Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Gears of War 5 in September

The Escape Announce is the E3 2019 trailer for Gears of War 5, the next installment in the steroidal shooter series. Word is the game is due before the end of summer: "Destroy from within and escape with your lives in #GEARS5, launching September 10, 2019. Play four days early with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, playable on Xbox One and Windows 10." The Xbox website has details on the inclusion with the Game Pass, and details on preordering, either of which will earn you the Terminator Dark Fate Character Pack featuring Sarah Connor and the T-800 from the film, the Vector Lancer Skin, and 7 days of Boost. Word is:

From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever, with five thrilling modes and the deepest campaign yet. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 11, 2019, 18:15 HorrorScope

$5 for a month...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 11, 2019, 02:28 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:10:
Console garbage. Go away.

They still have the nauseating sprint camera which tilts and judders from 10+ years ago....

7. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 17:48 HoSpanky

maddog wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 16:47:
Meh, since moving to the LTSC version of Win 10 I haven't been able to play my old copy of GOW 4. Can't say I miss it.

All my Steam games run fine so I could care less.

Ah. I wonder if this is Rhett’s issue as well?

I recall people saying they couldn’t get Forza Horizon 3 working, constantly blaming the developer. In the end it turns out the users had disabled a huge part of win10 to avoid “Microsoft spying!”, and in the process broke how win10 games report issues and connect to their servers. So of course an always-on game wouldn’t run if it couldn’t talk to the servers, BUT rather than TELL users this, it would just drop back to the desktop.

A large part of UWP is...not telling you what went wrong. I assume that’s to make it harder for people to hack games and cheat, since PC users are now playing with Xbox users and Microsoft wants to keep their games as cheat-free as possible. Hard to blame them.

6. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 17:10 Darks

Rhett wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:34:
Can't wait to see how they fuck this one up, considering I and many others haven't been able to play GOW 4 on PC for the past year.

No idea what your problem is, but I just finished this a few moths ago Coop. Wasn't as good as the previous games, but it was ok.

This new one looks interesting, and its got 3 player Coop.

Anyone know if MS plans to release this on steam too?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 16:47 maddog

Meh, since moving to the LTSC version of Win 10 I haven't been able to play my old copy of GOW 4. Can't say I miss it.

All my Steam games run fine so I could care less.

4. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 15:14 Leper

Can't wait to see how they fuck this one up, considering I and many others haven't been able to play GOW 4 on PC for the past year.

Why not? I picked it up as part of the free trial for XBOX Game Pass for Windows last week. It's a good cover shooter with cool visuals/settings and a decent story so far. Nothing revolutionary but certainly far from garbage. No technical problems but I've got new hardware so maybe that helps.

3. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 15:11 HoSpanky

It stopped working? Like the whole thing? I’ll have to pull it down and see if it works for me. I had zero issues (admittedly, more than a year ago) playing through the campaign co-op. Was pretty fun, even if the new main characters aren’t as charismatic.

2. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 13:34 Rhett

1. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 13:10 CJ_Parker

Console garbage. Go away.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo