Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support

NVIDIA announces they've partnered with CD Project RED to bring Ray Tracing support to Cyberpunk 2077, the upcoming sci-fi role-playing game. Here's the plan:

For Cyberpunk 2077, we’ve partnered with CD PROJEKT RED as an official technology partner to bring real-time ray tracing to the game.

“Cyberpunk 2077 is an incredibly ambitious game, mixing first person perspective and deep role-playing, while also creating an intricate and immersive world in which to tell this story. We believe the world of Cyberpunk will greatly benefit from the realistic lighting that ray tracing delivers,” said Matt Wuebbling, head of GeForce marketing at NVIDIA.

For a first look at real-time ray tracing in Cyberpunk 2077, check out these exclusive 4K gameplay screenshots:

“Ray tracing allows us to realistically portray how light behaves in a crowded urban environment,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. “Thanks to this technology, we can add another layer of depth and verticality to the already impressive megacity the game takes place in.”

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 04:18 Sempai

All you need is a $1300 video card from a shitty gross af corp run by a gigantic twat for a ceo!

Yay!..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 01:38 bigspender

I mean, anyone can trace. Real artists know how to draw. That's why I'm not impressed with these new gfx cards. /s  

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 01:22 Drayth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 22:15:
The ~3 people per country who have the computer to run Cyberpunk 2077 at decent framerates with ray tracing enabled will be ecstatic.

I know I know, future proofing, planning for release and post release computer stats, etc.

The next gen of RTX cards should be happening some time next year, so actually the timing aint too bad (as long as the cards aren't).

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 00:55 RedEye9

Grokk wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 23:42:
The ~3 people per country who have the computer to run Cyberpunk 2077 at decent framerates with ray tracing enabled will be ecstatic.

I know I know, future proofing, planning for release and post release computer stats, etc.

I'm in the market to be one of those 3 people for Australia. Looking at all the hardware just makes my head hurt nowadays though, so I'm thinking I might actually buy a pre-built system for the first time in my life.
Once you factor in the cost of the OS and the time spent speccing a new build plus the time building and testing it. A pre-built starts to look reasonable.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 00:21 Kxmode

Grokk wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 23:42:
Looking at all the hardware just makes my head hurt nowadays though, so I'm thinking I might actually buy a pre-built system for the first time in my life.

I was in the same boat. I recommend PC Part Picker. I used the site to help me build my 4K60 machine. You can pick the rights parts for your budget. The site warns you if one of the parts you picked doesn't work with another (for example CPU and motherboard). You can also check out builds rated by the community. Each part has links to several stores, and if the entire build is available from a single store, you can add them all to your cart in one shot.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 11, 2019, 23:42 Grokk

I'm in the market to be one of those 3 people for Australia. Looking at all the hardware just makes my head hurt nowadays though, so I'm thinking I might actually buy a pre-built system for the first time in my life.

3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 11, 2019, 22:54 Kxmode

Cannot wait! The neon and chrome in that game is going to be crazy! Dance  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 11, 2019, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 11, 2019, 21:35 CJ_Parker

FUCK YEAH!  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo