Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Metaverse

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

64. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 16, 2019, 21:30 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2019, 21:21:

What did Nicklepop say that he's defending so vociferously? Can you paraphrase?
Blues response

“If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.”
- Stephen Hawking
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 16, 2019, 21:21 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 12:11:
NicklePop wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 11:02:
Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 09:31:
I pretty much tune out anyone who says "hegemony" at this point in my life. It works wonders. The fact that you remain unbanned is a testament to the frankly ridiculous tolerance here. Count yourself lucky, on any other forum I frequent you would be already be turfed.

Hegemony is the history of mankind. Human institutions become increasingly obtuse pyramid structures over time.

You can "tune out" the historical record, and the internal validation of this plain fact, your call!

The way towards tolerance is intolerance eh? The way towards increasing knowledge is to block an exchange of ideas?

Fantastic comment, I genuinely chuckled.

Yes, the way to tolerance begins with being intolerant of intolerance.

Two negatives make a positive!

What did Nicklepop say that he's defending so vociferously? Can you paraphrase?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

62. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 15:01 Sepharo

NicklePop wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 12:59:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 12:53:
We get it, you have a problem with homosexuals.
You know your posts in this thread aren't your only posts right?

Trying to paint yourself as enlightened and having a philosophical debate won't work when your history is full of written bile revealing your true self.

Like the Romans who experienced the effects of the breakdown in the pleasure-self-control matrix, leading to the Lex Julia laws of Augustus, the social schema changes when the "pleasure seeking dial" is turned to maximum. Homosexuality/transgenderism is the end attribute of these periods. See the Greeks for another example.

You're committing the ad hominem fallacy by detracting a legitimate point based on evidence, philosophy, and everyone's internal knowledge of the pleasure-self-control matrix into a character argument.

Will anyone be able to address the point a post above? Probably not, because if you confront it, you'll realize by your own standard you are a bigot ...

In many of your others posts you seem adamantly against increasing government control and regulation and yet you champion an executive order that financially punishes celibacy and regulates marriage along class lines.

61. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 14:20 Beamer

You literally are inconsistent logic.

And, given your stance of "logic and reason" for your homophobia, I can only assume you got poor grades, went to a bad school, and now feel underemployed. That you thought you were smarter than everyone despite a C average. Seems only people like that use "logic and reason" to explain their poorly constructed arguments.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

60. removed Jun 14, 2019, 13:09 NicklePop

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2019, 15:07.

59. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 13:06 RedEye9

Ah, the old playground "I'm Rubber You're Glue" school of debate.

Took awhile to get here but there was never any doubt where it was headed. There's only one thing left to do. Popcorn

edit
Or is it "I know you are but what am I". Yeah "I know you are but what am I" is definitely closer to this debate style.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2019, 14:21.

“If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.”
- Stephen Hawking

58. removed Jun 14, 2019, 12:59 NicklePop

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2019, 15:07.

57. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 12:53 Sepharo

We get it, you have a problem with homosexuals.
You know your posts in this thread aren't your only posts right?

Trying to paint yourself as enlightened and having a philosophical debate won't work when your history is full of written bile revealing your true self.

56. removed Jun 14, 2019, 12:38 NicklePop

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2019, 15:06.

55. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 12:27 Beamer

NicklePop wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 12:14:

"The paradox of tolerance"

And what happens when my intolerance-tolerance and your intolerance-tolerance matrix differs?

The one with the "biggest gun" wins? Does it end with name-calling and silencing the other side, or do you go farther with your intolerance into violence?

When the pendulum swings back, as Rome demonstrated the inevitability of, I hope that the other side is tolerant of your intolerance, and allows the discussion to happen.

You have routinely been comparing incest and pedophilia with homosexuality. You don't get a vote here, because you're the one that's wrong. Much like someone that is angry at interracial marriage.

You need to realize you're outright wrong, offensive, stupid, and terrible here. But you won't. You think every opinion is equally valid. That's an invalid opinion itself. Your opinions are bad and make you a bad person. You can change, but you do not want to change, because for some reason, being a good person is politically incorrect to you.

Being an asshole is what you feel entitled to, and you can be, but just know, people will treat you like an asshole when you act like an asshole. I'm actually in a meeting with Twitch right now, as I type this, and they spelled out very clearly how they consider their space an asshole-free one, because no one wants to be around assholes and communities that cater to assholes die.

Either stop being an asshole, or accept that being an asshole makes you unlikable, makes people avoid you, and limits your opportunities in every aspect of life. What's nice, though, is that a homosexual can't choose to not be homosexual, but you can choose to not be an asshole. Be your best you, not your most asshole you.

-------------

54. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 12:26 RedEye9

NicklePop wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 12:08:
Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 11:19:
The way towards tolerance involves not being a douchebag on public forums, let me know if there are any other obvious life lessons I can lend a hand with Hug
I'm a bigot, an idiot, should be silenced,... and a douchebag
snipped for clarity
Glad to see you are self aware.

- Stephen Hawking

53. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 12:14 NicklePop

"The paradox of tolerance"

And what happens when my intolerance-tolerance and your intolerance-tolerance matrix differs?

The one with the "biggest gun" wins? Does it end with name-calling and silencing the other side, or do you go farther with your intolerance into violence?

When the pendulum swings back, as Rome demonstrated the inevitability of, I hope that the other side is tolerant of your intolerance, and allows the discussion to happen.

52. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 12:11 Beamer

NicklePop wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 11:02:
I pretty much tune out anyone who says "hegemony" at this point in my life. It works wonders. The fact that you remain unbanned is a testament to the frankly ridiculous tolerance here. Count yourself lucky, on any other forum I frequent you would be already be turfed.

Hegemony is the history of mankind. Human institutions become increasingly obtuse pyramid structures over time.

You can "tune out" the historical record, and the internal validation of this plain fact, your call!

The way towards tolerance is intolerance eh? The way towards increasing knowledge is to block an exchange of ideas?

-------------

51. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 12:08 NicklePop

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 11:19:
The way towards tolerance involves not being a douchebag on public forums, let me know if there are any other obvious life lessons I can lend a hand with Hug

Interesting.

I'm a bigot, an idiot, should be silenced,... and a douchebag, because I asked a perfectly reasonable question about where the line between "I disagree with this human activity" and "bigot" lies.

Suddenly Socrates commentaries makes more sense.

A brave new world, where "hegemon" doesn't exist, pursuing logic / reason are despised because it makes us uncomfortable, and the solution is to silence, name call, and refuse to provide rationale.

"tolerance"

Maybe the solution is to empower a global digital .. pyramid shaped (I won't use the H word) .. power structure which determines "what we are allowed to talk about" is a good idea; Russia in the 50s had it right all along!

50. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 11:19 Verno

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

49. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 11:02 NicklePop

48. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 09:31 Verno

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

47. Re: removed Jun 13, 2019, 22:32 NicklePop

It's fine to delete it.

But it was a legitimate argument (the idea that 'rejecting human activity A, B or C != bigotry')

Your site, your rules!

The new public square being owned by the digital global hegemon should be required to support the 1st amendment in the US though (China can censor as it pleases, smaller sites like this, etc), because the alternative is a mono-opinion in the public square, which has taken upon itself to point and demonize ("bigots and nazis everywhere!!"), which never ends well.

Bad / evil opinions are naturally weeded out or marginalized by the free market of ideas, not censorship.

Deleting my legitimate arguments is just a preview of what will come.

A control grid, which will inevitably turn on all dissent of its hegemony. I'm shocked that this isn't plainly obvious frankly.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2019, 22:43.

46. removed Jun 13, 2019, 21:42 NicklePop

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 13, 2019, 22:26.

45. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 13, 2019, 21:35 Beamer

NicklePop wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 21:06:
To support freedom of speech, I joined the crowder mug club, and dont even watch those type of daily show esque comedy shows.

Freedom of expression and thought is paramount to the US system.

If we cede the public square to global digital hegemonic corporations, it's over.

Tienneman. USSR. Etc.

Speaking of which, it is an express tactic of the "non-democratic" systems to decry "bigot" against the perceived enemies of the hegemon..

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

^ what happened to this idea? People's "sexual orientation" supersede it eh? Not going to end well!

So, you're buying merch from a bigot because being a bigot is something you support. Literally support with dollars. Great.

Also, no one is stopping him from being a hateful bigot. His freedom of speech is intact. So intact he's making money off of idiots that will give him money to support his bigotry, yet weirdly deny being bigots themselves.

-------------

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo