Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service

Ubisoft announces Uplay+, a premium version of their gaming service that will offer access to an entire roster of their games for a single monthly subscription fee. This will launch on September 3rd, and will also be available through Google's new Stadia service. A free trial will be offered for those who sign up between now and mid-August through the Uplay website. The news comes with this trailer and these details:

Today at E3, Ubisoft announced that Uplay+, its new subscription service, will launch on September 3, 2019, for Windows PC. For $14.99/month, players will have unlimited access to download more than 100 games, including new releases, the latest released games, back catalog, premium editions and additional content packs. Players who sign up for Uplay+ between June 10 and August 15 will be able to access* a free trial of Uplay+ from September 3 to September 30. Uplay+ will also be available on the new generation gaming platform, Stadia, in 2020.

Uplay+ will give players the opportunity to discover the best Ubisoft games on PC, with unlimited access to more than 100 games, including DLC**, right at launch on September 3. In addition, subscribers will automatically be included in beta access and early access programs for upcoming titles***, including the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint closed beta on September 5, and the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint Ultimate Edition on October 1 – three days prior to the game’s worldwide launch.

With Uplay+, subscribers will have access to download Ubisoft’s growing catalog of 100+ games, including:

• Upcoming Releases: Watch Dogs®: Legion, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, Rainbow Six® Quarantine, Gods & Monsters™ and more.
  • Latest Released Games: Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2, Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege, Far Cry® 5, Anno 1800™ and more.
  • Classic Ubisoft Titles: Titles from the Far Cry and Rayman franchises, Prince of Persia®, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, Beyond Good & Evil® and more.
  • Beloved PC Franchises: Heroes of Might and Magic, Silent Hunter, The Settlers, Anno and more.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 12:05 Mr. Tact

Wow, that is some crazy pricing. Thanks for the info.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 10:18 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 07:36:
Sheesh, yet another company trying to become a subscription service.

Who the hell is going to be able to actually afford dozens of subscriptions by the time this nonsense gets balkanized fully?

Corporate greed, sigh. Luckily we'll all be dead in 20-30 years.

My guess is you go in an out of them OR you just keep buying the game in full. You have the OPTION. I like the subs, most games I'm done with well before a month is over so I can see saving some money.

10. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 10:01 CJ_Parker

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:10:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 22:50:
If you get access to the full expensive-as-fuck ultimate editions of some Ubi games then $14.99 is not such a bad deal at all.
Just curious, could you give a couple of examples of these "expensive-as-fuck" games? Not particularly doubting your statement, I am simply ignorant "as-fuck" on the subject. I don't think I've even ever been on Ubi-soft's website.

Sure, dude...

- AssCreed Odyssey Ultimate Edition regular price is $119.99 (yes, it's currently on sale for way less but the regular price is expensive as fuck)
- AssCreed Odyssey Gold Edition regular price is $99.99
- The Division 2 Ultimate Edition regular price is $119.99 and Gold Edition is $99.99
- Ghost Recon Wildlands Ultimate Edition is still $99.99 regular price after all these years it's been out
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Ultimate Edition is $119.99 regular price (btw, the game is not even out yet but they are already including it in their current sale for "only" $109.99) and the Gold Edition is $99.99
- Watch Dawgz Legion is $119.99 regular price for the Ultimate Edition (well, it's also "only" $109.99 on sale atm) and $99.99 for the Gold Edition

So, we might have noticed a pattern here, right? If you want the "whole" shebang re a Ubishit game then you gotta burp up $120 and even then you only get the "year 1 pass" for GR Breakpoint for example so it's not as "whole" as one might think.
If you want the real "whole" then you will still have to cough up even more monies for the year 2, year 3, year 4, year whateverthefuck passes.

Yeah, expensive as fuck sums it up pretty well if I do say so myself and I do...

9. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 09:19 Acleacius

OMG, you will let me pay you to be forced to install denuvo! Flamethrower  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 09:10 Mr. Tact

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 22:50:
If you get access to the full expensive-as-fuck ultimate editions of some Ubi games then $14.99 is not such a bad deal at all.
Just curious, could you give a couple of examples of these "expensive-as-fuck" games? Not particularly doubting your statement, I am simply ignorant "as-fuck" on the subject. I don't think I've even ever been on Ubi-soft's website.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 08:34 Dev

At least they are doing it the right way, entire catalog. If EA did that too, it would also make more sense. And at that point, maybe someone rotating publishers every couple months, keeping a single sub active, would let you play games you wanted, new release games, and maybe games you'd not normally buy, for only $15 a month.
I could see myself keeping a sub in those conditions.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 07:36:
Orrr... if they finally discover something to live longer, maybe not. Or maybe the singularity happens.

6. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 08:33 El Pit

Lorcin wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 22:35:
Wouldn't be cheaper to change their name from Ubisoft to Tom Clancy Presents:

Tom Clancy Presents: Assassin's Creed!

I still think they should have called their "service" UPay... Missed opportunity!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 07:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, yet another company trying to become a subscription service.

Who the hell is going to be able to actually afford dozens of subscriptions by the time this nonsense gets balkanized fully?

4. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 11, 2019, 05:01 KilrathiAce

UbiS*it is trying hard.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 10, 2019, 22:50 CJ_Parker

Grokk wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 21:39:
Good on Ubi for giving this a shot, but I'm not sure it's going to gain a lot of traction.
They do have some seriously good games in their catalogue, and there are a lot of different genres, but so many of those games are well out dated now.

I guess if you had to pick a monthly service to subscribe to, it wouldn't be the worst.

Not really my cup of tea though.

It's the same sub price as Origin Premier but contrary to EA and its steep discounts, Ubishit games are expensive as fuck and take a loooong ass time to drop to similarly deep levels as EA games.

I prefer permanently renting games via a purchase over renting them only temporarily via subscription as well though. However, I could definitely see myself signing up here or there for just a month to extensively check out (extended demo) some of the games I don't really want permanently.

2. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 10, 2019, 22:35 Lorcin

Wouldn't be cheaper to change their name from Ubisoft to Tom Clancy Presents:  

1. Re: Ubisoft Announces Premium Uplay+ Service Jun 10, 2019, 21:39 Grokk

Good on Ubi for giving this a shot, but I'm not sure it's going to gain a lot of traction.
They do have some seriously good games in their catalogue, and there are a lot of different genres, but so many of those games are well out dated now.

I guess if you had to pick a monthly service to subscribe to, it wouldn't be the worst.

Not really my cup of tea though.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo