Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Today is the final day of E3 2019, though the trend of front-loading this with announcements has increased to the point where the news from the show was already a trickle by yesterday. According to the old song it never rains in southern California, but this area is a stormy mess right now, so best of luck to those leaving the show who are flying into the northeast. It might be better to stay an extra day and hit Disneyland.

Well-Traveled Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: The Matrix Reloaded is impossible to see as it was meant to be seen.
Stories: NASA Engineers Try To Remedy Stuck Probe On Mars. Thanks RedEye9.
Tesla Is Working on a James Bond-Style Submarine Car. And a Blofeld-style underground base? Thanks Slashdot.
At a Chinese cemetery, scientists discover some of the oldest evidence of pot smoking.
Science: New study dramatically narrows the search for advanced life in the universe. Thanks Max.
How modern life is transforming the human skeleton. Thanks Digg.
Images: Tormund and Gendry play video games while filming the Battle of Winterfell.
Media: PURGE OF KINGDOMS - Official Trailer.
Teens Try Using a 90s Camcorder - Technical Difficulties (New Show).
Meeting a Wormlion Is the Pits. Itty-bitty Sarlacc.
Follow-up: Chernobyl documentary footage vs. scenes from the show.
Everest through the eyes of a Sherpa: 'Climbers need to wake up’. Thanks RedEye9.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2019, 17:33 RedEye9

Jivaro wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 17:18:
She leaves in time to write a book and have it ready for the elections. Trump gets past impeachment and wins, she wins. Trump gets impeached and/or loses the next election, she still wins.

I can't stand her but this was a smart move for her. If I were her I would be looking to cash in now as well. The sooner the better.
Title "2 Years of He'll" subtitled "You Can't Trowel On Enough Makeup To Make This Pig Pretty."

“If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.”
- Stephen Hawking
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2019, 17:18 Jivaro

She leaves in time to write a book and have it ready for the elections. Trump gets past impeachment and wins, she wins. Trump gets impeached and/or loses the next election, she still wins.

I can't stand her but this was a smart move for her. If I were her I would be looking to cash in now as well. The sooner the better.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2019, 08:31 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 17:38:
Sarah Sanders is out!

The Huckabeast has been slain?!

2 gets you 7 that there will be even fewer press "briefings" now.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2019, 03:13 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 18:35:
Blue wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 15:54:
Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 14:44:
I was pissed no new TES announcement. Hines seems to be doing his best to make sure it doesn't happen at all. Methinks it's way past time to get rid of him. The fact that he'd prioritize FO76 and all the other crap they're doing over a new TES shows he's the wrong man for the job.

Being mad at the head of marketing for a company's decisions is literally blaming the messenger.

He's VP of global marketing and communications. He has considerable input on what goes on when and where. What's more he's always been something of a condescending prick to gamers. I seriously doubt he cares for gaming at all. I think he likes the attention and the money and that's it. If he had his finger on the pulse he'd have been pushing for a new TES since Skyrim came out. And in the recent interviews the only thing he'd say is no one better hold their breath waiting for a new TES. They should go play TESO instead. That's someone who clearly doesn't get it. And if he doesn't get it than what the hell is doing in the job to begin with?

It's like putting a basketball coach in charge of a classical music radio station when he doesn't know the first thing about classical music or even likes it.

What Bethesda wants with TESO and FO76 is that sweet, sweet SaaS ca$h. That's why they've slowed down production on the stand alone SP games like the new Elder Scrolls.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 23:39 Kxmode

There's nothing new under the sun. Complaining about politicians has been a pastime since the beginning.

Wise Solomon once penned, "All of this I have seen ... that man has dominated man to his harm." (Ecclesiastes 8:9) Who better than a king to make that point? At least he was wise enough to state it.

Humans have NEVER had a successful way of government because humans cannot rule another human; much less a nation of people. It's not in our DNA. People would understand this basic truth and others like it if they paid more attention to the Instruction Manual for humanity.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 21:56 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 17:38:
Sarah Sanders is out!

not that she did anything anyway. she was almost literally the Mouth of Sauron - shamelessly spewing his lies to the point where no one bothered to believe her anymore. after that she didn't even bother to do the 'daily' press briefings anymore. i think in the last couple months she averaged one a month. i'll be surprised if the liar in chief even bothers to replace her.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 18:35 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 15:54:
I was pissed no new TES announcement. Hines seems to be doing his best to make sure it doesn't happen at all. Methinks it's way past time to get rid of him. The fact that he'd prioritize FO76 and all the other crap they're doing over a new TES shows he's the wrong man for the job.

Being mad at the head of marketing for a company's decisions is literally blaming the messenger.

He's VP of global marketing and communications. He has considerable input on what goes on when and where. What's more he's always been something of a condescending prick to gamers. I seriously doubt he cares for gaming at all. I think he likes the attention and the money and that's it. If he had his finger on the pulse he'd have been pushing for a new TES since Skyrim came out. And in the recent interviews the only thing he'd say is no one better hold their breath waiting for a new TES. They should go play TESO instead. That's someone who clearly doesn't get it. And if he doesn't get it than what the hell is doing in the job to begin with?

It's like putting a basketball coach in charge of a classical music radio station when he doesn't know the first thing about classical music or even likes it.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 17:38 RedEye9

Sarah Sanders is out!

“If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.”
- Stephen Hawking

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 17:03 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 16:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 16:04:
Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 10:42:
I'm really peeved that there has been no good information about Baldur's Gate 3 released. Not one video of game play, nothing about how combat is going to be handled. if its real time or tuned based. Which I hope its not.

But still, very disappointed in Larian for not releasing anything about the game.

This is where I really get worried about WOTC and how they handled information. They did this to Nspace with Sword Coast Legends, the lack of information that was released on that game left many upset and worried about what the game would really be like and part of what killed that game when it did finally release because of the tool set in general.

It's probably just not in a displayable state yet. Else they're going to time the info dump when they're not competing with 100 other games.

Yea, but this is a game that could have stolen the show. There hasn't been anything announced this year that was anything spectacular. BG3 could have been that game.
For some people, but do you think the general population is going to get super stoked about a three quarters perspective party based RPG?

If the Avengers game had gotten the likenesses and voices of the MCU cast, that would have been a show stealer. Cyberpunk came closest, imo

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 16:41 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 16:04:
I'm really peeved that there has been no good information about Baldur's Gate 3 released. Not one video of game play, nothing about how combat is going to be handled. if its real time or tuned based. Which I hope its not.

But still, very disappointed in Larian for not releasing anything about the game.

This is where I really get worried about WOTC and how they handled information. They did this to Nspace with Sword Coast Legends, the lack of information that was released on that game left many upset and worried about what the game would really be like and part of what killed that game when it did finally release because of the tool set in general.

It's probably just not in a displayable state yet. Else they're going to time the info dump when they're not competing with 100 other games.

Yea, but this is a game that could have stolen the show. There hasn't been anything announced this year that was anything spectacular. BG3 could have been that game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 16:04 jdreyer

10. Re: 'why it's *almost* impossible to see the Matrix...' Jun 13, 2019, 15:58 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 11:36:
I was one of those teenagers, like the author, who watched the Animatrix and played Enter the Matrix along with the sequel films and thought the whole thing was pretty fucking amazing.

Yeah, I watched the Amimatrix before watching the sequels, and really enjoyed it. The backstory definitely added to the film. Never did play Enter the Matrix though.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 15:54  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 15:23 Darks

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 14:53:
Climbers aren't the problem greedy government is. They don't care if people live or die up there so long as they make bank.

Overtourism is a major problem now and it's only getting worse. I think pretty soon they'll have to have lotteries only allowing a certain amount of people to visit overtouristed places (e.g. Venice). That's the only way to save these places and make it sane, and fair.

I wanted to head over Europe this fall, but from everything I'm gathering that's not even shoulder season anymore. Not as bad as summer but still only marginally better. I'd rather do fall than going into winter.

However seeing Europe at Xmas would be kind of cool. And I will be working my way south to warmer climes - going from Poland and German into Italy and the south of France. And I may actually just fuckoff to North Africa (Tangiers, Morocco, et al. make my way to Egypt then Israel then head on over to India for a month.

Anyone done Europe in shoulder/off season - or for the people who live there would you think that's a better time to come anyway?

Did you know that Europe is now driving tourist away? They are tired of the over crowding. That is the state of the world now.

I like to go places and all, but its gotten so bad, that you really have to try and plan a trip in the most off seasonal time just so you can get some kind of enjoyment out of it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 14:53 Cutter

Climbers aren't the problem greedy government is. They don't care if people live or die up there so long as they make bank.

Overtourism is a major problem now and it's only getting worse. I think pretty soon they'll have to have lotteries only allowing a certain amount of people to visit overtouristed places (e.g. Venice). That's the only way to save these places and make it sane, and fair.

I wanted to head over Europe this fall, but from everything I'm gathering that's not even shoulder season anymore. Not as bad as summer but still only marginally better. I'd rather do fall than going into winter.

However seeing Europe at Xmas would be kind of cool. And I will be working my way south to warmer climes - going from Poland and German into Italy and the south of France. And I may actually just fuckoff to North Africa (Tangiers, Morocco, et al. make my way to Egypt then Israel then head on over to India for a month.

Anyone done Europe in shoulder/off season - or for the people who live there would you think that's a better time to come anyway?

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 14:44 Cutter

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 13:17 RedEye9

Trevor Noah Rides a Pain Rollercoaster While Eating Spicy Wings
nails it

- Stephen Hawking

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 12:46 Verno

I know Musk is a weirdo but I don't think he was being too serious about the submarine car. The video of the discussion seems more light hearted and he basically said it would be fun to make one as a show car sometime.  

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

3. 'why it's *almost* impossible to see the Matrix...' Jun 13, 2019, 11:36 jacobvandy

I was one of those teenagers, like the author, who watched the Animatrix and played Enter the Matrix along with the sequel films and thought the whole thing was pretty fucking amazing.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 10:56 RedEye9

Chernobyl needed more elephant foot.

- Stephen Hawking

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo