Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year

Hopefully your inoculations are up-to-date, as Ubisoft announces Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Quarantine, the next installment in the Rainbow Six series of special ops shooters. This is in development at Ubisoft Montreal for release on PC and consoles early next year. The game already has a website which offers the E3 2019 teaser trailer with a look at what to expect. Word is they are hoping this does for the co-op first-person shooter what Rainbow Six Siege has done for PvP shooters. Here's word:

Today, during the E3 press conference, Ubisoft® revealed Tom Clancy Rainbow Six® Quarantine, the latest installment in the best-selling Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six franchise. This brand-new three-player, tactical co-op shooter will be available early 2020 on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Rainbow Six Quarantine will also be available on Uplay+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. More details on Uplay+ can be found on Uplay.com*.

Developed by a new dedicated team at Ubisoft Montreal, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Quarantine is set several years in the future of the Rainbow Six Universe. The Rainbow operators will face off against a highly lethal new breed of mutated alien parasite infecting human hosts and their surroundings.

“We set out to create a radically re-designed co-op experience built on the foundations of one of the best shooters of this generation. What Siege is to the PVP shooter genre, we want Quarantine to be to co-op.” said Bio Jade Adam-Granger, Lead Game Designer.

Players can prepare to launch into tense, chaotic and totally unpredictable missions as they will risk everything with their squad, every time they step into Quarantine.

For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Quarantine, please visit rainbowsixquarantine.com, follow us on twitter.com/ or facebook.com/ and join the conversation by using #rainbowsixquarantine.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 14:42 CJ_Parker

Mac wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 14:09:
JTW wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:08:
When every other cooperative game out there is designed for four players, they're releasing a three player game. That means that every group of friends who game together will either have to kick a friend out, or play a different game.

Good thinking.

Or find another 2 people and run 2 teams ...

Or take turns so one guy can always go and...

- Fuck his girlfriend
- Drink beer
- Go for a smoke
- Clean up cat/dog barf off the carpet
- Answer their phone
- Take an epic dump
- Fill in any other reason why people go AFK all the time

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 14:09 Mac

JTW wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:08:
When every other cooperative game out there is designed for four players, they're releasing a three player game. That means that every group of friends who game together will either have to kick a friend out, or play a different game.

Good thinking.

Or find another 2 people and run 2 teams ...

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 12:08 JTW

Good thinking.

6. Re: Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 09:42 CJ_Parker

Hornet303 wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 00:33:
I do have to wonder why you even bother to devote so much time, with a general disgust of just about everything that is posted. Is there anything in the gaming industry in 2019 that you are fond of, or is everything about pining over days of old?

Yes, there is shit that I'm fond of.

For example, Obsidian, after a full year of patching and DLCing, finally released the final patch for PoE II Deadfire recently so that was great.

Another decent release was Far Cry New Dawn. The official launch price (€44.99) was completely appalling for a game that was just an expansion but I got a key for just over €20 from CDKeys.com so that seemed like a fair price.
I appreciate that Ubishit did not announce any DLC or continued "support" for New Dawn. It got a couple bugfix patches but otherwise it was like a classic complete-game-at-launch release so that was great, too.

Other than that it is becoming increasingly difficult if, like me, you hate this so called "games as a service" bullshit with a burning passion.
I don't like it when you "have to" wait and wait and wait and wait... for a game to finally become somewhat bug-free as well as feature and content complete.

On the other hand it's actually not such a big problem because I have a humongous backlog but it's still annoying sometimes since I feel it limits my options. Yeah, first world problems, I know...

I can't get excited for anything that is announced at E3 this year because I know I won't be buying it before 2022/2023/2024 anyway because that's how long it will take before a GOTY or Enhanced Edition or whatever is going to be released.

Even indies like Larian are guilty of this shit. I'm not going to touch BG3 until there is their obligatory Enhanced or Definitive Edition. Same with Cyberpunk. Fuck all those drawn out releases with their DLCs and their feature patches. It's annoying as fuck to me.

5. Re: Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 00:33 Hornet303

yawn @ more multiplayer garbage

I do have to wonder why you even bother to devote so much time, with a general disgust of just about everything that is posted. Is there anything in the gaming industry in 2019 that you are fond of, or is everything about pining over days of old?

4. Re: Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 22:52 CJ_Parker

yawn @ more multiplayer garbage  

3. Re: Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 22:03 rist3903

I am really looking forward to Left 3 Dead.

2. Re: Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 21:55 Verno

Fuck yeah. I loved the old tactical games but there is something to be said for the arcadey feel of the Vegas titles. This could be really cool. Ubisoft has a lot of good shit in the tank, well done.  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

1. Re: Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 21:12 clint

It should be a good year for choice for Co-op gaming.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo