Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Halo Infinite Next Year

A new Discover Hope trailer is the E3 2019 presentation for Halo Infinite, the upcoming infinityth installment in the shooter series. The cinematic clip sets up the story of the new game by rebooting Master Chief and setting the stage for what's to follow. It also offers a release Window, saying to expect the game in the 2020 holiday season. Here's the description:

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite the next chapter of the legendary franchise launching holiday 2020 with Project Scarlett.

Developed by 343 Industries for Xbox One, Windows 10, and Project Scarlett, Halo Infinite continues the Halo 5: Guardians storyline and takes the franchise in ambitious, unexpected directions.

Powered by the all-new Slipspace Engine.

Learn more: https://www.xbox.com/games/halo-infinite

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 15:53 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 10:45:
Rigs wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:15:
A whole year and a half to wait...ugh. I hope that MCC comes out soon with REACH to keep me busy until then.

I don't know if you already know this, dude, but the MCC isn't just going to come out, ya know?

No, I know. In fact, I was one of the first group to sign up for REACH Flighting. Which is essentially betas. Well, I was in the first group but I wasn't one of the first to be picked. As long as I get to play something in the next few months, I'll be happy.

I don't get the hate for GFWL. Yeah, it was a piece of shit but so was STEAM in the early days, or have we forgotten whatta shit show that was? Any launcher is a pain in the ass but it seems to be increasingly necessary as the industry pivots to a 'live service' and then to a streaming service model. If you can't put up with a couple launchers then I suggest you grab a console.

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 12:36 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I figured getting a straight answer would be long odds. No worries.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 10:53 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:33:
Noticed the other day that the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" is supposedly coming to Steam. I might be interested in that, I see it would require an account on Xbox Live -- anything draconian about that?
Nope. Absolutely nothing is wrong with it as long as it's not related to Windows or Microsoft.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

9. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 10:45 CJ_Parker

Rigs wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:15:
A whole year and a half to wait...ugh. I hope that MCC comes out soon with REACH to keep me busy until then.

I don't know if you already know this, dude, but the MCC isn't just going to come out, ya know?

They are going to sloooowly finish one game after another and release it all piece by piece. The MCC isn't a singular release, it is a staggered release over a longer period of time. You can buy the games individually or the MCC.
I wouldn't even be sure that it will all come out in 2020 or even before that Infinite console crap comes out.

Me, I'm out. Too little, too late, Microsoft. And fuck your Xbox Live account requirement. After the GFWL fraud I am never again signing up for any MS gaming service. Fuck off.

8. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 10:30 CJ_Parker

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:33:
I see it would require an account on Xbox Live -- anything draconian about that?

It's a VERY DANGEROUS virus that can cause your brain AND your willy to shrink to a raisin's size! DO.NOT.TOUCH.IT.

You have been warned...

7. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 09:33 Mr. Tact

Noticed the other day that the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" is supposedly coming to Steam. I might be interested in that, I see it would require an account on Xbox Live -- anything draconian about that?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 09:15 Rigs

A whole year and a half to wait...ugh. I hope that MCC comes out soon with REACH to keep me busy until then. If you want a rundown of why everything in this trailer is fucking awesomesauce, check this out. It's starting to look like 2020 is going to be one helluva year for gaming! I can't be happier with where 343 are taking the franchise. After HALO5, I had lost hope. It felt like they'd lost their way. I didn't know how they were going to get out of the corner they'd painted themselves into, much like Mass Effect had done. So they did something unexpected, they went the 'soft reboot' route. I mean, I'm fucking over the moon with all the 'everything old is new again' aesthetic, I'm just super wary after HALO5...

=-Rigs-=

5. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 21:50 1badmf

is it just me or does chief's armor look like it's made of Styrofoam?  

4. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:28 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 12:17:
Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:19:
The lighting effects in this trailer are mesmerizing. As someone who's been trying out the RTX demos, I know ray tracing when I see it. This is the first glimpse of what the next gen of games will look like. Even though I couldn't give two shits about Halo, I'm super impressed.

It's odd... I thought the graphics didn't really look right. I thought Master Chief's suit looked flat, oddly colored and textured and almost cartoony. I had the same issue with the Star Wars game, though that is current gen. It's like something is missing in the texturing or something.

That's the problem with RTX, you can't have a blended reflection layer with specular or anisotropic values, everything you see is what the scene has, and it doesn't have a lot of directional lights... so you end up with bland surfaces that look like shit. It's a big issue if you ever do normal render stuff too because GI and global shadowing KILLS details and reflection hot-spots that you could previously control with local lights. For space-stuff I always disable GI for rendering because it gives you a lot less control and a lot less contrast..... *rant*

3. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:18 SirKnight

Oh good it's for PC too. It wasn't clear to me during the reveal that it was also for PC.  

2. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:17 MacLeod

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:19:
The lighting effects in this trailer are mesmerizing. As someone who's been trying out the RTX demos, I know ray tracing when I see it. This is the first glimpse of what the next gen of games will look like. Even though I couldn't give two shits about Halo, I'm super impressed.

It's odd... I thought the graphics didn't really look right. I thought Master Chief's suit looked flat, oddly colored and textured and almost cartoony. I had the same issue with the Star Wars game, though that is current gen. It's like something is missing in the texturing or something.

1. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 11:19 Slick

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo