Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year

Microsoft announces plans for a new installment of Microsoft Flight Simulator, saying their eponymous aerial series will take off once more in 2020. The website indicates this is coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One. There's not much more to go on for now besides the caption that the video was captured in real-time 4K, and the following description:
Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 17:44 jamiedj99

I hear the middle east has been waiting to get an updated version of this program for training purposes  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 20:15 jdreyer

SM0k3 wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 19:53:
please have VR support!!! Goodluck
No VR is a deal breaker.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 20:14 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 15:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 15:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 14:25:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 14:05:
Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 12:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 12:48:
However, I have very little hopes for this revival. How complex can a sim be that is being released on the Shitbox? Right.

That's it in a nutshell. If it's a console game it won't be a proper sim. Visuals are impressive though.

Lots of flight sims have an "instant action" mode as well as a "sim" mode. I imagine XBox users would tend toward the former while we HOTAS-owning PC grognards will play the latter.

Combine something like this with VR, and you have flight sim Nirvana.

I didn't see any combat jets though. Throw me an F-18 and let me practice carrier landings.

The one and only F-18 sim that anyone will ever need:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/hornet/

Yeah, I'm saving up for the F-14 module.

But I'd also like a single sim that would let me practice my 737 MAX takeoffs with MCAS enabled, as well as my carrier landings.

Haha OK, in that case you need to buy prepar3d v4.5 64-bit and wait for iFly to finish their 737 MAX (first half of 2020). Then grab this F-18 from VRS and have at it!

Sweet! Thanks!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 19:53 SM0k3

please have VR support!!! Goodluck  

11. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 15:57 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 15:36:
However, I have very little hopes for this revival. How complex can a sim be that is being released on the Shitbox? Right.

That's it in a nutshell. If it's a console game it won't be a proper sim. Visuals are impressive though.

Lots of flight sims have an "instant action" mode as well as a "sim" mode. I imagine XBox users would tend toward the former while we HOTAS-owning PC grognards will play the latter.

I didn't see any combat jets though. Throw me an F-18 and let me practice carrier landings.

But I'd also like a single sim that would let me practice my 737 MAX takeoffs with MCAS enabled, as well as my carrier landings.

Haha OK, in that case you need to buy prepar3d v4.5 64-bit and wait for iFly to finish their 737 MAX (first half of 2020). Then grab this F-18 from VRS and have at it!

10. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 15:36 jdreyer

9. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 14:25 CJ_Parker

8. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 14:05 jdreyer

7. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 13:01 Bumpy

I leaning towards agreeing with Parker.

To a hardcore sim fan, this news creates a million questions which need answering before any serious interest is generated.

6. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:59 Cutter

5. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:48 CJ_Parker

This is definitely the first real surprise announcement in a long time from E3.

Besides, Flight Simulator is nothing without the 3d party support and there hasn't been a bleep on that yet. Most 3rd party flight sim devs got their hands full with stuff for prepar3d and X-Plane 11. Most people have thousand of $$$ tied up in add-ons for prepar3d, XP11 and classic MSFS. Where will this new MSFS fit in?

It seems to me that this will be a very half-assed revival along the lines of Flight Sim World, i.e. a casual entry level sim for consoles just to have another exclusive that Sony will NOT have.

I doubt that they will seriously develop it further and bring MSFS back to its former glory as the no. 1 sim with thousands of 3rd party add-ons from casual to study level. If they prove me wrong: Awesome.

4. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:14 Verno

Hell yeah! My brother and I spent years figuring out Flight Simulator, this is going to be a nostalgia ride.  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

3. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 12:14 SirKnight

This is awesome news. I've been playing MS Flight Sim since version 5.0 for DOS. I hope though that the PC version is still just as hardcore a sim as it always was and not dumbed down due to it also being available for the xbox one.

It's also cool that both versions will be avaialble at launch with Game Pass. I just upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate so I'm ready to go! I'll definitely check it out on the xbox one x since it'll look amazing on my large 4K TV, but I suspect I'll spend way more time with the PC version. Maybe by then I'll have upgraded my monitor.

2. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 10:56 StaTik

Yes! Love the flight sims.
There was rumors of MS merging FS and train sim back in the day. Wonder if that's back in the works with this new engine.

1. Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Year Jun 10, 2019, 10:29 McTurbo

damn, that's gorgeous.. can't help but think when the technology gets to the point where we are combining engines. imagine this as GTA 6 if you could run around on the ground too

Looking forward to the next few years of games.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >