Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Sunday Interviews

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Sunday Interviews Jun 10, 2019, 19:22 The_Pink_Tiger

Don't forget: no more mods that extend the life of a game. People playing old games have less need for new ones, after all.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Sunday Interviews Jun 10, 2019, 09:41 BIGtrouble77

The reality is that I'm just going to continue moving away from AAA titles as time goes on. I'm already starting to do that as I almost always prefer Indie games, but it is a little sad the industry has come to this.  

1. Re: Sunday Interviews Jun 10, 2019, 03:15 Mordhaus

Almost every gaming company has to be salivating profusely over Stadia and it's competitors. For the same reason that they have been pushing downloading games vs buying the game on media.

You can't trade in a download. You might be able to do a limited share to a friend, but you don't actually own the game. You rented it like most online only games are 'purchased'.

No more gamestop, no more pawnshops or craigslist ads, gaming companies own your contact with the game. They have been doing their best to bring something like this about for YEARS. Like DLC that can only be ran on the original registered copy, not the resold one. Blocking online functions if you aren't the original tagged owner. Pushing to move games to the 'games as a service' model.

The first thing to remember is that if gaming news makes corporate suits super happy, it means that it most always is in their benefit vs yours. You are simply a sponge that they want to wring every drop from.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo