Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2019, 22:05 phinn

"Pre-download" what a bunch of nonsense there is nothing to 'download' the game is a year away and completely unfinished.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2019, 10:21 VoodooV

Consumers would actually have to exercise discipline for that to happen and not pre-order and actually put their money where their mouths are. How many people say they aren't going to pre-order or boycott a company, only to renege the instant some new shiny comes along.

Businesses only do what they know they can get away with and right now, they know they can get away with this practice because consumers allow it.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 14:38 CJ_Parker

Desalus wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:00:
Oh well, I guess I can still wait for a deep sale on the Cyberpunk GOTY to give them as little appreciation as possible.

So, no different than any other game for you then? It's really hard for me to understand people who endlessly complain about a hobby they invest so much time in. Try being positive for once...it might actually feel good for a change.

I would be 100% in a very positive mood and even preorder if CD Projekt announced that Cyberpunk will be released in April 2020, that it will get a few bugfix patches but that they will otherwise leave it alone until the first expansion which will be an additional self-contained post-campaign adventure that does not enhance/alter the original game.

That would be nice. But that is not what is gonna happen. What is gonna happen is that this will be another GaaS with a plethora of free DLCs, many, many, many patches including not just bugfixes but also content and features and then full-fledged expansions that might enhance the original game world in a way that you wish you would have waited for them to be included on your first ever playthrough.

Look, I have little doubt that Cyberpunk is going to be a fine game (though no gameplay being shown at E3 is suspicious as fuck) but I hate this modern GaaS crap. It sucks. I don't want to spoil my gaming experience by playing an inferior half-assed, buggy release version.
Gimme the real deal on release day. No fucking around. No (free) DLC, no feature & content patches... just the full game in a decent state with a few non-critical bugs that will be cleaned up via a v1.1 and v1.2 patch post-release.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 13:35 Desalus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:00:
Oh well, I guess I can still wait for a deep sale on the Cyberpunk GOTY to give them as little appreciation as possible.

So, no different than any other game for you then? It's really hard for me to understand people who endlessly complain about a hobby they invest so much time in. Try being positive for once...it might actually feel good for a change.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 13:00 CJ_Parker

Really sad to see CD Projekt getting in bed with fucking Microsoft again. This would usually mean a full boycott but even I am too weak for that when it comes to CDP.

The Microsoft butt-kissing is really disgusting. Don't they have any honor or integrity?
'twas the same for The Witcher 3 where they sold out for the CE. The Xbone CE had the most goodies because CD Projekt gladly accepted MS bribes. Yuck. Really appalling...

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 12:18 Verno

I was really...whelmed by the announcements. Their big hitters weren't there at all and people were expecting some new AAA IP that never materialized. Also their controllers have a bad tendency to develop stick drift so there's no way I'm dropping $100+ on an Elite until they can confirm they've fixed that.

The big star of the show is their subscription stuff but I prefer to own my games so for me it was much ado about nothing. I buy consoles for exclusives so I will sit the Xbox effort out until the mid-cycle hardware refresh. Sony has grudgingly won my dollars with their stellar library of exclusives.

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 12:00 Desalus

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:12:
The Xbox Presentation was really well done, for anyone that didn't catch it, I'd recommend just watching it in it's entirety.

I concur, it was a great presentation. There were so many previously unannounced games shown off I can't even remember them all. Keanu Reeves and Tim Schafer also provided a good laugh.

Also, I was very happy to hear that Game Pass Ultimate includes their all new PC games library as well. Game Pass Ultimate is a such a good deal considering how many games are available to play and all of Microsoft's games are available to play on day one of release (unlike EA/Origin Access). I'm not one to buy consoles on release day, but considering how much value I've gotten out of Game Pass, I'm planning to buy the next generation of Xbox in 2020.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 11:12 Slick

The Xbox Presentation was really well done, for anyone that didn't catch it, I'd recommend just watching it in it's entirety.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo