Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out

Grinding Gear Games announces the release of Legion, the newest expansion for Path of Exile, their free-to-play action/RPG. This is out for the Windows edition, while the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 editions of the add-on are expected on Monday. All you need to know about Legion is located on this page where there's this trailer showing it off with some accompanying developer commentary. Here's a handy summary:

Trapped for thousands of years in the Domain of Timeless Conflict, Wraeclast's mightiest military leaders have been fighting an eternal war. In Path of Exile: Legion, you'll set free their legions and battle them to earn valuable rewards.

Additionally in this latest expansion, Grinding Gear Games has created an entirely new melee combat experience. All melee attacks now hit multiple enemies, and all movement skills are now instant, with additional movement and dodging skills added to various classes.

Legion also introduces a few new character archtypes: the Blood and Sand Gladiator and the Rage Berserker. The Blood and Sand Gladiator can switch between Blood Stance and Sand Stance - Blood causing massive damage to multiple enemies at once and Sand providing the character with better defense. The new Rage Berserker introduces skills that generate or consume rage with certain attacks improving movement speed and attack damage.

Path of Exile Key Features Include:

• Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
  • A dark and deep action RPG
  • Unlimited character combinations with the game's gigantic skill tree
  • Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
  • Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
  • Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
  • Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
  • Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
  • Ascend online ladders in every game mode

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 23:29 Asmodai

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 10:41:
my problem with PoE after 1000 hours of play is that I don't have enough time in each league.. Kinda wish they would do 6 month leagues.

There's quite a good vid from GGG about the market research they did in long term user retention and the short turn around keeps the game fresh for what is essentially a "rinse, repeat" grind. Obviously they are courting the whales (and I don't really blame them for this) but longer season iterations showed significant user drop off who wouldn't return the next season, where the shorter turn around keeps players playing.

And as an interesting peak behind the curtain, between post release support and pre-release promotion, they really only get about 4-5 weeks of work time on each new season. While they certainly reuse assets and have a bank of ideas saved up for future use, it's still pretty impressive how they manage to put out so much in such a short period of time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 22:30 jdreyer

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 17:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 16:13:
Played the original Diablo last night. It's nice to know next time I play that I'll be on the same map, with all the places I've been still cleared.

Does it automatically stretch to full widescreen? If not, easy to patch? Last time I looked into it, the widescreen was only available with patches that added a lot of other stuff onto the game.

I bought and downloaded it on a whim last night, so I was playing vanilla. Maybe I'll play around with it tonight.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 17:49 Jagacademy

Played the original Diablo last night. It's nice to know next time I play that I'll be on the same map, with all the places I've been still cleared.

Does it automatically stretch to full widescreen? If not, easy to patch? Last time I looked into it, the widescreen was only available with patches that added a lot of other stuff onto the game.

9. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 17:20 Mr. Tact

*meh* That mechanic is per se neither good or bad really. How you feel about it is situational.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 16:13 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 16:02 Mr. Tact

Longer seasons doesn't seem likely given how long it takes people to reach the endgame in PoE. It really is a power user game, it isn't particularly setup for casual gaming. You can play it casually, you just need to set your goals accordingly, which might be different than you would prefer based on the way things work/are.

With the melee buff I think I'll try a cyclone build again, the last time I tried one I only made it to level 46 before calling it quits.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 15:59 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 15:20:
Hated the melee combat in this game so kinda interested in checking out the overhaul. The graphical overhaul is in the next major version I think but that should be good too, its my biggest complaint with the game. Everything just feels chunky, stiff and poorly animated. If they can polish it and maybe increase league length a bit then it will be perfect.

My dream of a perfect 4.0 is for them to say they're ditching the shitty engine it's built on in favor of something which feels like it's made in this decade. Even Diablo 2 has a better feel to it than PoE in certain parts of the game.

That's really my biggest gripe. Character models which don't look like shit especially when compared to most NPCs would be nice too. I always dread playing the Templar especially when a build I want to play happens to fall under Inquisitor or Heirophant. MTX often looks much, much worse too.

5. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 15:20 Verno

Hated the melee combat in this game so kinda interested in checking out the overhaul. The graphical overhaul is in the next major version I think but that should be good too, its my biggest complaint with the game. Everything just feels chunky, stiff and poorly animated. If they can polish it and maybe increase league length a bit then it will be perfect.  

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

4. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 13:51 Cutter

Why would you set them free? Shouldn't you be punished for doing that?

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

3. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 10:48 HorrorScope

When will the baddies learn they are fighting a God and just bow down and surrender?  

2. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 10:41 Tipsy McStagger

my problem with PoE after 1000 hours of play is that I don't have enough time in each league.. Kinda wish they would do 6 month leagues.  

1. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 10:40 Spektr

Why is every game studio so eager to advertise for FX Legion?  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo