Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech

Bethesda Softworks announces Orion, "a patented collection of software technologies that optimize game engines for superior performance in a streaming environment." Developed by id Software, they say this is "platform-agnostic" game streaming technology to allow games to stream with lower latency and lower bandwidth at higher quality. Here's a bit:

In contrast to game streaming services that focus on hardware solutions to stream games, Orion is game engine-based technology that optimizes a game for the cloud. Integrated within the game engine itself, Orion can achieve dramatic latency reductions of up to 20% per frame and requires up to 40% less bandwidth. The Orion technology is complementary to the hardware technology in data centers built by other streaming providers, ensuring much better results when paired together.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 11, 2019, 13:39 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 04:13:
"optimize game engines for superior performance in a streaming environment."

Hooray?
A 12 yo playing on his sisters i3 equipped laptop was overheard saying "Minecraft had never felt so smooth" while beta testing the service.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 11, 2019, 13:31 Kxmode

Did all the big publishers meet together sometime in the distance past to discuss making streaming tech a thing?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 11, 2019, 12:46 aka_STEVE

yeah,... the words Bethesda & made by ID software - don't exactly scream a feeling of trust and awesomeness that they once did.

3. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 11, 2019, 06:38 Jonjonz

Coming from a company that can't ship a AAA PC title that does not require extensive modding to work, I am sure this works just fine out of the box.  

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

2. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 11, 2019, 04:13 jdreyer

"optimize game engines for superior performance in a streaming environment."

Hooray?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 10, 2019, 21:47 Grokk

There used to be a time when I would see "Developed by id Software" and I would take a serious look into the technology.
I'm afraid that time has long past now.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo