Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage

The promised presentation of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is complete, which involved a lot of screaming, along with some information. EA also showed off 15 minutes of uncut gameplay footage from this third-person, single-player action/adventure that's set after the execution of Order 66 that wiped out most of the Jedi in Star Wars Episode 3 (the video also includes a humorous "at least we have the high ground" reference). This shows your character doing Star Wars stuff as well as some more commonplace adventuring like Tarzan swinging on vines and using your lightsaber as a flashlight. Never fear, it also features combat where you use it as a weapon, along with various Force powers, aided by a droid/backpack. Respawn's Vince Zampella and Stig Asmussen also answered questions about gameplay, perhaps most significantly saying this game will not tempt you to the dark side, and protagonist Cal Kestis will remain a good guy throughout.

View : : :
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  3  ] Newer

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
Jun 8, 2019, 13:34
Cutter

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 13:34
Jun 8, 2019, 13:34
 Cutter

Bleh. Could it be anymore on rails? Totes linear arcade game. Pass.
"Well, he’s not a villain Summer, but he shouldn’t be your hero. He’s more like a demon, or a super fucked up god." - Morty Smith

Jun 8, 2019, 13:38
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 13:38
Jun 8, 2019, 13:38

Nice, looked cool. Finally another Jedi Knight game, which the combat looked VERY similar to.

Jun 8, 2019, 13:57
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 13:57
Jun 8, 2019, 13:57

Looks like a tween-rated version of Force Unleashed. 'Perky' robot side-kick? check. Zero intelligence force power 'puzzles'? check. Minimal violence? check. Retarded enemies? check. 10 troopers in one room are slaughtered, move to the next room and everyone is standing about obliviously like they're waiting for a bus.

It's also always a great sign when the level design shoe horns in enemy encounters. It's a massive mining facility, yet somehow it's overrun with 'fire beetles' and some sort of bug creatures that 'The Empire (or whatever they're called now)' hadn't managed to clean out, yet had still managed to erect the entire edifice.

Formulaic rubbish with some quite nice graphics.

Jun 8, 2019, 14:02
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 14:02
Jun 8, 2019, 14:02

It looks cool but yeah the linearity looks really restrictive and like a game type from another era.

Jun 8, 2019, 14:25
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 14:25
Jun 8, 2019, 14:25

The one redeeming quality so far looks like the combat. Looks like it could be a good step towards Jedi Knight 2-level multiplayer combat?!

Jun 8, 2019, 14:52
Jivaro

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 14:52
Jun 8, 2019, 14:52
 Jivaro

I think when it comes to a huge brand like Star Wars I can kinda understand the lowest-common-denominator type gameplay. In fact I can understand that attitude in any real time action game they make with the Star Wars name. It is a mainstream franchise, it makes sense. I just wish they would put time into making something besides that as well. I feel like they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Jun 8, 2019, 15:06
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:06
Jun 8, 2019, 15:06

Nothing about it looked cool. Saber Combat looked boring as hell. I'll grab it if I still have my EA Pass when it comes out.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Jun 8, 2019, 15:23
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:23
Jun 8, 2019, 15:23

Looked good until the wall running then FACEPALM.

-Remove wall running, this isn't Prince of Persia.
-Same for the mid air jump, this isn't Samus/Metroid -_-.
-Slowing down time? This was never a force power.
-No dismemberment, I know it's an alpha, but without it sabers just look ridiculous.
-Wielding the saber like it had a lot of weight, like a sword, this thing is LIGHT, NOT HEAVY. Swinging it like a heavy sword VS non-sword wielding opponents is counterproductive.
-Mashing buttons to free yourself...?

Who is in charge of this mess? It's like someone who don't even know what Star Wars is, or had a very faint idea, had a checklist of "cool stuff bruh" he wanted in a game and just got'em in, never wondering if it fit the vast already plenty rich lore... Such a lack of creativity to do something new with existing tools, nah, let's just F the lore with new tools instead that have no part of the rich lore.

Jun 8, 2019, 15:38
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:38
Jun 8, 2019, 15:38

I almost threw up in my mouth. This is the on rails shit that started the downfall of AAA gaming quality years ago.

Star Wars is dead to me. I was a fan a long time ago but the oldest movies aged like ripe zucchini and is now a stinking pile of mush. All the new Star War movies are pure garbage except for -- maybe -- that third part with Annakin turning crazy with the lava and shit.

I'll get this on a deep sale, to kill time -- the six hours I'll get out of it.

Jun 8, 2019, 15:39
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:39
Jun 8, 2019, 15:39

Who is in charge of this mess? It's like someone who don't even know what Star Wars is, or had a very faint idea, had a checklist of "cool stuff bruh" he wanted in a game and just got'em in, never wondering if it fit the vast already plenty rich lore... Such a lack of creativity to do something new with existing tools, nah, let's just F the lore with new tools instead that have no part of the rich lore.

For someone who says "lore" a lot it feels like you've never really watched the movies.

Jun 8, 2019, 15:40
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:40
Jun 8, 2019, 15:40

Simon Says wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 15:23:
Looked good until the wall running then FACEPALM.

-Remove wall running, this isn't Prince of Persia.
-Same for the mid air jump, this isn't Samus/Metroid -_-.
-Slowing down time? This was never a force power.
-No dismemberment, I know it's an alpha, but without it sabers just look ridiculous.
-Wielding the saber like it had a lot of weight, like a sword, this thing is LIGHT, NOT HEAVY. Swinging it like a heavy sword VS non-sword wielding opponents is counterproductive.
-Mashing buttons to free yourself...?

Can't you see, they're adding to the pre-existing lore. Wink

But at least the enemies patiently waited for their turn to be cut-down by your claymore saber.

Game looks like it would run great on mobile.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Jun 8, 2019, 15:42
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:42
Jun 8, 2019, 15:42

I agree it's looking kinda meh, but all of those abilities certainly are reasonable Force powers. You don't slow time, you move incredibly fast (didn't have the sound on, but looked like he might have just been restricting the movement of that spinning platform). And if you can levitate a starship, you can definitely levitate yourself.

As for dismemberment, such violence is a huge factor for the game's rating, no way they'll have it if they're going for a T. The older Jedi Knight games didn't have it either unless you activated a cheat code, and in a post-Hot Coffee world, that won't happen. At best you might see a separate DLC purchase for it, like how they do with blood effects in Total War.

Jun 8, 2019, 16:00
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 16:00
Jun 8, 2019, 16:00

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 13:34:
Bleh. Could it be anymore on rails? Totes linear arcade game. Pass.

^ this

+ the main character looks like a really stupid hipster kiddie
+ ... and he moves/"runs" like he shat his pants BIG time
+ super-annoying droid sidekick
+ why the fuck did they include jump & run wallrunning bullshit again?
+ gameplay looks underwhelming and repetitive as fuck
+ even the graphics aren't all that spiffy

The final nail in the coffin...

"Press A to start your journey"

^ Holy fucking shit. The Jedi Knight games are flipping in their graves like hamburgers over a bonfire.

Conclusion: Retarded casual console game for kiddies confirmed.

Jun 8, 2019, 16:57
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 16:57
Jun 8, 2019, 16:57

Lego Star Wars without the lego kitsch

Jun 8, 2019, 17:37
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 17:37
Jun 8, 2019, 17:37

Bad. Just bad. All the reasons were already named here.
I didnt know it was an EA game until I saw the footage, then I said to myself "this is an EA game, I bet", looked over, and yepped.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jun 8, 2019, 17:50
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 17:50
Jun 8, 2019, 17:50

This looked extremely bad to me on all fronts. Maybe if you're a diehard Star Wars fan you might enjoy this... It just looked so mediocre and soulless.

Jun 8, 2019, 17:55
Slick

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 17:55
Jun 8, 2019, 17:55
 Slick

Seems unfinished, but it's Respawn, i have hope. SP campaign for Titanfall 2 was simply incredible. On the surface this doesn't seem to hold a candle to it, but again, looks unfinished.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jun 8, 2019, 18:26
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 18:26
Jun 8, 2019, 18:26

Looks alright. Not a huge fan of third person games. If they let you switch to first person, I'll check it out. As others mentioned: wait for sale.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 8, 2019, 18:36
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 18:36
Jun 8, 2019, 18:36

Midnight wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 15:39:
For someone who says "lore" a lot it feels like you've never really watched the movies.

Would you kindly point me where exactly in the movies ( which movie and timestamp ) there is:

-Wall running
-Force slow down time ( it's not because they can move extremely fast, they could only RUN fast, not anything else in the movies )
-Mid air jumps
-Sabers just burning, not cutting limbs even tho they went right through
-Need for force vs speed versus enemies that can't deflect and/or block incoming hits
-Button mashing

Please enlighten me oh wise one.

Jun 8, 2019, 18:44
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 18:44
Jun 8, 2019, 18:44

Simon Says wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 18:36:
Midnight wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 15:39:

Would you kindly point me where exactly in the movies ( which movie and timestamp ) there is:

-Wall running
-Force slow down time ( it's not because they can move extremely fast, they could only RUN fast, not anything else in the movies )
-Mid air jumps
-Sabers just burning, not cutting limbs even tho they went right through
-Need for force vs speed versus enemies that can't deflect and/or block incoming hits
-Button mashing

Please enlighten me oh wise one.
I distinctly remember Jabba the Hutt's mid-air wall running scenes.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  3  ] Newer