Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

It's been quite hot around here the past couple of days. As a skinny guy, I prefer hot to cold, but I'm not so nuts that I like it when it's scorching, so this is about as much as I can take before it's too much. But it still being early June, this serves as an ominous reminder that, to riff on Game of Thrones, summer is coming. Here's hoping it doesn't involve the Day King and red walkers.

R.I.P.: Spanish Horror Pioneer Narciso ‘Chicho’ Ibáñez Serrador Dies At 83.

Summery Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Russia Plans Rival "Chernobyl" Project.
To stop virus, California has euthanized more than 1.2 million birds. Is it reckless or necessary?
Science: NASA is opening the ISS to commercial business and more private astronauts.
Images: Robin Williams playing Ground Zero: Texas on the Sega CD, 1993.
Media: Alt F4 (NSFW).
Hyperboloids.
Under Water Rodeo.
The Funnies: Website Suggestions - Dilbert.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 9, 2019, 14:22 RedEye9

Drath71 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 14:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 12:36:
Drath71 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 12:00:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 18:55:
Look what happens when you have a 4.0 GPA and are Valedictorian
A Conversation With The California Valedictorian Whose Mic Was Cut
here's another one
Texas Valedictorian Says Her Speech Was Cut

Remember, keep it short, thank your teachers, say nothing of importance and don't forget to point to the sky and thank the big man upstairs. Anything else is just ludicrous.

Ridiculous, but whatever fits the narrative pattern these days eh?

Lots of people have had their speeches censored, but honestly, our shock/horror and mock moral outrage at this is very selective. I doubt NPR even mentioned a peep about Christians who were censored.

I don't know, but nothing is stopping you from linking to High School Valedictorians who have had the mic cut off in the middle of their graduation speech because they were Christian.
Just to keep it on the same playing field please provide links for 2 graduates who have had this happen to them in the last 5 years.

edit
Faux Noise also reported on the above mic cuts.
Dallas valedictorian says high school cut her mic for naming police shooting victims in graduation speech

Valedictorian's graduation speech cut off after she brought up sexual assaults on campus

Trust me, I cleared my browsing history afterwards except for my fear of wicker furniture, my desire to play the trumpet, my tentative plans to purchase a hat, six years of improv workshops and 2 girls 1 cup.

First, I personally don't think a public event that people go to is the appropriate place to voice our own crusades, agendas, or ideologies. I don't go to a graduation to hear what each person up there things about the climate, Trump, aliens or whatever. But that's my own opinion.

But here:
School censors valedictorian's religious speech
Student's Valedictorian Speech Censored

It happens. I'm sure some people will criticize the sources, but one explanation is that yeah, it's what people have been saying all along. You won't hear about these "injustices" from media with a certain bias. Or if you do, it won't be with the same outrage or sense of urgency.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. People justify what they want, people on all sides. But I find it interesting that these articles showed up on Fox news, I wonder if NPR or other leftist outlets gave the same attention to stories like I linked?
You managed to pack lot's of fail into that post and yet nothing that fit my criteria, impressive.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/ .. Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/ .. Factual Reporting: MIXED
Climb back into that bubble, it's nice out here without you.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 9, 2019, 14:10 Drath71

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 12:36:
here's another one

Remember, keep it short, thank your teachers, say nothing of importance and don't forget to point to the sky and thank the big man upstairs. Anything else is just ludicrous.

Lots of people have had their speeches censored, but honestly, our shock/horror and mock moral outrage at this is very selective. I doubt NPR even mentioned a peep about Christians who were censored.

I don't know, but nothing is stopping you from linking to High School Valedictorians who have had the mic cut off in the middle of their graduation speech because they were Christian.
Just to keep it on the same playing field please provide links for 2 graduates who have had this happen to them in the last 5 years.

edit
Dallas valedictorian says high school cut her mic for naming police shooting victims in graduation speech

Valedictorian's graduation speech cut off after she brought up sexual assaults on campus

Trust me, I cleared my browsing history afterwards except for my fear of wicker furniture, my desire to play the trumpet, my tentative plans to purchase a hat, six years of improv workshops and 2 girls 1 cup.

First, I personally don't think a public event that people go to is the appropriate place to voice our own crusades, agendas, or ideologies. I don't go to a graduation to hear what each person up there things about the climate, Trump, aliens or whatever. But that's my own opinion.

But here:
School censors valedictorian's religious speech
Student's Valedictorian Speech Censored

It happens. I'm sure some people will criticize the sources, but one explanation is that yeah, it's what people have been saying all along. You won't hear about these "injustices" from media with a certain bias. Or if you do, it won't be with the same outrage or sense of urgency.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. People justify what they want, people on all sides. But I find it interesting that these articles showed up on Fox news, I wonder if NPR or other leftist outlets gave the same attention to stories like I linked?

16. Re: Out of the Blue "It's A Trap" Jun 9, 2019, 12:36 RedEye9

here's another one

edit

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2019, 13:48.

15. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 9, 2019, 12:00 Drath71

here's another one

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2019, 02:28 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 22:24:
I have returned from my 10 day trek up in to the Great White North. What'd I miss?

Take off. It's a beauty way to go.

We had a lovely chat about the Quake II RTX version developed and released for free by NVidia.

Also, there was good chat about Baldur's Gate 3.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2019, 02:20 jdreyer

here's another one

If you're going to go off script, you have to bring your own bullhorn like Cartman.

My daughter has a 4.2 GPA and could end up being class valedictorian when she graduates next year, so I'll have to let her know about this crap. Singer

Those high school administrators never heard of the Streisand Effect apparently. Cutting off the mic lead those two students to have a national platform thanks to NPR.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 23:52 SunnyD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 18:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 14:03:
You wanna know what's worse than euthanizing a few chickens.
Mandatory rabies shots for dogs, what type of cruel society have we become.

I didn't give my dog the rabies shot, cuz I didn't want him to get canine autism.

Anyone wanna bet that the pooch is also a Flat-Earther?

~Finis~

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 23:06 Mr. Tact

Nothing worth repeating...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 22:24 Burrito of Peace

I have returned from my 10 day trek up in to the Great White North. What'd I miss?  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 18:55 RedEye9

here's another one

8. Re: Morning Patches Jun 8, 2019, 18:48 RedEye9

TheBigVlad wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 18:45:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 13:41:
The CIA spy was also present when they hid the scientist's report of what could go wrong with the RBMK reactor because of the way it was designed.
The CIA spy was present during the planning of the failed test.
The CIA spy was EVERYWHERE.

https://www.oecd-nea.org/rp/chernobyl/c01.html

Last week I stepped on a tack barefoot while getting out of bed. It must have been planted there by the CIA.

In all seriousness though, the US has had plenty of scandals that Russia could turn into a movie/series to make us look bad, but to pretend we had anything to do with Chernobyl is quite silly.
Expect 2 tacks tomorrow and your fluoride toothpaste will be replaced with non-fluoride toothpaste.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 18:47 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 14:03:

I didn't give my dog the rabies shot, cuz I didn't want him to get canine autism.

6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 8, 2019, 18:45 TheBigVlad

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 13:41:
The CIA spy was also present when they hid the scientist's report of what could go wrong with the RBMK reactor because of the way it was designed.

Last week I stepped on a tack barefoot while getting out of bed. It must have been planted there by the CIA.

In all seriousness though, the US has had plenty of scandals that Russia could turn into a movie/series to make us look bad, but to pretend we had anything to do with Chernobyl is quite silly.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 17:29 Kxmode

Feel good story! Man tears for 29 minutes. Such an inspiration. Worth a watch.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 14:42 El Pit

Just saw that Ubisoft games are available over at Epic Games including Division 2. Is this news? Don't know for sure. Ubi seems to go with Epic instead of Steam now because they can keep more money money money.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 14:03 RedEye9

2. positive void coefficient & xenon core poisoning and more Jun 8, 2019, 13:41 RedEye9

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 13:39 Cutter

Yay for the little octopus. Always nice to see the underdog pull one off.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo