Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Blair Witch Game This Year

Bloober Team announces Blair Witch, a new video game coming to Windows and Xbox One on August 30th. This marks just over 20 years after the sensation of "found footage" horror classic The Blair Witch Project, or three years after the less successful third installment in the series. By our count this will be the fourth PC game based on the series, as Gathering of Developers released a trilogy of Blair Witch games around the turn of the millennium. A NSFW reveal trailer shows off what its description calls "a first-person, story-driven psychological horror game based on the cinematic lore of Blair Witch." Here's the announcement:

Grab your camcorder and run like hell! Today the Bloober Team, in partnership with global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), revealed Blair Witch, live from The Xbox E3 Briefing. From the masters of fright, this brand-new first-person psychological horror game will return players to the dreadful woods in an original story inspired by the iconic Blair Witch. Currently in development for the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and PC, Blair Witch is set to launch worldwide on August 30, 2019.

“We are so thrilled, and honestly a little scared, to bring all players, especially fans of Blair Witch, back into the haunted woods. It is genuinely an honor to be working on such a hair-raising, paradigmatic experience, which defined so many of our lives!” said Piotr Babieno, CEO at Bloober Team.

“The team at Bloober is made up of amazing storytellers. We were excited to give them the opportunity to craft an original narrative set in the iconic woods of Blair Witch,” said Daniel Engelhardt, Senior Vice President of Lionsgate Interactive Ventures & Games. “They’ve taken the evil hiding in the Black Hills Forest to a whole new level. Players should enter at their own risk.”

It’s 1996. A young boy disappears in the Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. As Ellis, a former police officer with a troubled past, you join the search. What starts as an ordinary investigation soon turns into an endless nightmare as you confront your fears and the Blair Witch, a mysterious force that haunts the woods.

From the creative minds behind the critically acclaimed Layers of Fear, experience first-hand the toll that fear can take on the mind in an original story. Blair Witch is a first-person psychological horror game that studies your reactions to danger and stress. Your darkest fears will awaken.

Set to release digitally on Xbox One and PC on August 30, 2019 for an MSRP of $29.99, Blair Witch can be pre-ordered now and will be also available through Xbox Game Pass upon release. The game is yet to be rated by the ESRB. More information about Blair Witch can be found by following and liking us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or visiting the official website, www.blairwitchgame.com.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Blair Witch Game This Year Jun 10, 2019, 14:11 SMITE

This actually seems to capture some of the essence of what made the original movie so scary. Also does a really good job of demonstrating how scary a wooded environment can seem. On my radar now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Blair Witch Game This Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:57 Bill Borre

Never played the BW games in the day but heard they weren't too good

lol. They were HARD. They were made with the Nocturne engine and that game was a bitch.

4. Re: Blair Witch Game This Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:34 El Pit

I absolutely love the first movie that totally worked for me. Everything after it (BW2 and the new BW2) were bad. Never played the BW games in the day but heard they weren't too good.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Blair Witch Game This Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:13 Verno

This was really surprising. I've been playing Undying recently so maybe I'm just in a horror game mood but I'm definitely interested!  

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

2. Re: Blair Witch Game This Year Jun 10, 2019, 10:40 MoonSpook

Drayth wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 10:18:
That... actually looked better than I was expecting...

I saw that comment a LOT on Twitter during/just after the reveal. Genuinely took a lot of people by surprise.

1. Re: Blair Witch Game This Year Jun 10, 2019, 10:18 Drayth

That... actually looked better than I was expecting...  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo