Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020

Dying Light 2 now has a listing on Steam showing a spring 2020 release window for Techland's post-apocalyptic action/RPG sequel (thanks Acleacius). This post has the news, but all it says is "This is Aiden. A survivor in an infected world. The fate of The City is in your hands," while offering a link to the game's E3 2019 trailer. Word is:

Dying Light 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning open world survival horror action game. You play as Aiden, a new hero in a world torn apart by the ravages of the infection, where every decision counts and death lurks around each corner.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 12, 2019, 01:50 Acleacius

Dead Island was the reason I joined Steam! Zombie

There's no possible way for me to miss Zombie Coop, same with Dying Light. That said Techland/Disney suck for not allowing a choice of female PC. Middlefinger

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 20:02 ventry

Wow. The city detail in this is quite awesome.  

13. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 19:52 Darks

Xero wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 13:10:
What about Dead Island 2??? I honestly couldn't get into Dying Light the multiple times I tried. Just wasn't feeling it. Dead Island on the other hand sucked me hardcore. Can't wait for part 2. I even beat the sub-par Rip-Tide standalone DLC which a lot of folks didn't care for too much.

I think Dead Island 1 just captured the atomspheric feeling of being on a deserted island overrun with zombies perfect. There was like no music, just the odd sounds in the air and then you had your occasional run-ins with the undead. The world was a tad static but still a beaut to look at. Even when you head over to the city, it was still fantastic.

Ill bet you played it Solo? Which is why you didn't like it as much. This is Coop game. Should not be played any other way.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 19:00 Drayth

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:04:
Just die(ing [sic] light 2) already.

YES! Couldn't agree more. Can't wait for this to come out!

Really enjoyed the first one.

11. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 17:48 HorrorScope

I played both Dead Island and Dying Light through. I'd play either follow up, but I'm looking forward to Dying Light.  

10. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 17:40 Wallshadows

It's an already wide lake but it sounds like they're really doing what they can to ensure it's deeper than an inch which was easily the weakest part of DL. Beneath the surface it was just very samey and the locations felt too cut and paste especially with the instanced infected zones.

It needs a better modding community too. Would be nice to see community campaigns, weapons and the likes be made instead of being dominated by half-assed parkour maps.

Also, no surprise QTE bullshit.

9. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 16:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 11:53:
Just like the first you'll prolly need to find the meds that stop it.

Hrm, shit, I don't even remember that mechanic. Must have been pretty easy to get the meds, and/or I modded it out.

8. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 15:34 Ozmodan

I liked the original Dying Light initially, but it soon become mind numbing boring killing zombies over and over again. Unless they can come up with something amazing I really doubt I will waste money on the new game.  

7. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 15:20 Rigs

Xero wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 13:10:
What about Dead Island 2??? I honestly couldn't get into Dying Light the multiple times I tried. Just wasn't feeling it. Dead Island on the other hand sucked me hardcore. Can't wait for part 2. I even beat the sub-par Rip-Tide standalone DLC which a lot of folks didn't care for too much.

I think Dead Island 1 just captured the atomspheric feeling of being on a deserted island overrun with zombies perfect. There was like no music, just the odd sounds in the air and then you had your occasional run-ins with the undead. The world was a tad static but still a beaut to look at. Even when you head over to the city, it was still fantastic.

See, now, I was the opposite. I freakin' >adore< Dying Light and it's world. The soundtrack, too, is perfect. The game feels so polished compared to other zombie games and the parkour mechanic is worth the price of admission alone!

I've replayed DL quite a few times now, twice with 'The Following' (I'll get to that in a moment), sometimes with mods, sometimes not. (Mods are typically just glorified hacks and cheats or Reshade profiles more than anything else since the game is locked up pretty tight) The day/night system is awesome, though I usually get too stressed playing at night and just skip it since I don't really find being chased by 10 screaming enemies and dying within seconds to be my idea of fun but it's there for those times I feel a little masochistic. Weather change is subtle though I found that if you choose to go to sleep before the night, when it switches over to it, it will be storming where as if you let the time move normally and don't skip ahead, it won't storm.

I don't know how some feel that you go from weakling to overpowered too quickly, it took me more than 30 hours to get most of the skill tree activated. You do feel pretty scrawny when you start out, especially if you're starting a new game and it's not a 'NEW+'. Some of the first missions are kinda corny and don't really give you that 'Holy shit, it's the end of the world!'-vibe, ending up being merely fetch quests in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The mission where you have to go to the video store to find the right tape for the crazy guy that thinks his mother is still around to get seizure meds is just bizarre. Like let's stop everything because we can't destroy this little world this guy has made for himself while the real one we're in is going to shit. Cute, yes, but a little out of place.

Now, when I said I love DL, that extends to The Following...to a point. That point is the second to last mission and the ending. I guess because I love the game and it's story so much which is why I despise the ending so. It's just so out of character. The Following had so much going for it and the plot was pretty good for the most part, the new towns and the buggy was cool. Now I didn't have to run around for an hour to get anywhere. But that ending. OMG, I have never rage quit so hard in my life! I actually refuse to except it as the official ending at all. Much like 'The Last Jedi' and the final season of 'Game of Thrones', the ending is dead to me and never happened. It invalidates everything you have done in both the expansion and the main game. EVERYTHING. It instantly makes all those hours a waste because you did it all for NOTHING. Spoiler = Everyone dies anyway no matter what you choose to do. And while that might be the most realistic way since real life rarely ever has happy endings, I refuse to believe that we did all of that for nothing.

I recently played through Riptide and found it enjoyable. I can see the bits that Dying Light took from it, almost as if Riptide is an alpha of Dying Light. (gameplay-wise not story-wise) I then went to try to play the first Dead Island and got very bored, very quick. I dunno what's missing from the formula for me but I just couldn't stay with it. If I had to choose anything, I'd say that the melee mechanics are a bit...stiff and inflexible compared to later iterations, which is to be expected but no less frustrating. Maybe one of these days I'll go back to it and finish it. It seems I'll have plenty of time to wait for DL2 still. *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

6. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 13:10 Xero

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

5. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 12:04 CJ_Parker

Just die already.  

4. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 11:53 Verno

I'm not going to say I loved it but the first game was fun. It suffered from a terrible story/writing but everything else was pretty decent. I do think that the progression was a bit fucked up too, you go from totally underpowered to zipping around and destroying everything way too quickly. That said the core gameplay loop and worldbuilding was pretty good which counted for a lot.

I don't know, that was such a silly mechanic. It was never truly a problem and just ended up being a minor chore. If they dumped it I can't say anyone would miss it.

Playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Spider-Man, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: The Expanse, Three Kingdoms, The Curse of La Llorona

3. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 11:53 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 11:42:
I loved Dying Light, and I suspect I'll be jump kicking zombies infected in this game too.

I got a little de-hyped at the end though... tell me that his infection/bracelet mechanic isn't going to lead to some timed bullshit, please? Dying Light has some of the best open world movement and melee vertical fighting ever; I'm hoping DL2 will be even better... but it sure as shit won't be (to me at least) if they add in timed mechanics everywhere.

*Not counting the Day/Night cycle, which was awesome!*

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 11:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved Dying Light, and I suspect I'll be jump kicking zombies infected in this game too.

I got a little de-hyped at the end though... tell me that his infection/bracelet mechanic isn't going to lead to some timed bullshit, please? Dying Light has some of the best open world movement and melee vertical fighting ever; I'm hoping DL2 will be even better... but it sure as shit won't be (to me at least) if they add in timed mechanics everywhere.

*Not counting the Day/Night cycle, which was awesome!*

1. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 11:34 Cutter

Too bad it's not Xmas but whatevs. I think I'm down for day one on this one.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo