Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

After completing our re-watch of Deadwood, we finally got to view the new Deadwood movie. It's hard to believe my own reaction, but the series itself was even better than I remember, which says a lot for what I've long considered the best show of all time. The movie probably doesn't earn that kind of lofty accolade from me, but it was still a tremendous experience. It offered some much-needed closure and a glorious chance to revisit the setting and all those beloved characters that became so fully formed over the show's 36 episodes. Hoping this project would get made was a rollercoaster of ups and downs that spanned years, and I am still shocked but extremely grateful it finally happened.

Cinematic Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Santa Anita Park Officials Announce They Will Stop Allowing Bets On All Upcoming Horse Deaths.
Stories: R.E.M., Roots, Steely Dan Did Not Know About Universal Warehouse Fire.
Why Food Reformers Have Mixed Feelings About Eco-Labels. Thanks RedEye9.
Quentin Tarantino Gives An Update On His Star Trek Film. Thanks Kxmode.
Science: Huge, Shaggy Head of 30,000-Year-Old Wolf Unearthed in Siberia. Thanks Neutronbeam and Max.
Scientists declare nearly 400 medical practices 'ineffective'.
Media: Jon Stewart says Congress 'should be ashamed' over inaction on helping 9/11 first responders.
Whoever Wrecked This Car Really Didn't Think Through The Evidence Left Behind.
Follow-up: Mumps outbreak: Bergen County, New Jersey jail placed on lockdown after suspected mumps outbreak.
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 04:33 jdreyer

Blue wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 13:16:
Tarantino would make a great R-Rated Star Wars movie.

Han: So Chewie, are you done fixing that you dingleberry dropping hairy piece of $^&$.
Chewbaca: Give me a %$@#? minute. I'm sick and tired of you %$@# ass rushing me.
Han: Oh yeah, well you %$^&$#&.

--------------------------------------

Aren't jails always under lockdown?

Han: O.K., let me tell you what the cantina song is about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular fuck machine, I'm talking morning, day, night, afternoon: dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick.
Chewbacca : How many dicks is that?
Han: A lot.

Han: ...You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese on Tatooine?

Chewie: Aaaarrrr?!

Han: No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

Chewie: Aaarr?

Han: Hutt with Cheese.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2019, 04:30 jdreyer

Jivaro wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 18:02:
My wife and I are watching Deadwood for the first time. I mentioned to her one night that you (Blue) and others here seem to like it so we decided to watch the series and then the movie. We are currently halfway through season 2. I won't go into spoilers for people who still plan on watching it but my wife just mandated a week long break because of a tragedy that occurred on the last episode we watched. Not because it offended her, but because it was extremely emotional and she wanted a short break in case something similar happened in the next episode. Emotional and gritty and unapologetic. Shocking stuff without feeling like it's just done for shock value. Amazing production values at every level, from coffee cup removal to the actors and everything in-between. The writing is off the charts. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't watched it, provided nudity and swearing in TV aren't an issue for you.

Thanks for not spoiling. I've watched S1E1, and have a ways to go.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 18:16 RedEye9

Jivaro wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 18:02:
My wife and I are watching Deadwood for the first time. I mentioned to her one night that you (Blue) and others here seem to like it so we decided to watch the series and then the movie. We are currently halfway through season 2. I won't go into spoilers for people who still plan on watching it but my wife just mandated a week long break because of a tragedy that occurred on the last episode we watched. Not because it offended her, but because it was extremely emotional and she wanted a short break in case something similar happened in the next episode. Emotional and gritty and unapologetic. Shocking stuff without feeling like it's just done for shock value. Amazing production values at every level, from coffee cup removal to the actors and everything in-between. The writing is off the charts. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't watched it, provided nudity and swearing in TV aren't an issue for you.
I blame the penny-farthing.
It was DeadWoods 'Red Wedding' episode.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 18:02 Jivaro

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 14:24  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 13:16:

Han: So Chewie, are you done fixing that you dingleberry dropping hairy piece of $^&$.
Chewbaca: Give me a %$@#? minute. I'm sick and tired of you %$@# ass rushing me.

Han: O.K., let me tell you what the cantina song is about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular fuck machine, I'm talking morning, day, night, afternoon: dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick.
Chewbacca : How many dicks is that?
Han: A lot.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 14:09 RedEye9

House panel unanimously passes 9/11 victims fund bill after Jon Stewart shaming

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 13:16 RedEye9

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 12:28 RedEye9

I'm more amazed by the caveman who started the measuring tape at 6.
Nice puppy, nice puppy

1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 12, 2019, 12:11 TheBigVlad

I just watched the Deadwood movie a few days ago and, while I enjoyed it quite a bit, I was a bit underwhelmed. The story wasn't very exciting and ends kind of abruptly, but I understand that there's only so much they can cram into a 2 hour movie. I would have liked to see them do one last season, even a condensed season of 5 episodes or so. Still, great writing as usual and it was nice seeing all of my favorite characters again (minus Cy... too bad).  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo