Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed

The Watch Dogs Twitter feed is now named Watch Dogs Legion in a confirmation of the leak revealing this as the title of the next game in the surveillance game sequel. A new tweet shows off a logo, says the game will be revealed at E3, and seems to confirm the report that all the games non-playable characters will be playable characters, saying: "God Save the NPCs. Reveal at E3."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 19:26 The Half Elf

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 12:26:
I was really surprised that a few people here posted that they liked the first game more because it was very poorly received overall. To me it was paint by numbers anti-hero protagonist whose motivations were ridiculous considering the body count you ratchet up. The world and gameplay were not really engaging and the combat was clumsy. The second game was zany and broke the 4th wall so many times but had really fun non-combat options that the game wasn't truly designed around.

Hopefully they get it right this time and really nail something interesting. I just hope they don't do the usual Ubisoft "quantity over quality" nonsense and stuff the open world with repetitive activities instead of designing unique events and content.

I really liked the tone of the first game, even though it had moments of MEH with the story and Aiden. WD2 was just damn bright and script kiddie for my tastes.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 13:48 Darks

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 13:19:
The second game is really worth checking out, especially at the $10-20 price point you can get it now. You can do all sorts of crazy shit in that game with drones, remote control NPC cars, use your quadrocopter to scale shit and other hilarious nonsense. If you like just messing around in an open world game and emergent gameplay then it is super fun. They got really close to GTA levels of reactivity with that one.

Actually, UBI is having their summer sale as of today. Watch Dogs 2 is only 12 dollars.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 13:20 wtf_man

I'm one of those that liked the first game better. Got the 2nd one for free with some Ubisoft Offer... don't remember what it was.

I just couldn't get into the "hactivist" companion NPCs of the second game. I thought they were all lame, and the one with the emote characters on the sunglasses drove me up the wall.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

5. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 13:19 Verno

The second game is really worth checking out, especially at the $10-20 price point you can get it now. You can do all sorts of crazy shit in that game with drones, remote control NPC cars, use your quadrocopter to scale shit and other hilarious nonsense. If you like just messing around in an open world game and emergent gameplay then it is super fun. They got really close to GTA levels of reactivity with that one.  

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

4. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 13:09 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 12:01:
I thought the first game is about one of the worst I've ever played. I thought that was the general reception as well.

When I first heard about the movie called Sharknado I thought to myself who the f... is watching this shit.
6 sharkando movies later, I just don't question it anymore.

As for Watch Dogs, I never cared for the whole yo dog, hackerz are so cool lolz XxXx theme the second one had, and I didn't hear too many good things about the first one which I thought was going to be like a GTA game focusing on stealth and hacking.

I'll keep an eye on this third game and see how it is, but I doubt I'll be bothering to get it unless it impresses the hell out of me.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 12:43 Acleacius

That's what I recall too, which caused me to avoid both of the games. Iirc, the launch was a bug ridden mess and different from what ubi had promised originally. Urk  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 12:26 Verno

I was really surprised that a few people here posted that they liked the first game more because it was very poorly received overall. To me it was paint by numbers anti-hero protagonist whose motivations were ridiculous considering the body count you ratchet up. The world and gameplay were not really engaging and the combat was clumsy. The second game was zany and broke the 4th wall so many times but had really fun non-combat options that the game wasn't truly designed around.

Hopefully they get it right this time and really nail something interesting. I just hope they don't do the usual Ubisoft "quantity over quality" nonsense and stuff the open world with repetitive activities instead of designing unique events and content.

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

1. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Confirmed Jun 5, 2019, 12:01 Cutter

I thought the first game is about one of the worst I've ever played. I thought that was the general reception as well. And considering the lack of noise about the second I'd have reckoned they just kill the property off by now and try something else.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo