Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 18:06 Mr. Tact

Okay, that was funny. The link in the Endgadet article for a desk mounted arm for monitors was something I had actually previously viewed -- presumably when I was looking for something like that a while ago. It would also appear if anything I was being generous in suggesting Apple's cost on the stand was $50 -- so that's what... at least a 2,000% mark up? Maybe Apple is jealous of the pharmaceutical industry?  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 17:54 RedEye9

relevant
Everything that's wrong with apple today

LTT on Apple's new Mac Pro

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 15:03 Mr. Tact

Oh please, just get a room and spare us all.  

18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 13:20 Verno

I guess I should cancel the order for my $999 stand then bwuaha!  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 13:12 Nullity

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 10:17:
I've been on here for years and I'm not going anywhere
That's not true. If you keep buying ridiculous Apple products, eventually you'll no longer be able to afford an internet connection.

*zing*

16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 12:43 Jivaro

/dadvoice

"Don't make me come back there!"

/enddadvoice

15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 11:41 Verno

Whatever guy, I'm not your therapist and I can't help you deal with your insecurity. If you want better interactions with people then make some actual effort. It's a public forum, when you post other people will read and react to that. Post like a clown, get treated like one. Don't like it? Don't post. The world will keep on spinnin either way.

Glad I could provide some valuable education to the younger generation *HUGS* Trollbashing

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 11:31 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 10:17:
I've been on here for years and I'm not going anywhere
Your seniority means a lot to me and I take that into account with every post because I respect my elders. With age comes mastery.
Verno wrote:
I don't care about you.
Congrats, in all those years you've mastered being an Obtuse Edgelord, a true accomplishment.

Please feel free to "not care about me" and continue to show your ass every time I post. Remember, you don't have to wait for me to post something silly either. At this point I find it humorous to know I have my very own fanclub consisting of one "who doesn't care" but obviously does. Wink

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 11:07 Mr. Tact

If I could make something for $50 (just a wild guess) and sell it for $999 -- why wouldn't I? The problem here isn't Apple...  

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 10:17 Verno

I can't help you with your butt obsession there and newsflash, I don't care about you. I read the articles and the comments then I make my own comments. If you make a series of silly posts then you get a series of silly responses. If you want to be part of the adult discussions here then make actual effort, otherwise you get treated like a clown and you can't blame me or anyone else for it.

I've been on here for years and I'm not going anywhere, something to look forward to

Trollbashing

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 09:47 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 09:41:
Yes Apple is so expensive and bad, way to circle back to that headline champ bahaha.
Vernon, I'm glad you've decided to troll me and show your ass every chance you get. I know, it feels good because I've done the same to others. Enjoy while it lasts little buddy, the feeling is fleeting.

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 09:41 Verno

Yes Apple is so expensive and bad, way to circle back to that headline champ bahaha.

They are doomed and will never make any money...oh whoops

I guess you will just have to buy the monitor without the stand and do some saving

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 09:35 RedEye9

The $1,000 dollar monitor stand, another first from Apple. Grin
From a company that sold a $10k smartwatch w/the same specs as the 299 dollar version.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 09:23 Verno

Reactor wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 23:43:
Well oh arrogant one, before I share my wisdom, how about you take my point first, instead of missing it by a country mile.

He's just a bandwagoner. Apple is an easy target to hate but no one buying those things for actual work cares about the $1k stand. It's going to be mounted or the stand will be written off.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2019, 04:09 Simon Says

Not only the stand is a joke, but the actual computer too.

8 cores, 32Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, RX580X for 6k$? LOLLLLLLLLL

You could build a 16 cores, 128Gb RAM, Raid 0 4Tb SSD, Titan RTX ( or triple Radeon VII ) build for that price that would trash the crApple PC like a ragdoll at productivity tasks.

But, the sheeple are gonna buy it and defend it anyway... Go figure.

Edit: Seems like Tom "de-clickbaited" their article title between the time I sent Blue a notice and the time he checked it out. Original title was: "China Loses Zen: AMD Halts Further Technology Transfers or x86 IP"

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2019, 04:23.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2019, 23:43 Reactor

Well oh arrogant one, before I share my wisdom, how about you take my point first, instead of missing it by a country mile.  

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2019, 23:32 RedEye9

Reactor wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 23:18:
If the XDR monitor works as advertised, it’ll be challenging $40k reference monitors. If Apple had said, “It’s a $6k monitor, but you can get it for $5k without the stand” there’d be a lot less of this ignorant whining.
Tell us O Wise Man just what makes a $1,000 dollar stand worth the money.
I'll wait patiently for your response.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2019, 23:18 Reactor

If the XDR monitor works as advertised, it’ll be challenging $40k reference monitors. If Apple had said, “It’s a $6k monitor, but you can get it for $5k without the stand” there’d be a lot less of this ignorant whining.  

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2019, 20:50 RedEye9

Damnit
The Good Old Gamer video is brutal.
tldw-blame nVidia

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2019, 20:41 RedEye9

A $1,000 dollar monitor stand sans monitor. Brilliant Apple, just brilli.. Wait, What's that, oh, I see.
I've just been informed that the 1k stand is sold out, ebay has them for $4,995 but you better act fast.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >