Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Wasteland 3 Next Year

The E3 trailer for Wasteland 3 is now online, offering the latest look at inXile's upcoming Wasteland sequel. The accompanying announcement adds a release window, saying we should expect the crowdfunded post-apocalyptic RPG in spring of 2020. Here's the news:

inXile Entertainment, the studio led by Interplay founder and Wasteland co-creator Brian Fargo and Deep Silver are pleased to announce that Wasteland 3 will be arriving in Spring 2020 on Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation 4, Windows, Mac, and Linux. The legendary series, which pioneered the post-apocalypse genre in video games, returns players to the role of Desert Rangers, lawmen in a post-nuclear world working to rebuild civilization from the ashes. Trading the dry, dusty heat of the American south-west for a perpetually frozen Colorado, Wasteland 3 features a number of chilling new locations where the Rangers receive an even frostier reception from the locals.

In addition to narrative choices and consequences, and the tactical turn-based combat that the series is known for, Wasteland 3 delivers brand new features, including a dynamic conversation system that highlights the weird and wild denizens of the Colorado Wasteland, an upgradable player vehicle, and the ability to play through the storyline cooperatively with a friend online. Today’s trailer provides a small look at the big things in store for Wasteland fans.

According to inXile CEO Brian Fargo, “Wasteland 3 is a passion project for inXile and especially me. I directed the first Wasteland in 1988 and its sequel was one of the original great crowdfunding successes, and it’s a series we care deeply about. Thanks to our partnership with Deep Silver and Microsoft, we’re able to deliver the kind of deep, immersive experience that Wasteland fans want and expect.”

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 13, 2019, 16:53 Leper

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 00:15:
Did Wasteland 2 really do that well? I thought the game was horrible! I guess it’s not my kind of game.

Wasteland 2 and 3 were both crowdfunded, so unless I misunderstand the budgets are covered and then everything sold after release is essentially profit. I thought W2 was alright but didn't finish it since I got distracted by better games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 13, 2019, 00:15 Steele Johnson

Did Wasteland 2 really do that well? I thought the game was horrible! I guess it’s not my kind of game.  

7. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 22:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm. Hopefully this is just a marketing misstep. Wasteland 2 was pretty fun, in a buggy, tactical combat mass murdering sort of way.

I need to get around to doing another run through in the Remastered/GotY/whatever they call it version, before WL3 comes out.

6. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 18:37 Task

I'm kind of confused if Wasteland 3 is supposed to be comedic or more serious like Wasteland 1 and 2 lean towards.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 16:02 eRe4s3r

Now I am curious...

Edit: OK.. that was.. abysmally horrificly bad.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2019, 16:14.

4. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 16:01 Verno

The E3 trailer was terrible, the game and marketing seem totally at odds with each other. Just a bizarre fucking video.

I enjoyed Wasteland 2 and will probably pick this up at some point but they really need to go back to the drawing board on the marketing campaign.

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

3. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 15:38 panbient

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:46:
That drunk fuck is annoying as shit... what were they thinking?

Agreed. Was really hyped for more Wasteland after reading the press release. Then I hit play on the trailer (I wish I left it on mute).

Now I'm aware Scotchmo is a recurring character in the franchise. But he was easy enough to ignore in WL2, unfortuntely you can't ignore him in the trailer. In this case I really hope it's just a bad decision when making the trailer (that music is awful too) and not indicative of the style of "humourous" narrative we can expect.

2. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 15:33 Cutter

I *may* grab this in the bargain bin if it's any good but Wasteland 2 left me flat. I just don't think Inxile is really any good.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 14:46 CJ_Parker

That drunk fuck is annoying as shit... what were they thinking?  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo