Here are five points to consider.
1. Based on the hour-long gameplay trailer a few months back, this trailer shows one possible outcome that has deadly consequences.
2. Johnny Mnemonic came out in 1995. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out on the 25th anniversary of that film.
3. William Gibson wrote Johnny Mnemonic's screenplay based on a short story by Gibson of the same name. It was, as far as I know, the first, big budget film entirely devoted to the cyberpunk genre.
4. Cyberpunk 2077 will be Keanu Reeve's fifth cyberpunk project giving him the honor of having starred in more cyberpunk entertainment projects than any other actor. Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Terminator series doesn't count since Terminator falls under the tech noir genre.
5. Keanu Reeves has more characters with the name John or variations of John than any other actor: Johnny Utah (Point Break), Jonathan Harker (Bram Stoker's Dracula), Don John (Much Ado About Nothing), Johnny Mnemonic, John Constantine (Constantine), John (Generation Um), John Wick, Johnny Silverhand (Cyberpunk 2077)
Bonus point: Don't preorder on hype. Remember No Man's Sky? Remember Fallout 76?
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf