Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Legal Briefs

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2019, 02:43 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 00:35:
Scheherazade wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 23:32:
Saboth wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 14:16:
"result clearly represents a strategic victory for Alex Jones." How does using someone else's copyright without permission then losing in court represent any kind of win? Then again, this is the alt-right, where up is down and black is white, real news is fake, so I guess yeah...in their minds it must be a major victory.

He's anti abortion, I suppose that makes him alt right. (/s)
He's also pro decriminalization of drugs, which is pretty left.

Dude just does conspiracy theory stuff. People imagine he's more than he is.

-scheherazade

When he had the following he did, and the sitting President on his show, he was more than you make him out to be. And yes, he was right. Very right. Also very wrong, actually.
Come on Beamer. Alex "Piece "O" Shit" Jones totally broke the Sandy Hook story single handedly proving that the school had been vacant for years and no one was shot. plus he sells fake male enhancer pills to sad little men with inferiority complexes, what's not to like

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2019, 00:35 Beamer

Scheherazade wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 23:32:
"result clearly represents a strategic victory for Alex Jones." How does using someone else's copyright without permission then losing in court represent any kind of win? Then again, this is the alt-right, where up is down and black is white, real news is fake, so I guess yeah...in their minds it must be a major victory.

-scheherazade

When he had the following he did, and the sitting President on his show, he was more than you make him out to be. And yes, he was right. Very right. Also very wrong, actually.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 23:32 Scheherazade

-scheherazade

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 21:28 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 21:01:
I mean... says right in the sentence above why they claim that, that it was such a tiny amount of money compared to the initial ask. Apparently they even made posters with the image, so it's likely he made more than the settlement in ads and revenue. It would have been popcorn fun to see this go through to trial, and probably cost the infringer in the hundreds of thousands.

I dunno, this quote about why the judge limited the possible award to $14K makes it seem like that's all InfoWars made from selling the posters:

The judge ruled out the recovery of statutory damages and attorneys' fees given Furie's delay in registering copyright on "Pepe." That meant Furie could go to trial, but he'd only be shooting for about $14,000 in profits.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 21:01 Dev

I mean... says right in the sentence above why they claim that, that it was such a tiny amount of money compared to the initial ask. Apparently they even made posters with the image, so it's likely he made more than the settlement in ads and revenue. It would have been popcorn fun to see this go through to trial, and probably cost the infringer in the hundreds of thousands.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 15:55 RedEye9

nvrmnd  

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

3. removed Jun 11, 2019, 15:45 Timmeh

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 11, 2019, 15:54.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 14:16 Saboth

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 12:24 RedEye9

No one saw that coming. Deal Rotfl

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo