Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Phoenix Point in September

Snapshot Games announces a September 3rd release date for Phoenix Point, the upcoming science fiction strategy game from Julian Gollop, one of the creators of the original X-COM series. Word is the Windows and macOS editions will be offered through the Epic Games Store:

Snapshot Games announced today as part of Microsoft’s Inside Xbox presentation that Phoenix Point, the upcoming sci-fi strategy game from the creator of the original X-COM series, is expected to launch on Sept. 3, 2019, on the Microsoft Store and with Xbox Game Pass for console and PC, as well as the Epic Games store for PC and Mac.

A new cinematic trailer titled “Next Life” sets the stage for the changing face of war in Phoenix Point. Led by a massive Alien Queen, the game’s enemies transform and evolve according to the choices players make over time. Given the power to mutate their own troops to gain an advantage, Earth’s last desperate defenders will have to decide how much humanity they’re willing to sacrifice to save mankind from this ever-changing extraterrestrial threat.

Phoenix Point is a new take on strategy and tactics. Plan operations, research new technologies, and build alliances to unite the planet or destroy your rivals, then customize your squad and deploy into conflict zones around the globe with dynamic objectives and destructible environments. Procedurally generated maps and branching storylines mean no two playthroughs are the same.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 12, 2019, 04:04 Choobeastia

Kxmode wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 16:45:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 11:35:
Oh right, EGS exclusive = hard pass.

September 2020, available on Steam... soft pass. I don't reward developers who engage in deception.

Better yet, buy it through the Humble store and change the amount given to the devs to 0.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 11, 2019, 16:59 grudgebearer

If it's any good I'll pick it up on Steam when they run it at a 66% discount, and they can make a whopping 22% of the list price on my purchase instead of me purchasing it at the 10-15% discount mark.  

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

4. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 11, 2019, 16:45 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 11:35:

September 2020, available on Steam... soft pass. I don't reward developers who engage in deception.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 11, 2019, 12:02 mch

Yeah, I was/am pretty interested in this, but it can wait.  

2. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 11, 2019, 11:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well if you contributed to the Fig/Kickstarter/crowd funding, supposedly you get an Epic key as well as later on a Gog/Steam key. Mildly placated.

*Disclaimer: I contributed via Fig years ago, before Epic's current bullshit was even a rumor.

1. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 11, 2019, 11:35 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo