Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

RAGE 2 Roadmap

Bethesda.net offers an E3 2019 trailer for RAGE 2, offering a look at the future of the shooter sequel in a clip styled after an 80s television intro. The clip shows off the free weekly content coming to the game, as well as a glimpse of the Rise of the Ghosts expansion coming later this year. Here's the roadmap:

Oh, that’s right. It’s a bunch of awesome free shit, including new vehicles like the pilotable Mech and the one-wheeled Armadillo, new dynamic events, new Cheats, and so. Much. More. Now, you might be thinking to yourself, “Wow. Why are they giving all this stuff away for free?” That’s a stupid question. It’s because we just love you guys, like, so much. We would give you the moon if that weren’t such a stupid gift. Seriously, where would you keep a moon? That’s not a present; it’s a responsibility. Take a look at the latest RAGE 2 trailer for a sneak peak at everything coming up and get the full breakdown of everything you’ll see below.

Here’s everything you’ll have access to over the next month:

• Pilotable Mech “Boom Bringer” vehicle – Mechs aren’t just for the River Hogs anymore. Hop into the new Boom Bringer Mech and…. Well, bring the boom. And the explosions. And the mindboggling amounts of pain.
  • Global Worming dynamic event – Aside from having a really excellent name, the Global Worming event introduces the Sand Worm, a massive new enemy that will require all your Ranger skills to take down.
  • Bug Swarm dynamic event – Don’t you love leaving your house in the warmer months and immediately being assaulted by millions of flying insects? Yeah, neither do we. Let’s kill all those little bastards.
  • One-wheeled “Armadillo” vehicle – The name is cute, and if you ask us, the vehicle is pretty cute, too. Cute in an “Oh god, it’s coming this way and it’s not slowing down and it’s going to run right over me” kind of way. So maybe not that cute. Definitely rad, though. (Did you know that armadillos can transmit leprosy to humans? So cute!)
  • “Ghost” motorcycle – Be the edgiest kid in the wasteland with the new Ghost motorcycle. A hint of what’s to come in the upcoming Rise of the Ghosts expansion, perhaps?
  • Stanley Express missions – Visit key locations around the map and find Stanley, an excellent source of missions and a machine-shaped friend.
  • New Cheats – Get the TV fatal and OzzyMan voice packs, the Rejector Seat Cheat, and more!
  • New weapon skins
  • New Daily Events
  • New Wasteland Challenges and Community Events

The trailer also teased the Rise of the Ghosts expansion, which is coming later this year. This huge expansion will add an entirely new questline, region to explore, and faction to the game, in addition to a new weapon and ability to add to your already impressive arsenal.

The teams at Avalanche and id Software have been listening to your comments and feedback and are also working on new difficulty modes and a New Game+ mode, and we’ll have more on that in the coming weeks.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 11, 2019, 16:48 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 10:19:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 20:55:
Game is still broken a month after release.

Impossible! You must just be one of those negative nancys and a hater.

Maybe. But the game is still broken.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 11, 2019, 12:05 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:52:
I saw a clip of game play, why won't the vehicle stfu?

What the hell is with the giant banners that constantly popup and stop game play? Wtf

If you want to truly see how horrible this game is, watch a speedrun of it. I mean, this is literally a game I would not wish on my worst enemy to have to replay from start.

24. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 11, 2019, 10:19 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 20:55:

Impossible! You must just be one of those negative nancys and a hater. Is there anything that you like at all???

23. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 11, 2019, 09:52 Acleacius

I saw a clip of game play, why won't the vehicle stfu?

What the hell is with the giant banners that constantly popup and stop game play? Wtf

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

22. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 20:55 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

21. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 20:07 jdreyer

Hoop wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 18:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 17:46:

I was just talking about the in your face marketing, not the game itself.

My bad sorry

No worries!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 19:39 Pepe

DrEvil wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 19:03:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 17:28:
I'm waiting for them to disable the damn UI interruptions. I don't care what my XP is with someone I haven't met.

This was my biggest complaint by far. I 100%'d the game as far as I know (all weapons, all side quests, all upgrades, etc.) after dumping about 40-50 hours into it. Don't exactly know how many hours since the Bethesda.net launcher and the game don't keep track (sigh).

The game makes a big deal about encouraging players to stay "in the flow" through overdrive and everything else but when push comes to shove it loves taking control from the player and splatting *multiple* near-full-screen showy xp, progress, whatever bars completely disrupting that flow. Even more annoying, when you play with Mouse+Keyboard, you have to use the enter key (as far as I can tell) to dismiss them. Game input scheme seems to be some weird hybrid of typical console game and PC.

Overall, here's my thoughts:

* generally great combat experience
* frequently confusing as hell navigation ("gps")
* boring, barely-existent story
* bizarre, disposable story locations only used once and then no reason to go back
* bizarre boss battle endings where boss corpse would just disappear immediately after end of fight
* vehicle control was bad enough when using Mouse+Keyboard that I often switched to my XBox Controller just for vehicles and then back for gameplay

Spoilery thoughts:

* frustrating vehicle experiences; game claims you can drive any vehicle, but then suddenly you can't (for example, water hovercraft aren't drivable)
* vehicle upgrades are only for vehicle you start with; I ended up collecting car parts like crazy at the end with nothing to use them on and you can't even sell them for in-game currency
* only used BFG twice, at $700-800 in-game currency per shot, too expensive to actually enjoy using
* unsatisfying quasi-cliffhanger ending
* end boss used typical console-game-style boss with targets, etc. unlike all others

Overall, a nice distraction, but this is definitely a single run through game for me. I'll probably play through the rest of the DLC content when it's all available, but until then not nearly exciting enough to bother playing again.

If you use the default controls, you can use spacebar to do most things that require enter for what it's worth.

19. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 19:03 DrEvil

Frijoles wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 17:28:
I'm waiting for them to disable the damn UI interruptions. I don't care what my XP is with someone I haven't met.

This was my biggest complaint by far. I 100%'d the game as far as I know (all weapons, all side quests, all upgrades, etc.) after dumping about 40-50 hours into it. Don't exactly know how many hours since the Bethesda.net launcher and the game don't keep track (sigh).

The game makes a big deal about encouraging players to stay "in the flow" through overdrive and everything else but when push comes to shove it loves taking control from the player and splatting *multiple* near-full-screen showy xp, progress, whatever bars completely disrupting that flow. Even more annoying, when you play with Mouse+Keyboard, you have to use the enter key (as far as I can tell) to dismiss them. Game input scheme seems to be some weird hybrid of typical console game and PC.

Overall, here's my thoughts:

* generally great combat experience
* frequently confusing as hell navigation ("gps")
* boring, barely-existent story
* bizarre, disposable story locations only used once and then no reason to go back
* bizarre boss battle endings where boss corpse would just disappear immediately after end of fight
* vehicle control was bad enough when using Mouse+Keyboard that I often switched to my XBox Controller just for vehicles and then back for gameplay

Spoilery thoughts:

* frustrating vehicle experiences; game claims you can drive any vehicle, but then suddenly you can't (for example, water hovercraft aren't drivable)
* vehicle upgrades are only for vehicle you start with; I ended up collecting car parts like crazy at the end with nothing to use them on and you can't even sell them for in-game currency
* only used BFG twice, at $700-800 in-game currency per shot, too expensive to actually enjoy using
* unsatisfying quasi-cliffhanger ending
* end boss used typical console-game-style boss with targets, etc. unlike all others

Overall, a nice distraction, but this is definitely a single run through game for me. I'll probably play through the rest of the DLC content when it's all available, but until then not nearly exciting enough to bother playing again.

18. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 18:29 Drayth

I was just talking, not the game itself.  

17. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 18:22 Hoop

[quote="jdreyer"Jun 10, 2019, 17:46"22024

My bad sorry

Um .. Behind you...

16. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 18:17 The Half Elf

Just add Co-Op and I'm sold....  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

15. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 17:46 jdreyer

Hoop wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 14:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 14:19:
We experienced gamers are probably not the target for this kind of marketing. They're going for the kids with this kind of thing.
Totally disagree
The graphics on Ultra 1080p just leave me in awe.
Loving the game play.
Amazed at the motion capture fluid motion of enemy movement.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 17:28 Frijoles

13. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 17:08 Darks

Unless that road-map includes Coop, it can sit and spin, its boring and lackluster playing by yourself. Games like this are not fun playing solo.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 15:03 Leper

Maybe I will get this in a couple years after I've finished everything else above it on the play list, including Mad Max (which I don't currently own) and Doom (which I'm probably about halfway through). It keeps getting pushed down on the list though.  

11. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 15:00 CJ_Parker

Hoop wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 14:54:
We experienced gamers are probably not the target for this kind of marketing. They're going for the kids with this kind of thing.
Totally disagree
Loving the game play.

I don't think he meant physically "kids" but also the ones mentally still stuck in kiddie mode like the ones who are easily impressed by flashy trailers so...

10. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 14:59 Desalus

El Pit wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:16:
I would have already bought it but a looong backlog of games and the wait for a feature complete edition made me resist.

I wish companies would sell the game and add stuff later for free. This DLC nonsense and season and year passes just make me buy games later and cheaper.

I felt the same way until recently I realized that I don't even enjoy much of the DLC that is released for single player games. Most of it is tacked on side-quest/adventures that aren't even integrated into the main storyline. Once I finish the main storyline I find it difficult to care about anything extra that is inconsequential and not of any value to me finishing the main game.

9. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 14:54 Hoop

Totally disagree
Loving the game play.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 10, 2019, 14:33 4D-Boxing

Pepe wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:18:
I just finished this game and it was pretty lackluster, not sure I want or need new content. The story is even shorter then the one in the first game, granted you can spend several hours doing pointless side missions but those are even duller then the story missions.

I did not even get all the different weapons b4 the game ended, not that it would matter much, the AR and shotgun are all you need.

Well said! Played it on hard, because I read somewhere that was the only way to make it worth the money. Only realized we had perks for overdrive and all that after i finished it. Same with the whatever upgrades that increase damage and health from the freaky shop cyborg guy... The hardest part of the game was the that revive training ark training that was so buggy I was stuck there for an hour. Didn't used any of the abilities, just overdrive since it gave me some health the rare times i really needed it.

They were lucky I was craving a shooter and dropped the Division 2 once i got close to 500 and finished the single player. Sadly, I'm back to BFV. Sad gaming year for me.. I want to frag, but Battle Royal annoys me for some reason. Just give me load-out and let the best man win...

7. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 14:19 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:16:
I would have already bought it but a looong backlog of games and the wait for a feature complete edition made me resist.

I wish companies would sell the game and add stuff later for free. This DLC nonsense and season and year passes just make me buy games later and cheaper.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo