Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

The opening ceremonies for Manstovia went off well. The grill grates were anointed with oil, and some newspaper was sacrificed to the fire gods in order to combust the oil, and after singing the Manstovia national anthem, I cooked up some chicken breasts, and a fine time was had by all (which was the two of us). Today's festivities will be a little more elaborate, as we will have actual guests. The occasion will serve as a bit of a wake for the Gunnar-man, as I am going to cook up a good portion of the vast supply of chicken wings that remained in our freezer after the passing of our beloved poodle. I'm sure he'd want it this way: Gunnar absolutely adored his chicken wings, and I know he wouldn't want them to go to waste.

Links on the Wing: Thanks Ant and RedEye9.
Play: Fire Blob.
Links: 10 Great TV Shows That Failed In Their Final Seasons.
What Ridley Scott’s Alien can tell us about office life.
Stories: Surgeons warn of serious hand injuries from dog leads and collars.
Science: How these cities became rat-free zones.
Scientists Studying EDM To Find Why Everything In The Universe Exists. Electronic dance music?
Media: Jon Snow Wick.
Ink in motion.
The Engineering of Droplets.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2019, 10:37 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2019, 23:28:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2019, 21:50:
Convincing nonphysicists that the search is worth the money can be tougher. Just ask Oak Ridge physicist Leah Broussard. "My mom says, 'Why are my tax dollars being wasted on this research?' " Broussard explains. She has an answer for her mom. "Humans are explorers," Broussard says. "We explore the unknown frontiers. I want to know how the universe came to be. Don't we all?"

It isn't essential. Not by a damn sight. Ergo, it's a waste of tax dollars. I'm all for finding the answer, just not paying for it. It's about priorities and stuff like this isn't one of them.

May 2019 grant application:
Scientist: "We want to study EDM to find out why everything in the universe exists."
Government accountant: "Okay, but I'm going to cut a couple zeros from this proposal."

June 2019 grant application:
Scientist: "We want to study EDM. It will take us one step closer to creating a neutron gun that will blast through any armor at the speed of light."
Government accountant: "Okay, let me add a couple zeros to this proposal."

Yeah, that's the reality alright. And both of them are still a waste of money.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 23:33 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on May 26, 2019, 19:25:
jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2019, 17:43:
What happened to Blues?

Blast from the past.
Okay, first what made you look at that Ars Tech forum post?
Typed bluesnews (one word) into Google to see what would happen.

Second, did you look here and find out what the problem was?
Read all about it here!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 23:28 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2019, 21:50:
Convincing nonphysicists that the search is worth the money can be tougher. Just ask Oak Ridge physicist Leah Broussard. "My mom says, 'Why are my tax dollars being wasted on this research?' " Broussard explains. She has an answer for her mom. "Humans are explorers," Broussard says. "We explore the unknown frontiers. I want to know how the universe came to be. Don't we all?"

It isn't essential. Not by a damn sight. Ergo, it's a waste of tax dollars. I'm all for finding the answer, just not paying for it. It's about priorities and stuff like this isn't one of them.

May 2019 grant application:
Scientist: "We want to study EDM to find out why everything in the universe exists."
Government accountant: "Okay, but I'm going to cut a couple zeros from this proposal."

June 2019 grant application:
Scientist: "We want to study EDM. It will take us one step closer to creating a neutron gun that will blast through any armor at the speed of light."
Government accountant: "Okay, let me add a couple zeros to this proposal."

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 21:50 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 19:25 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2019, 17:43:
What happened to Blues?

Blast from the past.
Okay, first what made you look at that Ars Tech forum post? Second, did you look here and find out what the problem was?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 19:19 RedEye9

The engineer guy is sweet.  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 17:55 bigspender

Scientists Studying EDM To Find Why Everything In The Universe Exists.

Sponsored by Hellman's corned beef?

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2019, 17:43 jdreyer

What happened to Blues?

Blast from the past.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo