came back from doing some searches and I can't find anything about him being into alcohol. There's stuff about doing drugs when he was much younger, pre-Matrix days, and how he still enthusiastically supports that sort of mind-expanding experience... but nothing about alcohol except one mention about him being more apt to smoke a joint than take a drink, which really paints the opposite picture from the one you said.

17. removed Jun 13, 2019, 18:08 Dirwulf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 13, 2019, 18:31.

16. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 14:42 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 14:34:
Is there any other liberal rag worse than Polygon? Jesus, their bullshit is physically nauseating.

What line in the article did you find so offensive?

-------------

15. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 14:34 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

14. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 13:57 Tipsy McStagger

As a mostly has-been who is WAY past his prime he can't be much of a chooser.

I got nothing against Reeves by the way. He used to be a decent actor before the liquids took over. It always hurts a little to see these "broken" guys you admired back in the 90s. I feel kinda sorry for him and wish him all the best.

You haven't been paying attention to 2019 KeanuHave you?

John Wick are some of the best action movies in the last 30 years.

Dudes had a rough go of life it seems, lots of fucked up things happened but he's still putting out quality entertainment. "Has-Been" doesn't make sense with his career right now.

13. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 13:50 Riahderymnmaddog

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 12:38:
Also, what makes you think Keanu wasn't super excited to do a Cyberpunk game and for cheap?

Have you seen his E3 "performance"? It was clear as day that video games aren't his territory at all (no surprise since being a boozaholic is not good for los reflexos).

He said literally in a pretty monotonous, non-enthusiastic tone while reading some of it off a screen going by his stare when he said the key words related to the game which he was obviously supposed to mention... "the guys from CD Projekt Red approached me and asked me to be a part of their new project. Cyberpunk 2077. They were going on and on about how they create this vast, open world with a branching story line, how you'd be able to customize your character through the in-game choices... and it's not something I knew before but I was excited by... and I'm always drawn to fascinating stories...

If you look at his performance it is almost hard to imagine how it could have been less enthusiastic. He said his piece like a paid pro and exited the stage. The work on Cyberpunk 2077 was a job he got paid for. As a mostly has-been who is WAY past his prime he can't be much of a chooser.

I got nothing against Reeves by the way. He used to be a decent actor before the liquids took over. It always hurts a little to see these "broken" guys you admired back in the 90s. I feel kinda sorry for him and wish him all the best.

As for his inclusion in the game, I feel it is unnecessary and pretentious by CD Projekt. As much as I like their games, I could very much do without their loudmouth, pretentious marketing bullshit. They are the kings of overhyping. It actually turns me off more than attracting me to their games since I don't really want to buy a game from a bunch of doucheclowns.
Oh well... I won't be getting the game before the GOTY anyway so most of the retarded hype will be forgotten by then.

Maybe he was in character for his new movie that is being filmed... Bill and Teds 3, Also he was in Johnny Memonic.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 13:35 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 12:38:
Also, what makes you think Keanu wasn't super excited to do a Cyberpunk game and for cheap?

Have you seen his E3 "performance"? It was clear as day that video games aren't his territory at all (no surprise since being a boozaholic is not good for los reflexos).

He said literally in a pretty monotonous, non-enthusiastic tone while reading some of it off a screen going by his stare when he said the key words related to the game which he was obviously supposed to mention... "the guys from CD Projekt Red approached me and asked me to be a part of their new project. Cyberpunk 2077. They were going on and on about how they create this vast, open world with a branching story line, how you'd be able to customize your character through the in-game choices... and it's not something I knew before but I was excited by... and I'm always drawn to fascinating stories...

If you look at his performance it is almost hard to imagine how it could have been less enthusiastic. He said his piece like a paid pro and exited the stage. The work on Cyberpunk 2077 was a job he got paid for. As a mostly has-been who is WAY past his prime he can't be much of a chooser.

As for his inclusion in the game, I feel it is unnecessary and pretentious by CD Projekt. As much as I like their games, I could very much do without their loudmouth, pretentious marketing bullshit. They are the kings of overhyping. It actually turns me off more than attracting me to their games since I don't really want to buy a game from a bunch of doucheclowns.
Oh well... I won't be getting the game before the GOTY anyway so most of the retarded hype will be forgotten by then.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 12:38 Tipsy McStagger

Also, what makes you think Keanu wasn't super excited to do a Cyberpunk game and for cheap? Have you seen his John Wick training? He dedicates himself to a role and if they asked him early enough we're going to get some seriously good story.

I actually can't think of a better actor to have cast for the cyberpunk genre.

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:58 Simon Says

According to an interview with CDPR, when they wrote the Johnny Silverhand character, they did it with Keanu in mind from the start. Those usually end up going pretty well, be it in games, movies or series.

Also, Johnny is one of 3 choices you get when creating your character, something about allegiances, so safe bet to say you'll be seeing him throughout the whole game if you do choose him.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2019, 15:33.

9. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:52 Beamer

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 11:45:
Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 11:36:
Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 11:27:
Yeah I find most celebrity cameos jarring and weird. I don't want to be thinking about Neo/Ted/Klaatu/whatever as my sidekick, I just want some random character. Way easier to get immersed without 4th wall nonsense.

I agree that it's jarring. But since they probably got Keanu for a week of work, tops, I'm guessing he has a presence in the tutorial mission and is offed pretty quickly.
"Reeves will be playing Johnny Silverhand - ... who CDPR says is "one of the key characters" in Cyberpunk 2077."
Reeves essentially lives in your brain and follows you throughout your time in Cyberpunk 2077.

Sounds like he's there for the long haul.

Just like Samuel L in Deep Blue Sea! Or Sean Bean in GOT!
I'll believe it when I see it, haha.

-------------

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:45 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 11:36:
Yeah I find most celebrity cameos jarring and weird. I don't want to be thinking about Neo/Ted/Klaatu/whatever as my sidekick, I just want some random character. Way easier to get immersed without 4th wall nonsense.

I agree that it's jarring. But since they probably got Keanu for a week of work, tops, I'm guessing he has a presence in the tutorial mission and is offed pretty quickly.
"Reeves will be playing Johnny Silverhand - ... who CDPR says is "one of the key characters" in Cyberpunk 2077."
Reeves essentially lives in your brain and follows you throughout your time in Cyberpunk 2077.

Sounds like he's there for the long haul.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:37 RedEye9

Agreed.
In all seriousness there are bazillions of no name actors and actresses who could have easily filled the role of sidekick. It's not like the Marvel's Avengers game was a first.

Personally I'd pick The Rock or that deadpool guy, if you're gonna break walls break-em bigly. /s

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2019, 12:00.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

6. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:36 Beamer

-------------

5. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:27 Verno

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

4. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 11:26 Xero

The more I think about it from articles, the more I think I'm not happy about having a celebrity in the game. Keanu seems like a cool dude but I honestly could not care whether he was in the game or not. I think history shows that most games involving celebrities aren't always the best with some exceptions.

Of course I'm expecting Cyberpunk to awesome regardless because of the team involved but thus far I've been hearing the combat is kind of lack luster and the driving sucks. If the core gameplay fails to be good, it only has it's story to fall back on which I'm hoping more than makes up for lack luster gameplay.

Going in with lower expectations to hopefully not be disappointed.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 10:48 SirKnight

It's too bad that Doom Eternal won't have traditional MP modes. It sounds like id thinks that Doom 2016's "traditional" modes didn't go over well, so therefore they won't have them. No, Doom 2016 did not have traditional MP modes, it was Call of Dooty. That's why people hated it. If the MP would have been like classic id games where there are NO loadouts, weapons are scattered throughout the map and the gameplay is fast and twitchy, it would have gone over MUCH better. After playing Quake Champions, I was like "now THIS is more like what Doom's MP should have been!"

The MP in Eternal sounds interesting, but I don't see it lasting much longer. Luckily I care way more about SP anyway.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo