Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 10, 2019, 06:42 Nimh

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 16:52:
Here's what I want, a decent non-snooping email along with a good browser for a fee. I'd think that would be a selling point. It does not need to be something that competes with Proton Mail. Just something that doesn't hoover your data while simultaneously serving up ads.
Current web-based email programs (yahoo/gmail) suck ass.

So basically Apple?

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 10, 2019, 02:41 Armengar

Juat host your own email. Use squirrel mail as a web client, thunderbird as desktop client and firefox as your browser.

Works for me.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 9, 2019, 19:26 MeanJim

Here's what I want, a decent non-snooping email along with a good browser for a fee. I'd think that would be a selling point. It does not need to be something that competes with Proton Mail. Just something that doesn't hoover your data while simultaneously serving up ads.

I doubt it would sell enough to sustain itself. Most people want free shit and they don't care about giving up their privacy to get it. I was in the grocery store last week. They have some new smart phone app that if you use, you get a free item every week. I was behind a woman and overheard the cashier telling the woman about the app. She was eager to sign up for it, saying "I'll do anything for free stuff." When I got to the cashier and she asked me if I had their app, I held up my old ass flip phone and said "I don't think your app works on my phone."

As for web based email, I never liked them. I use Thunderbird with two Gmail accounts. It doesn't stop Google from "hoovering" data, but I don't see ads.

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 9, 2019, 18:23 eRe4s3r

I actually agree with that, it needs to tie into the browser and possibly even act as an extension. Then Firefox would tie users to the browser AND we could have a proper non-commercial email service.

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 9, 2019, 16:52 RedEye9

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >