Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Heavy Rain PC Demo

After some fits and starts, the playable demo for Heavy Rain is now actually available on the Epic Games Store, offering the chance to sample the upcoming Windows edition of Quantic Dream's 2010 action/adventure. Here's what to expect:

This free Demo version of Heavy Rain gives you access to the first act of the game.

Spanning four days of mystery and suspense, the hunt is on for a murderer known only as “The Origami Killer” - named after his macabre calling card of leaving behind folded paper shapes at crime scenes.

• The demo takes 45 minutes to complete.
  • The demo will feature two full chapters from the game, in which players will immerse themselves in the roles of Norman Jayden, an FBI profiler brought in to help local law enforcement find and capture the Origami Killer, and Scott Shelby, a private investigator hired by families of past victims to bring their killer to justice.
  • The demo, like the full game, features stunning graphics in 4K resolution, 60 fps and Widescreen compatibility

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 28, 2019, 11:35 Orogogus

CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2019, 08:37:
[Sony is doing it right. They're like "This one's on Playstation only. Take it or leave it.". They are smart by avoiding all the bad PR that comes with fucking over other platform gamers by tease & denial. They are 100% straight in their denial... no lies, no maybes, no false promises, no bullshit.

This isn't true. Mystery is-it-or-isn't-it timed exclusives is exactly what they're doing with PSVR games. Most games (Arkham VR, Battlezone, Robinson the Journey, a bunch of others) have come over to PC after a year or so of exclusive time, but a handful have stayed exclusive, presumably because Sony paid money to make it so but haven't ever fessed up, like Resident Evil 7 VR and the Battlefront Rogue One add-on. And while you can say games like Wipeout or Astro Bot are basically console-only titles funded by Sony, some of the PSVR exclusives, timed or permanent, have historically been PC games. Borderlands 2 wasn't a console-only game, or Battlefront, or Skyrim.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Taulin wrote on May 26, 2019, 17:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2019, 12:15:
Taulin wrote on May 26, 2019, 10:50:
It's just odd to see a re-release of this game. Curious if the time/money spent to do this will be recooped, but Sony wouldn't have done it if there wasn't some sort of profit or reason, I guess.

Dude. Maybe read the comments thread before making uninformed comments?

Sony has nothing to do with this. The Quantic Dream games Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human and Beyond Two Souls will be brought to PC by Epic and Quantic Dream. The partnership between Sony and Quantic that led to these games originally being PS exclusives has ended.

“We are so grateful for twelve fantastic years of collaboration with Sony Interactive Entertainment and all they have allowed us to create and produce,” said Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière. “With this new partnership with Epic, we can now expand our products to a wider fan base and allow PC players to enjoy our titles.”

More here.

It's just nice that Sony is collaborating with them on this release, is all I am saying.

Which part of Sony has nothing to do with this release was unclear?

19. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 17:05 Taulin

CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2019, 12:15:
It's just odd to see a re-release of this game. Curious if the time/money spent to do this will be recooped, but Sony wouldn't have done it if there wasn't some sort of profit or reason, I guess.

Sony has nothing to do with this. The Quantic Dream games Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human and Beyond Two Souls will be brought to PC by Epic and Quantic Dream. The partnership between Sony and Quantic that led to these games originally being PS exclusives has ended.

“We are so grateful for twelve fantastic years of collaboration with Sony Interactive Entertainment and all they have allowed us to create and produce,” said Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière. “With this new partnership with Epic, we can now expand our products to a wider fan base and allow PC players to enjoy our titles.”

More here.

It's just nice that Sony is collaborating with them on this release, is all I am saying.

18. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 12:15 CJ_Parker

More here.

17. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 10:50 Taulin

This game was pretty fun 9 years ago. The graphics were top notch for its time, and style was relevant. Games have further evolved so much, and this game was one of those steps. It's just odd to see a re-release of this game. Curious if the time/money spent to do this will be recooped, but Sony wouldn't have done it if there wasn't some sort of profit or reason, I guess.

As one who got one ending, and started toward several others, I would suggest using your free time playing something else. There is just so much that is better now.

Mega64 summed up this game play really well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP30WYgYiUI

16. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 08:37 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on May 26, 2019, 05:55:
@ CJ Parker, I've never played consoles but always guessed PS catalog was better than xbox. Sony would still have all of that if they released their older games on PC, 3 to 5 years later. Plus increase their 'game' sales by at least another 30%, in the case of 'The Last of Us'.

Hell, Sony wouldn't even need much of a PR campaign or am I missing something? There has to be a maturation point where they start losing sales because of actually having to buy hardware.

Nah dude. From a business point of view it makes sense to have some 100% exclusives. If they would bring every game to PC they would look like the assholes from Microsoft who withhold games from PC gamers via timed exclusives on purpose.

I can easily accept 100% exclusives from Sony or Nintendo. Both companies do not have a stake in PCs while MS is the platform holder of Windows/DirectX. Big difference right there.

Why should Sony risk bad PR by releasing their ancient games on PC at full price? Sony do not have a history like the Microsoft assholes of treating PC gamers like lepers.
Sony have either released games on PC or they haven't. No in-betweens. No bullshit like Microsoft's lame-ass garbage like "let's tease them fuckers with one Halo or Gears of War game on PC and then go 100% Shitbox exclusive so the stupid suckers will buy consoles lol".

Sony is doing it right. They're like "This one's on Playstation only. Take it or leave it.". They are smart by avoiding all the bad PR that comes with fucking over other platform gamers by tease & denial. They are 100% straight in their denial... no lies, no maybes, no false promises, no bullshit.

We can not switch to an alternate universe where Sony is releasing their exclusives on PC after some time to check how it would affect their bottom line but they are doing REALLY well.
Their console/gaming business keeps going from new revenue record to new revenue record.
They made US$ 20bn in their game & network services segment last year up from $17.5bn in 2017, up from $14.7bn in 2016, up from $13.7bn in 2015, up from $11.5bn in 2014, up from $9.5bn in 2013, and up from $7.5bn in 2012.
That's +$2bn almost every year. Why should they change anything?

I get it. You want the games on PC. I wouldn't mind either. But I understand where Sony is coming from and why they are doing shit their way. Their smashing success this console gen proves them right. They whopped the Xbox' ass to hell and back... +$2bn revenue year after year... dem motherfuckers done gud bruuuuhhh!

15. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 08:20 eRe4s3r

I think the game is a great thing to watch on youtube with a good commentator.. and it's horrible boring to play.  

14. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 07:39 MrBone

The tears of rain will be epic come 2020.  

13. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 05:55 Acleacius

@ RedEye9, someone get me the President! No, not orange hair clown. Bat

@ CJ Parker, I've never played consoles but always guessed PS catalog was better than xbox. Sony would still have all of that if they released their older games on PC, 3 to 5 years later. Plus increase their 'game' sales by at least another 30%, in the case of 'The Last of Us'.

Hell, Sony wouldn't even need much of a PR campaign or am I missing something? There has to be a maturation point where they start losing sales because of actually having to buy hardware.

@The Half Elf, are the combat controls pretty weak or is it something else?

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

12. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 05:13 The Half Elf

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 17:13:
Creston wrote on May 25, 2019, 16:03:
Is this another one of those 'games' where the actual 'game' parts are fucking DUAL QTE events? Fuck this guy and his 'games'.
Yeah, Fahrenheit QTE sucked/fucked ( ) . I'm more looking forward to games like The Last of Us and Days Gone for PC! Lighter

Days Gone still not worthy of a PC release.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 26, 2019, 04:19 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 18:57:
Damn too bad, thanks StingingVelvet and jacobvandy.

It's just insane on how much money they are losing with at least 1/3 of all non-phone games are PC based. It would bring them millions, if not 10s of millions more sales.

Maybe, maybe not...

One thing is for sure though: Sony would not have kicked the Xbox' ass to hell and back this current gen if they wouldn't have had such an awesome catalogue of exclusive games. Sony won the current gen by a landslide due to having the better hardware for a substantial amount of time (until the 'X' showed up) and because of their exclusives.

Whatever they lost in PC sales was probably more than made up in console unit and related game as well as online services sales.
It's not a binary affair anyway. Many gamers have both, a PC and a console or even several consoles. Many "PC gamers" probably just bought a console and the PS4 versions of these exclusives for lack of an alternative so that's not really a lost sale.

As for Heavy Rain in particular, I think it is one of those games that also helped Sony shift units big time last gen (PS3). Sony were originally far behind the Xbox because the PS3 was a full year late and way more expensive with "weird" hardware (Cell architecture) on top of it.
It was thanks to their exclusives like Uncharted, TLoU or Heavy Rain that they caught up with the 360 and even ended up beating it by a small surplus of sales towards the end of the generation.

Seems to be a winning system for them. If I were them I would also keep some games 100% exclusive to my platform. It definitely strengthens the Playstation brand.

10. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 19:56 RedEye9

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 18:57:
It's just insane on how much money they are losing with at least 1/3 of all non-phone games are PC based. It would bring them millions, if not 10s of millions more sales.
Someone should tell them that.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

9. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 19:55 Linthat22

I'm guessing this game won't allow an AGP card and be just PCI exclusive  

8. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 18:57 Acleacius

Damn too bad, thanks StingingVelvet and jacobvandy.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

7. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 18:20 jacobvandy

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 17:13:
I'm more looking forward to games like The Last of Us and Days Gone for PC! Lighter

Don't hold your breath, those are first-party Sony games. Quantic Dreams is a private company that happened to have an exclusive publishing deal with them for a while.

6. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 18:08 StingingVelvet

I know these were published by Sony originally but I'd be hesitant to assume we'll be getting a bunch more. Quantic Dream recently sold to some Chinese company I believe, so this could be a special case where that company paid to get the rights back to their catalog or something like that.  

5. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 17:13 Acleacius

Creston wrote on May 25, 2019, 16:03:
Is this another one of those 'games' where the actual 'game' parts are fucking DUAL QTE events? Fuck this guy and his 'games'.
Yeah, Fahrenheit QTE sucked/fucked ( ) . I'm more looking forward to games like The Last of Us and Days Gone for PC! Lighter

This comment was edited on May 25, 2019, 17:35.

4. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 16:03 Creston

3. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 16:00 Acleacius

While I'm not happy about epic exclusive, all in all I'm glad Sony has started to relent to the PC. I know Steam's popularity and massive sales over the last 15 years has been the major factor.

See you next year, GotY. Golfclap

2. Re: Heavy Rain PC Demo May 25, 2019, 15:21 fliptw

Ellen Page isn't in this one. this is 45 minutes of JAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOONN!  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo