Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's report on the 10 bestselling titles on Steam for last week:

1. Total War: THREE KINGDOMS
  2. MORDHAU
  3. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. A Plague Tale: Innocence
  6. Cities: Skylines - Campus
  7. The Elder Scrolls Online - Elsweyr
  8. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  9. Risk of Rain 2
  10. The Elder Scrolls Online - Crown Packs

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2019, 14:47 Beamer

eRe4s3r wrote on May 28, 2019, 14:29:
Beamer wrote on May 28, 2019, 12:23:
Quinn wrote on May 28, 2019, 12:04:
christheshitter wrote on May 28, 2019, 06:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2019, 12:52:
I had the choice between Plague Tale and 3 Boredoms, I thankfully picked Plage Tale. An mindblowingly awesome experience. Not so much a great game as it is a great immersive experience.

As long as you only play on english voices....

Also as secret Skaven fan this game really speaks to me

Then there's replay-ability which Plague Tale doesn't have.

Replayability is overrated. Especially for 99% of adults gamers that work for a living and have a huge backlog. I'd have an unforgettable, inspiring game over anything.

That said, isn't it about time to acknowledge that the last Arkham (batman) game was an epic masterpiece? It had an engaging story, awesome gameplay and as a bonus, quite a strong replayability factor. And there were no performance issues for me when I disabled those NVIDIA features, which lead me to run with the opinion that NVIDIA single-handedly destroyed that game's reputation.

I thought it was fantastic. Not flawless, some aspects kind of sucked, but as a whole, great. The stuff that kind of sucked seemed to bother me less than most. It was also overwhelming if you wanted to be a completionist, and pretty much all the Joker challenges were, to me, far more annoying than fun, but they were easy to ignore. I'd try one for a few seconds, if it seemed annoying, move on. No real loss to me, since it didn't unlock anything that felt necessary.

I think I said it before somewhere here, but to me the experience of playing a game through is what matters. Is it immersive, fun, awesome? Plague Tale is. Can the same be said for Arkham games? Definitely, if you are not a completionist. But the same can NOT be said for 3 boredoms and Rage 2. I play Warhammer 2 because the campaign turns differently depending on your race, the map looks different if you are playing Vampire or High Elf by turn 300. Seeing previously tainted areas rejuvenated with elven trees and unicorns dancing on rainbows is such a grass contrast... in 3 Kingdoms you play differently colored identical factions the only difference of which is the starting leader (literally, by turn 300 you are not playing with that leader anymore at all).

Only thing I hope is that 3Kingdoms technology gets merged into Warhammer 3 to some extend, with weapons and stuff equipped reflecting on the characters in the battles, that'd be the only thing I'd care about.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of claims that a game is only as good as its lows. A game can be more than the sum of its parts. I loved all the recent Arkham games, think the first was the tightest, but loved the 3rd as much. It absolutely had warts, in that I got so sick of taking out tanks, and the combat was too convoluted with too many moves that required too many buttons and too much memorization, but none of that made it a worse game for me, because the rest was so strong. Same with RDR2, which had huge warts, but had me enthralled the whole time through.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2019, 14:29 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on May 28, 2019, 12:23:
I had the choice between Plague Tale and 3 Boredoms, I thankfully picked Plage Tale. An mindblowingly awesome experience. Not so much a great game as it is a great immersive experience.

Replayability is overrated. Especially for 99% of adults gamers that work for a living and have a huge backlog. I'd have an unforgettable, inspiring game over anything.

That said, isn't it about time to acknowledge that the last Arkham (batman) game was an epic masterpiece? It had an engaging story, awesome gameplay and as a bonus, quite a strong replayability factor. And there were no performance issues for me when I disabled those NVIDIA features, which lead me to run with the opinion that NVIDIA single-handedly destroyed that game's reputation.

I thought it was fantastic. Not flawless, some aspects kind of sucked, but as a whole, great. The stuff that kind of sucked seemed to bother me less than most. It was also overwhelming if you wanted to be a completionist, and pretty much all the Joker challenges were, to me, far more annoying than fun, but they were easy to ignore. I'd try one for a few seconds, if it seemed annoying, move on. No real loss to me, since it didn't unlock anything that felt necessary.

I think I said it before somewhere here, but to me the experience of playing a game through is what matters. Is it immersive, fun, awesome? Plague Tale is. Can the same be said for Arkham games? Definitely, if you are not a completionist. But the same can NOT be said for 3 boredoms and Rage 2. I play Warhammer 2 because the campaign turns differently depending on your race, the map looks different if you are playing Vampire or High Elf by turn 300. Seeing previously tainted areas rejuvenated with elven trees and unicorns dancing on rainbows is such a grass contrast... in 3 Kingdoms you play differently colored identical factions the only difference of which is the starting leader (literally, by turn 300 you are not playing with that leader anymore at all).

Only thing I hope is that 3Kingdoms technology gets merged into Warhammer 3 to some extend, with weapons and stuff equipped reflecting on the characters in the battles, that'd be the only thing I'd care about.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2019, 12:23 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2019, 12:04 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2019, 06:00 christheshitter

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 12:52 eRe4s3r

8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 12:14 RedEye9

Quinn wrote on May 27, 2019, 06:05:
A Plague Tale: Innocence is one of the best games I've played in years. It is solid, bug-free, an absolute feast for the eye and imagination. What I mean by that last part is that it's a lineair game with great details in every map going all the way to places you can't even go. There's a sense of awe when you see a beautiful vista with a working windmill in the distance, and a mountain behind it with a tower on it, knowing it's there although you can't go to it. It brings back a nostalgic feeling, back to the era where every game didn't have to be open-fucking-world. There's more detail and atmosphere in one of Plague's map than there is in all goddamn Far Cry games combined.

This game is a must have. Every moment feels like it's epic. It's not one of those games where the protagonist only really reacts realistically during the tutorial. In Plague, almost every enemy prompts a reaction from the children and the game never suddenly decides it's done with the suspense to then just throw boring problems at you that don't really make sense (like in the TR games, where after an epic introduction suddenly every mountain is somehow paved with wooden planks to climb, and levers make contextually useless pillars spin -- I'm so done with those "here's the next puzzle area!" moments in games that make zero fucking sense).
Sweet.
Your thoughts align with ACG's review.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 11:35 El Pit

MyRealName wrote on May 26, 2019, 20:18:
SEE? ALL CAPS = WIN.

That is why it's actually GTA V.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 10:08 Acleacius

I'm tempted to pick up ESO Elsweyr since I haven't played in a couple of years. It's $40 US for the CE upgrade ($35 standard upgrade) adds Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr, but you don't get a free month sub. Necro was a let down, since there's not actual pet just 16 second summons.  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 09:18 Verno

I picked up Total War Three Kingdoms and its fuckin BALLER. Performance is pretty solid and I love the new campaign mechanics. The heroes are a great way to mix up the same ol' Creative Assembly battle mechanics. Highly recommended.  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 09:09 Acleacius

Crown Packs in the top 10, seriously?  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2019, 06:05 Quinn

A Plague Tale: Innocence is one of the best games I've played in years. It is solid, bug-free, an absolute feast for the eye and imagination. What I mean by that last part is that it's a lineair game with great details in every map going all the way to places you can't even go. There's a sense of awe when you see a beautiful vista with a working windmill in the distance, and a mountain behind it with a tower on it, knowing it's there although you can't go to it. It brings back a nostalgic feeling, back to the era where every game didn't have to be open-fucking-world. There's more detail and atmosphere in one of Plague's map than there is in all goddamn Far Cry games combined.

This game is a must have. Every moment feels like it's epic. It's not one of those games where the protagonist only really reacts realistically during the tutorial. In Plague, almost every enemy prompts a reaction from the children and the game never suddenly decides it's done with the suspense to then just throw boring problems at you that don't really make sense (like in the TR games, where after an epic introduction suddenly every mountain is somehow paved with wooden planks to climb, and levers make contextually useless pillars spin -- I'm so done with those "here's the next puzzle area!" moments in games that make zero fucking sense).

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2019, 20:20 Dacote

MyRealName wrote on May 26, 2019, 20:18:
SEE? ALL CAPS = WIN.
by george, i think you've got it

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2019, 20:18 MyRealName

SEE? ALL CAPS = WIN.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >