Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out

Grinding Gear Games announces the release of Legion, the newest expansion for Path of Exile, their free-to-play action/RPG. This is out for the Windows edition, while the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 editions of the add-on are expected on Monday. All you need to know about Legion is located on this page where there's this trailer showing it off with some accompanying developer commentary. Here's a handy summary:

Trapped for thousands of years in the Domain of Timeless Conflict, Wraeclast's mightiest military leaders have been fighting an eternal war. In Path of Exile: Legion, you'll set free their legions and battle them to earn valuable rewards.

Additionally in this latest expansion, Grinding Gear Games has created an entirely new melee combat experience. All melee attacks now hit multiple enemies, and all movement skills are now instant, with additional movement and dodging skills added to various classes.

Legion also introduces a few new character archtypes: the Blood and Sand Gladiator and the Rage Berserker. The Blood and Sand Gladiator can switch between Blood Stance and Sand Stance - Blood causing massive damage to multiple enemies at once and Sand providing the character with better defense. The new Rage Berserker introduces skills that generate or consume rage with certain attacks improving movement speed and attack damage.

Path of Exile Key Features Include:

• Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
  • A dark and deep action RPG
  • Unlimited character combinations with the game's gigantic skill tree
  • Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
  • Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
  • Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
  • Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
  • Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
  • Ascend online ladders in every game mode

View
6. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 15:59 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 15:20:
Hated the melee combat in this game so kinda interested in checking out the overhaul. The graphical overhaul is in the next major version I think but that should be good too, its my biggest complaint with the game. Everything just feels chunky, stiff and poorly animated. If they can polish it and maybe increase league length a bit then it will be perfect.

My dream of a perfect 4.0 is for them to say they're ditching the shitty engine it's built on in favor of something which feels like it's made in this decade. Even Diablo 2 has a better feel to it than PoE in certain parts of the game.

That's really my biggest gripe. Character models which don't look like shit especially when compared to most NPCs would be nice too. I always dread playing the Templar especially when a build I want to play happens to fall under Inquisitor or Heirophant. MTX often looks much, much worse too.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 7, 10:40 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Spektr
  2. Jun 7, 10:41 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Tipsy McStagger
  12. Jun 7, 23:29  Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Asmodai
  3. Jun 7, 10:48 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out HorrorScope
  4. Jun 7, 13:51 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Cutter
  5. Jun 7, 15:20 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Verno
>> 6. Jun 7, 15:59  Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Wallshadows
  7. Jun 7, 16:02 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Mr. Tact
  8. Jun 7, 16:13 Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out jdreyer
  9. Jun 7, 17:20  Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Mr. Tact