Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 10:40 Verno

MacLeod wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 10:34:
I know I'm in the minority on this, but BotW was one of the biggest letdowns I've had in a game. I enjoyed it for about 5-10 hours, but after that, the empty-of-monster shrines instead of actual dungeons, and an overworld that is vastly empty except for enemies, who you actively try to avoid because your weapons break so easily, just started making the game feel lackluster. Finished the first two divine beasts, and just couldn't bring myself to play the game any more.

I don't think you're in the minority, it was a common complaint. It's an open world game and certainly not for everyone. I really enjoyed the shrines though they did get a little formulaic at times. I thought they did a great job with visual storytelling in the landscape and environments. I never got bored of exploring and finding cool/random things. It reminded me a lot of the very first Zelda game where you could basically go anywhere and do anything right from the get go. The climbing and parachute stuff was genius.

I actually thought the durability was pretty cool, it annoyed me at first but I ended up using a lot of different weapons and tactics as a result. One area the game needed more work though was enemy variety - you're fighting the same 4-5 things the entire game. And yeah they could find a middle ground between 100 shrines and 4 dungeons. I think a lot of people wanted a more traditional Zelda game and they could probably accommodate those people by with say 8 large dungeons and a smattering of shrines in an open world environment.

I think the sequel will be a large refinement of the first game which will probably please more people. The first game was very much a shell in some aspects and needed more fleshing out.

Playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Spider-Man, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: The Expanse, Three Kingdoms, The Curse of La Llorona
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 10:34 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 09:47:
So fuckin stoked for that Breath of the Wild sequel! Nintendo killed it yesterday with announcements, their line up this year and next looks stellar.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but BotW was one of the biggest letdowns I've had in a game. I enjoyed it for about 5-10 hours, but after that, the empty-of-monster shrines instead of actual dungeons, and an overworld that is vastly empty except for enemies, who you actively try to avoid because your weapons break so easily, just started making the game feel lackluster. Finished the first two divine beasts, and just couldn't bring myself to play the game any more.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 09:47 Verno

So fuckin stoked for that Breath of the Wild sequel! Nintendo killed it yesterday with announcements, their line up this year and next looks stellar.  

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 09:31 RedEye9

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 08:50:
I just find the Switch to be a cheaply built 2nd rate console. Ours is broken for the 3rd time and it is going in the trash. Cannot believe people waste their money on them.
What a shame. A device made for children should be drop tested, shock proof and built to withstand the rigors of everyday life.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 09:12 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 08:50:
I just find the Switch to be a cheaply built 2nd rate console. Ours is broken for the 3rd time and it is going in the trash. Cannot believe people waste their money on them.

I've opened up my Switch and can't really agree with this. Quality components, my only complaint was with the cheap wifi chip. Maybe stop treating your gear like shit and you won't be such a negative nancy on these boards in the future

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 08:50 Ozmodan

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 01:41 jacobvandy

People beg for Switch ports of everything, and of course Witcher 3 was up there as one of the most popular requests, but for obvious reasons it's been repeatedly dismissed as impossible... I guess now the new holy grail will be Cyberpunk.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo