Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Metaverse

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 7, 2019, 19:26 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 19:01:
  • Sepharo wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 17:49:
    ventry wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 20:14:
    jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 17:47:
    ventry wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 23:44:
    And so it begins:

https://i.redd.it/ez473fdubm231.png

Nice try, but that channel was restored. Mistakes happen.

Yep.
    It was down at the time of my post. I checked.

It wasn't. You didn't.

Check the timestamps.
    It's aussie time.

I didn't use the timestamps from screenshots but rather the timestamps directly from Mr. Allsop's twitter and bluesnews which have all been translated to my timezone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 7, 2019, 19:01 RedEye9

• Sepharo wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 17:49:
    And so it begins:

Yep.

It wasn't. You didn't.

Check the timestamps.
    It's aussie time.
    Still splashing in the mud pit with a self admitted troll I see, but whatevs. Wink

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

40. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 7, 2019, 17:49 Sepharo

And so it begins:

Yep.

It wasn't. You didn't.

Check the timestamps.

39. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 7, 2019, 09:16 RedEye9

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 03:58:
    What are flat-earther international global conventions called? Saucer conventions?
    I think it's because they display the continents on a round plate or saucer.
    Now get this, the edge of the earth has a big wall ala Game of Thrones style, lest you fall off.

Oh yeah, the whole thing is covered by a dome and nothing is real.

Best part is people make tons of money off of it.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

38. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 7, 2019, 03:58 VaranDragon

What are flat-earther international global conventions called? Saucer conventions?  

37. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 23:48 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 18:02:
    Verno wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 07:07:
    ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 01:57:
    21st Century book burning at its finest.

TIL nerds are scared of...squints...flat earth conspiracies.

Book burning hahah. As if the "science" in an anti-vaccination or a flat earth video would be enough to fill a fucking pamphlet, let alone a book. This shit is literally damaging society at this point, look at anti-vaccination and the measles outbreaks or the flat earthers trying to discredit NASA. It's no longer funny and has to be addressed because allowing these little cults to recruit using world reaching tools is fucking de-evolution.
    Just watch Behind the Curve on Netflix to see this in action. These ideas prey on the psychology of the human mind by exploiting Maslow's heirarchical needs for belonging, esteem, and self-actualization. Combined with the global reach and addictive nature of the internet, propaganda and false beliefs have never been easier to spread and solidify.
    oh fuck me, there are flat Earth dating sites. these idiots are a hot mess

edit: It was almost Monty Python'ish how they interwove occasional religious references and then jump straight into anti-vaxxer/dinosaurs are a lie mindset. I bet most of them have multiple books on several different conspiracies.
    But the cake topping came when they would do true experiments (gyroscope/earth rotation or flashlight/curvature) and the results never agreed w/their loony toons beliefs.
    For a second you'd glimpse a lightbulb flicker in their brain, but then they'd hop right back on the "belief" crazy train.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2019, 09:07.

36. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 20:14 ventry

And so it begins:

Yep.

35. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 19:24 jdreyer

Red886 wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 14:38:

Book burning hahah. As if the "science" in an anti-vaccination or a flat earth video would be enough to fill a fucking pamphlet, let alone a book. This shit is literally damaging society at this point, look at anti-vaccination and the measles outbreaks or the flat earthers trying to discredit NASA. It's no longer funny and has to be addressed because allowing these little cults to recruit using world reaching tools is fucking de-evolution.

Flat earthers are harmless. You want harm , look no further than the anti-nuclear crusade. Every other thing is a Chernobyl. And everything else is a Fukushima.

and now, anti-anti-mega-Agri videos are now promoted on Youtube ( aka pro mega-Agri by a devious way of making out all those that opposes mega-agri as conspiracy theorists and are believers of quack-science.)

The Venn diagram of flat Earthers and anti-vaxxers is a circle. It's all part of being anti-science.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

34. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 19:19 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 08:21:
    Red886 wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 08:12:
    yes! they have finally painted themselves into a corner

time is now ripe to sue youtube. It's is now clear it is not a public forum ( as they defined themselves) , which has protections and leeway attached to that definition.

any video up now is an indication that youtube is allowing that video to be up.

This is legally inaccurate, and frankly weird. Because Nazis have been kicked off you want them sued into oblivion?

Why are so many here so quick to defend Nazis?

The ACLU defends Nazis. The difference here of course is that YT and FB are private companies, not the government.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

33. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 19:17 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 08:51:
    Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 07:16:

Building on your point, anti-science and ignorance are spreading, rapidly, because the internet brings like-minded people together. In the past, if you were a flat earther, you may spend your entire life without finding another flat earther, so at some point, you may go "hmm, maybe I'm wrong. No one else seems to agree." Now, you go onto YouTube and find millions of videos telling you you're right, or go onto Reddit or 4chan and find thousands of people telling you you're right. If someone says something to you in person about you being wrong, thousands of people explain to you that he's just in on the conspiracy.

Which is why all this "shining a light is the best disinfectant" stuff falls apart online, as there's critical mass behind these ideas, so people involved think their group is sizeable enough that it can't just be wrong, and they cling harder.

So yes, we should be afraid of all of this shit, it's damaging.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Soon or later, that debt is paid"

Today's anti-vaxxer lies are tomorrow's measle outbreak.

Heh. I know where you got that quote. Now excuse me while I go put my egg basket on. Over my clothes.

32. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 18:11 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 18:02:

Just watch Behind the Curve on Netflix to see this in action. These ideas prey on the psychology of the human mind by exploiting Maslow's heirarchical needs for belonging, esteem, and self-actualization. Combined with the global reach and addictive nature of the internet, propaganda and false beliefs have never been easier to spread and solidify.

So good!

-------------
    Music for the discerning:
    http://www.deathwishinc.com
    http://www.hydrahead.com
    http://www.painkillerrecords.com

31. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 18:02 jdreyer

30. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 17:51 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 05:28:
    jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 21:32:
    Amazon to deliver by drone 'within months.'

Why steal from porches when you can just knock drones out of the sky en route and collect the package.

You may be joking but this has been a topic of conversation for about 2 years at work. But the biggest problem with drones isn't people, it's birds. (Well at least not here in Northern Kentucky, cause it's the worlds best carnival game... shoot a target get a random prize)
    Raptors especially may view the drone as a threat or competitor and attack it. IMO, drone delivery will eventually be a thing, but I feel it will linger in this trial stage for years.

29. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 17:47 jdreyer

And so it begins:

28. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 17:42 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 22:00:
    RedEye9 wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 20:45:
    The Hate Speech bans have been a long time coming.

While they're cleaning up the cesspool don't forget flat-earther bullshit, anti-vaxxer nonsense and "drinking clorox/vinegar/urine for weight loss" along with other craptacular dangerous "health" recommendations.

Return youtube to its roots. Nothing but commercials, russian car cam crashes, cat videos and skateboard fails. Grin

I think the world just ended because we agreed on something I said the same thing earlier in the other Crowder thread. Anti-vaxx bullshit has gone way too far and if tech companies won't take ownership of their platforms then they are opening the door for the government to get involved and frankly I think thats necessary at this point. The flat-earthers and conspiracy lunatics used to be a fringe thing but they have been growing in frankly alarming numbers. They aren't amusing anymore, its just scary because when you decide to suspend critical thinking on one important issue, you'll probably do it on any number of other ones.

Youtube and Facebook should be held accountable for the damage they are doing to society by allowing these things to proliferate. Even worse, they're dining out on that shit, most of the bullshit videos I just pulled up in a cursory search are monetized.
    It's not just that the tech companies don't take ownership. The algorithms actually push the user toward more extreme and outlandish views, because playing on that emotion and negative feeling generate more clicks. Their profit model is based on radicalizing people.

27. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 14:50 Verno

Red886 wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 14:38:
    Flat earthers are harmless.

No they are not and this kind of thinking is what allows them to spread and recruit. Flat Earthers are actively discrediting NASA and encouraging defunding efforts. Flat Earthers don't just limit their nonsense to a flat earth, many also believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy, foster anti-government sentiment and subscribe to just about every conspiracy theory that exists. We have a growing portion of society that is actively suspending its critical thinking and you think that's harmless? It is the opposite, it is incredibly damaging and undermines trust in our established pillars of society and our scientific processes.

These people need to be booted off platforms like Youtube and Facebook so that they cannot spread this idiocy. If they want to be on the fringes of society then let's put them there instead of encouraging this behavior.

Playing: Total War: Three Kingdoms, Pillars of Eternity II, Warhammer Chaosbane
    Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Barry

26. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 14:49 RedEye9

Sepharo wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 02:44:
    And so it begins:

And quickly ends... or never begins?

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrallsop/videos

Yeah, but facts don't apply to people who see boogeymen everywhere but refuse to look in the mirror.
    Mr Allsop History
    @MrAllsopHistory
    UPDATE: my YouTube channel is now restored, albeit with flags on some clips and one completely removed. Still more than 100 useful #HistoryTeacher clips online.
    Heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped. I'm delighted http://www.mrallsophistory.com is back, but now I'm going to bed!

25. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 14:38 Red886

Flat earthers are harmless. You want harm , look no further than the anti-nuclear crusade. Every other thing is a Chernobyl. And everything else is a Fukushima.

and now, anti-anti-mega-Agri videos are now promoted on Youtube ( aka pro mega-Agri by a devious way of making out all those that opposes mega-agri as conspiracy theorists and are believers of quack-science.)

24. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 14:32 Red886

Red886 wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 08:12:
    yes! they have finally painted themselves into a corner

time is now ripe to sue youtube. It's is now clear it is not a public forum ( as they defined themselves) , which has protections and leeway attached to that definition.

any video up now is an indication that youtube is allowing that video to be up.

This is legally inaccurate, and frankly weird. Because Nazis have been kicked off you want them sued into oblivion?

So if someone calls someone is a Nazi , that is automatically true? wow. Sounds like the days when you can just call out your rival as a Communist/separatist/capitalist then off he goes ....

There was the question why so many videos remain on the service, or why so many videos was allowed to be uploaded to the service.

Youtube's answer to that was that it is a public space/forum, so moderation cannot be expected of them. I think they answered that in a congress hearing or something like that. ( now searches on that turns up irrelevant stuff. That is the magic algorithm at work there )

however we see now that this is not the case. Youtube is clearly capabable and willing in moderating, deplatforming, demonetizing content they do not like, with a hit list of their own. It is not a public space/platform anymore. It is now a curated space. There are gatekeeping.

gone is the reasoning why a ton lot of other videos cannot be moderated and taken down now.

now there is no excuse to take down
    1. BLM videos = violence against police
    2. anti-men videos = androgyny
    3. Islamic / Catholic / Jewish / insert-religion-here sermon videos = anti pretty-much-everything
    4. footage of violence in Ireland / France / Ukraine / Italy / Greece / Serbia / insert-country-here ( just because they speak other-than-English does not mean they should be censored , too cause they fall under their self prescribed rules)

and since well, since you refer to nazi speech, note that Youtube have even taken down criticism of nazi speech , as well as historical videos of nazi speech. Refer to that teacher's twitter account...

23. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 10:02 Beamer

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 09:50:

Either they are Nazis or, they don't want to be next.

It's weird, though, right? They're so adamant that being able to call someone the F word, or the N word, is the absolute most important right there is, and a company not wanting their service to be used for those purposes is morally wrong and evil.

In every single case, certain people here think it's good that someone is calling people the N word, or the F word, and bad that people would prefer to be able to play a video game or watch a video without that happening. They consistently always side with the people driving hate. Always. Every single time.

And they're always conservative, and claim this is attacks on conservative voices. They're the ones, not the "libtards," that are defining white supremacy, homophobia, etc., as core tenets of conservatism.

-------------
    Music for the discerning:
    http://www.deathwishinc.com
    http://www.hydrahead.com
    http://www.painkillerrecords.com

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo