Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Honest Trailers - Captain Marvel. Thanks Ant.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2019, 09:21 Verno

Bodolza wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:00:
Agreed on all points. I thought Brie Larson was pretty good as an action star in Kong, so I'm blaming the director for that performance. It's probaby an uncommon opinion, but I enjoyed Dark Pheonix quite a bit more in comparison.

I haven't seen Dark Phoenix yet but I will check it out. I don't care what the critics say about shit, I make up my own mind

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2019, 14:50 RedEye9

Marvel Movies Ranked in order
Tied for #1; Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: Ragnarok
2nd place tie goes to; Avengers: Endgame, Captain America: The First Avenger
3rd place; all the rest

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2019, 14:21 Beamer

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 09:52:
Another milquetoast Marvel effort. If not for Samuel Jackson turning in a very enthusiastic performance I would've fallen asleep. Wifflebat powers/punches, action with no real stakes and the most interesting faction they've introduced gets reduced to a storytelling device by the end. Not sure if it was the screenplay or whatever but Brie Larson was terrible in this, very wooden and boring. Say what you will about DC but at least Wonder Woman had a charismatic and engaging lead.

Just watched it, albeit on an airplane. Agreed SLJ totally makes it, though I kind of enjoyed the overall plot.

I will say that Brie Larson running through the spaceship early on was... not all that energetic or action-y. She seemed stiff running around. In stills, she has the perfect "I'm going to kick your ass" face, but in motion when not kicking ass, I dunno, something about how she ran. And yes, she was wooden and boring, but I think that's a Marvel issue right now. I'd say she was no worse than Dr. Strange. He never seemed to have much fun in the role, either. At least Captain Marvel is basically a god and not having much fun feels like it makes more sense.

Still enjoyed it quite a bit, but would put it in the middle of the pack.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2019, 14:00 Bodolza

Agreed on all points. I thought Brie Larson was pretty good as an action star in Kong, so I'm blaming the director for that performance. It's probaby an uncommon opinion, but I enjoyed Dark Pheonix quite a bit more in comparison.  

1. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2019, 09:52 Verno

Another milquetoast Marvel effort. If not for Samuel Jackson turning in a very enthusiastic performance I would've fallen asleep. Wifflebat powers/punches, action with no real stakes and the most interesting faction they've introduced gets reduced to a storytelling device by the end. Not sure if it was the screenplay or whatever but Brie Larson was terrible in this, very wooden and boring. Say what you will about DC but at least Wonder Woman had a charismatic and engaging lead.  

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo