Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Cyberpunk 2077 Date

The official E3 2019 cinematic trailer (NSFW) for Cyberpunk 2077 is online, revealing an April 16, 2020 release date for CD Projekt RED's highly anticipated sci-fi RPG, confirming a recent report the game will come next year. In an unexpected twist, the clip concludes revealing that the game will include the voice and likeness of a Hollywood star quite well known for his starring role in a cyberpunk film trilogy of his own (we won't spoil it further than we have already). Here's word:

Mark your calendars Cyberpunk 2077, the open-world, action-adventure story from CD PROJEKT RED, is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC April 16th, 2020.

Pre-order now: https://www.cyberpunk.net/pre-order

About Cyberpunk 2077:
In the most dangerous megacity of the future, the real you is not enough. Become V, a cyber-enhanced mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant the key to immortality. Customize your cyberware and skillset, and explore a vast city of the future obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. The choices you make will determine the story and shape the world around you.

View
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

26. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 02:02 jdreyer

Overon wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 23:12:
Now that the date has been announced those poor cd projekt red workers are going to be crunched to death during the "crunch" period.

"cock sucking attention damnit"

Dialogue designed for teenagers so it "adult." A more appropriate line would be "fucking attention god damnit" That would be a more reasonable line.

1. It's set in the future. Languages change

2. They're a Polish studio...

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 00:49 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:03:
WTF this game looks more awesome every time I see a video of it! Of course this is all cutscene, but still, the universe they've created/built upon looks great!

Also, how much fucking money has CD Projekt RED spent on this game? Keanu as one of the voice actors +whatever it costs for his likeness? Ugh, it's cool, but that was probably 20million of their budget right there...

Preorder a year ahead, is major cashflow.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

24. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 00:11 Tipsy McStagger

Ugh.. usually a hype train like this smells of shitty product.

BUT I'M FULL FUCKING PRE-ORDER BABY!!!

Make or break for CD Projekt time.. if they deliver a witcher 3 type experience then they are deemed the new king of video games (So long blizzard)

23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 23:37 Leper

This game is on the verge of going off the rails on the hype train. Did they really need Keanu Reeves to sell it? I'm sure it'll be good, but this is getting ridiculous.  

22. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 23:17 Task

:-O  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

21. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 23:12 Overon

Now that the date has been announced those poor cd projekt red workers are going to be crunched to death during the "crunch" period.

"cock sucking attention damnit"

Dialogue designed for teenagers so it "adult." A more appropriate line would be "fucking attention god damnit" That would be a more reasonable line.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2019, 23:39.

20. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 22:35 Qbex .

So Keanu is Johnny Silverhand in this.
I like it, can't think of a better suited character than flipping J Mnemonic himself

19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 22:25 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 22:08:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:03:
I only care about the release date of the GOTY. I'm not playing CD Projekt's half-assed buggy release garbage.

Oh, and how many silly free DLCs this time? 77? Spread over what? 11 weeks so 7 free DLCs per week? Yay, yay, yay! So awesome... not.

Oh you'll play it at release alright. You'll play and love it and you know it! Everyone is going day one on this. Probably pre-launch CE edition. If this thing is half as good as it looks it'll, once again, redefine video gaming.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

I was a huge fan of The Witcher games but still held off on the third game until there was a GOTY. I'm not playing unfinished games as a service titles. Period. I play games when they are done.

Besides, I'm not a huge fan of Cyberpunk anyway. The whole implant business stuff with its corporate conspiracy bullshit leaves me pretty cold in general. If this wasn't a game by CD Projekt I wouldn't even follow its news.

If it were my call then I'd rather see them fill the void left behind by Mass Effect. I'd much prefer a proper epic space opera. The Witcher in space. That would be much cooler than Cyberpunk in my opinion.
I'll still get Cyberpunk at some point but like The Witcher 3 it will be the GOTY for 30 one day. I can wait. Easily.

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 22:08 Cutter

I only care about the release date of the GOTY. I'm not playing CD Projekt's half-assed buggy release garbage.

Oh, and how many silly free DLCs this time? 77? Spread over what? 11 weeks so 7 free DLCs per week? Yay, yay, yay! So awesome... not.

Oh you'll play it at release alright. You'll play and love it and you know it! Everyone is going day one on this. Probably pre-launch CE edition. If this thing is half as good as it looks it'll, once again, redefine video gaming.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

17. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 22:06 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 21:58:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:13:
Truth be told, I was completely cold to this game's idea the moment they announced it knowing it meant that The Witcher serie was put on hold and I loved the third so much.

You...you did FINISH the third Witcher game, yeah? Specifically, Blood and Wine? Why do you think there's going to be another?

Because it's too popular not to do more Witcher stuff? That marked the end of Geralt's career but it doesn't mean they can't do stuff from earlier on his life. I for one want more Witcher too. And if the Witcher TV series ends up good - and it should - people will demand more.

I'd really like to see one that doesn't even have Garett but goes back to a time when the Witchers were very popular and had all the different schools. That would be tits.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

16. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:58 HoSpanky

Simon Says wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:13:
Truth be told, I was completely cold to this game's idea the moment they announced it knowing it meant that The Witcher serie was put on hold and I loved the third so much.

You...you did FINISH the third Witcher game, yeah? Specifically, Blood and Wine? Why do you think there's going to be another?

15. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:55 Primalchrome

Reeves was also in Johnny Mnenonic before the Matrix....which has much more distinguished OG Cyberpunk roots.  

14. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:53 Qbex .

This Is Beautiful
I'm getting that sweet sweet collectors edition and booking a week of work on release.

13. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:38 Nate

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:05:
Release Date is right around the corner
Awesomesauce

Its releasing in April 16th, 2020. Right around the corner?

12. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:25 KezClone

LOL

11. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:10 jdreyer

WTF this game looks more awesome every time I see a video of it! Of course this is all cutscene, but still, the universe they've created/built upon looks great!

Also, how much fucking money has CD Projekt RED spent on this game? Keanu as one of the voice actors +whatever it costs for his likeness? Ugh, it's cool, but that was probably 20million of their budget right there...

Yeah, but imagine if they had gotten Keanu's likeness for Geralt in The Witcher 3, how much better it would have been. Like, whoa dude, 100% better.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 20:39 The Half Elf

First things first.... Nude Mod for the Cinematic cause... WOOF! Secondly, OH.... FUCK..... YEAH.
Thirdly.... fuck I need to finish Witcher 3.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 20:32 Kxmode

the universe they've created/built upon looks great!

They didn't create the universe. Mike Pondsmith created the Cyberpunk universe, and it had its initial release in 1988 as a pen and paper RPG. Unlike Witcher series author Andrzej Sapkowski, Mike was very involved in the game's creation. He was at the initial press event talking about what he and CDPR wanted to do with the game and how close to source material it would be.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 20:30 Kxmode

Excellent!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 20:13 Simon Says

But the more they show of it, the more they seem to be winning me over.

Expectations still low, but looking forward to it.

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo