Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event

A Steam Spring Cleaning Event is now underway, offering the chance to earn some flair for your Steam profile without spending any cash. Word is: "No purchase required. Simply complete daily tasks and projects during the event to earn trophies, unlock the Spring Cleaning badge, and gain emoticons and backgrounds for your Steam profile. These can be acquired through older titles already in your library as well as by diving into something new to your collection." There are also rewards for playing games you may not already own, but never fear, these can be played for free between now and Tuesday. Here's the list of seven games that are free (and on sale) for the duration of the event:

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 26, 2019, 01:10 theglaze

Creston wrote on May 25, 2019, 16:06:
theglaze wrote on May 25, 2019, 11:33:
Assetto Corsa has, perhaps, the best mod community within all of sim racing.

Recently, RaceDepartment achieved 10,000 uploads for AC with content ranging from new cars, tracks, telemetry tools, graphical/shader changes, FFB tweaks, etc, etc....

If anyone wants to try sim racing, Assetto Corsa is the title to try! And it will live on for another 5 years.

Aren't they working on an AC2?

Officially, Assetto Corsa Competizione is almost out of Early Access, but it is a closed platform that mimics the Blancpain series. It will not support 10,000 mods, due to licensing. The original AC will remain the community favorite, while ACC will be the 'competitive' version that is much harded to exploit in multiplayer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 16:06 Creston

theglaze wrote on May 25, 2019, 11:33:

Recently, RaceDepartment achieved 10,000 uploads for AC with content ranging from new cars, tracks, telemetry tools, graphical/shader changes, FFB tweaks, etc, etc....

If anyone wants to try sim racing, Assetto Corsa is the title to try! And it will live on for another 5 years.

Aren't they working on an AC2?

26. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 15:55 Acleacius

Is there a consensus on best Firefox addon for Steam? I've honestly got no clue but looks like the two most popular are Augmented Steam and Steam Database.  

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

25. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 14:38 Kxmode

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 25, 2019, 11:06:
Thanks Gabe for these 7 steaming turds

Having put over 100 hours into Grim Dawn, I know for a fact, is it not a "steaming turd." It's a cross between Diablo 2 and Path of Exile. An enjoyable game to play that looks great on 4K with all the settings maxed out. Combat is challenging. The story is interesting. I like the synergy between the classes, devotion tree, and weapon stats. They all work together and independently to produce exciting gameplay.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

24. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 11:53 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on May 25, 2019, 11:37:
StingingVelvet wrote on May 24, 2019, 21:03:
Free for two days looks kind of weak when a certain other store is giving away big games permanently, but nice to have a Grim Dawn demo to try out I guess. Not a super fan of Diablo stuff but I do like the look of it.

Really dude? Valve just gave away GRID 2 the other day. Its not like Valve does not give away games just as good as Epic has been.

What the hell makes you think that "Valve" is giving away the freebies on Steam? They are not. GRID 2 was a (repeat) giveaway by its publisher Codemasters, of course, coupled with a GRID franchise sale and the announcement of a new GRID game that will release in September.

Off the top of my head I can not think of a single freebie courtesy of Steam (Valve) itself. They are way too greedy for freebies.

23. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 11:45 RedEye9

Darks wrote on May 25, 2019, 11:37:
Free for two days looks kind of weak when a certain other store is giving away big games permanently, but nice to have a Grim Dawn demo to try out I guess. Not a super fan of Diablo stuff but I do like the look of it.

Really dude? Valve just gave away GRID 2 the other day. Its not like Valve does not give away games just as good as Epic has been.
ivesssapology thanks for defending Steam's purity. I was beginning to get nauseated by the way this thread was going and the total lack of devout Steam worshipping. You people are you people.
Just thinking about it now makes me so mad i might split in half. Then there would be two of me. Then I could have two steam accounts. Has anyone seen my chainsaw. Rolleyes2

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

22. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 11:37 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

21. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 11:33 theglaze

20. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 11:06 [VG]Reagle

Thanks Gabe for these 7 steaming turds  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

19. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 10:51 Creston

Orogogus wrote on May 25, 2019, 02:25:
Creston wrote on May 25, 2019, 00:22:
"Complete daily tasks?" Fuck you, Valve, I already have a fucking job.

Maybe, I don't know, do something fucking COOL or offer some actual free shit instead of a two day free trial for which you have to do 'chores'.

Three years from now, Valve will be sitting there wondering why nobody is going to their store anymore.

You don't have to do any chores to play the games, it's just the usual free weekend. I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't have the functionality to give you a game if you have x badge or achievement.

Oh okay, I misunderstood what they were saying then.

18. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 10:24 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on May 25, 2019, 06:54:
Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 00:05:
Guess they are looking to get rid of the Spring Sale, normally this weekend and moved up the Summer Sale from July to June.

Good morning to 2019, Sir!

The last time the summer sale happened in July was 2013! The spring cleaning event was also held last year around the same date for the first time. Not sure what you mean by "normally"? Steam never had a real "spring sale". This spring cleaning event is relatively new and occurred for the first time in 2018. They have not had any other history or regularity of spring sales.
Lmao, wow I really blew that one. I could have sworn there were 4 seasonal sales a year, derp.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

17. removed May 25, 2019, 07:31 panbient

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 25, 2019, 10:22.

16. removed May 25, 2019, 07:06 sali

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 25, 2019, 10:22.

15. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 06:54 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2019, 00:05:
Guess they are looking to get rid of the Spring Sale, normally this weekend and moved up the Summer Sale from July to June.

Good morning to 2019, Sir!

The last time the summer sale happened in July was 2013! The spring cleaning event was also held last year around the same date for the first time. Not sure what you mean by "normally"? Steam never had a real "spring sale". This spring cleaning event is relatively new and occurred for the first time in 2018. They have not had any other history or regularity of spring sales.

14. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 06:38 CJ_Parker

I'm gonna try Grim Dawn and Endless Space 2. Won't buy either game though because the fuckers behind both companies can not be arsed to offer proper complete bundles of their games (no, the Endless Space 2 "Collection", in spite of its FRAUDULENTLY INTENTIONALLY misleading name, does not include all of the DLC). Fuck those assholes but thanks for the freebie anyway!  

13. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 05:26 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on May 24, 2019, 22:05:
Ant wrote on May 24, 2019, 21:57:
Too many games!
And you will download every one of them. And you will play them. And they will auto delete 2 days from now.
So it was written and So it shall be.

So say we all.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 04:48 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 24, 2019, 20:22:
Flair for my profile. HA, take that EGS.

Considering EGS doesn't have public profiles... so there's that.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

11. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 02:25 Orogogus

Creston wrote on May 25, 2019, 00:22:

Maybe, I don't know, do something fucking COOL or offer some actual free shit instead of a two day free trial for which you have to do 'chores'.

Three years from now, Valve will be sitting there wondering why nobody is going to their store anymore.

You don't have to do any chores to play the games, it's just the usual free weekend. I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't have the functionality to give you a game if you have x badge or achievement.

10. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 00:49 jacobvandy

Meh, gamification of Steam isn't any worse than Epic constantly selling their captive audience of Fortnite players to advertisers. Both methods are making a lot of money and can be almost completely ignored by those they offend.  

9. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 00:22 Creston

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo